The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by bunny96
Not too good :frown: All my exams were crammed around that exam so I couldn't prepare as much as I wanted to, plus I didn't have time to finish it :cry: Disastrous really

ditto the cramming LOL. Chem 5, for example, is supposedly the hardest chemistry unit in terms of required knowledge depth, but I did the least work for it.. I keep telling myself that I always pull it out of the bag, but I may actually be deluded, I may actually have done something stupid. oops?
Original post by vicky8761
what is it you want to study? you might have said it before but i cant remember, sorry :s-smilie:

i dont really know much about either of those universities to be honest :P yeah im off to london if i get kings, but not if its greenwich, thats at the medway campus. i didnt want to move away from home just yet so...

Oops sorry, forgot to say! German and Russian :smile: and I don't know much about KCL or Greenwich either so we're equal :P oh Medway is Kent, right? Well that's alright then, bring home laundry regularly haha :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
The last few days are always the longest! At least on the 14th we can at least have a look at boundaries for exams which gives everyone something to bide their time with....
Original post by Padouken
ditto the cramming LOL. Chem 5, for example, is supposedly the hardest chemistry unit in terms of required knowledge depth, but I did the least work for it.. I keep telling myself that I always pull it out of the bag, but I may actually be deluded, I may actually have done something stupid. oops?

Would you say CHEM5 is harder than CHEM4? CHEM4 looks so hard with all the mechanisms and organic stuff, whereas there are hardly any mechanisms in unit 5 which could be a bliss :P
Did anyone else do Aqa Sociology/Psychology A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Original post by Padouken

Oh my gosh are we twins? Throughout the whole year I always delayed starting the serious pre-exam revision, thinking that I would get round to it and I would be fine and make up for it etc.
When I started it was way too late and now I did a lot worse in my exams than what I know I could have got :cry2:
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Wow, that's nice of them! At my school, Y13 results can be collected from 9am and Y12 results can be collected from 9:30am.

Actually, thinking about this, I might not have time to check Track before I go get my results, especially if it crashes. I have to travel quite a way to school and I'll want to be there early, too. The school have said they will hand out results before 9 if they're ready.

Track should never crash as they know that many students will login during the morning, it will probably just slow down quite a lot.

My school like to allow students time in case of a worse case scenario occuring so they can quickly receive advice and plan ahead before clearing opens. :biggrin:
Reply 627
Original post by DJMayes
Don't worry, Edexcel cover the same approximate amount of content in C1-4 and FP1-3 as AQA do in C1-4 and FP1-4. The existence of FP4 is actually more of a negative for the AQA board than a positive.

I hate how AQA made an FP4 exam as well because it means that the grade boundaries are higher for each individual FP2-4 unit. (because students have more chances/choice of modules to get a particular grade)
Original post by LiquidGold
See I don't mind intergration too much, so it wasn't as bad as FP4 that was all vectors/matrices.

AQA!

I like matrices, but agree with you about vectors, pretty nasty stuff.

Original post by DJMayes
Don't worry, Edexcel cover the same approximate amount of content in C1-4 and FP1-3 as AQA do in C1-4 and FP1-4. The existence of FP4 is actually more of a negative for the AQA board than a positive.

Ah right! It just sounds a bit scary then :tongue:
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
Hi, can someone put up that Patisserie Valerie free cupcake link up on this thread please? :smile:) I need to send my friend the link! :biggrin:

CAKE! ---> http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/a-level-cupcake-2013.aspx
Reply 630
Original post by MiaDreams

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Sociology
Original post by Lifeisgood:)

Thanks dude! :cake: :thumbsup:

No problemo, it's a shame I dont have a PV near me otherwise I'd snap up their offer. :frown:
Original post by Wick3d
Track should never crash as they know that many students will login during the morning, it will probably just slow down quite a lot.

My school like to allow students time in case of a worse case scenario occuring so they can quickly receive advice and plan ahead before clearing opens. :biggrin:

I hope it doesn't, ideally I'd like to find out if I've made my firm before I go!

Do you actually have to go in at 7 to get your results or do they send them to you online?
Original post by MiaDreams

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Sociology :smile:
Reply 635
Can't sleep at night thinking of results...
I always start thinking about them at night time!
Original post by DavidM95
Can't sleep at night thinking of results...
I always start thinking about them at night time!

Likewise, but I have absolutely nothing else to do now until next Wednesday when I can start plotting and analysing the grade boundaries (so sad).
Reply 637
Original post by Matt_dragon
Would you say CHEM5 is harder than CHEM4? CHEM4 looks so hard with all the mechanisms and organic stuff, whereas there are hardly any mechanisms in unit 5 which could be a bliss :P

the mechanisms aren't as hard as you may think - you can actually understand what's going on and find out why another seemingly possible route isn't possible at all for the given set of reagents. The organic route map isn't that bad and you'll probably realize that as you begin to learn the map. As for unit 5, the substitute is learning colors which is just boring as ****. Ligands and compelx ions can be interesting for some and redox is just..well.. redox.. meh. The energetics is just a little more advanced than unit 2. All in all, I honestly preferred unit 4.

Think of it as this:
Chem4 --> lots of content, little depth.
Chem5 --> little content, huge depth.

Chem2 is the one I hated the most though.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
No problemo, it's a shame I dont have a PV near me otherwise I'd snap up their offer. :frown:

Dayyyum, that's annoying! :/ Are there not any other places that would do something like that... Like give us free food? :eating:
Reply 639
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Likewise, but I have absolutely nothing else to do now until next Wednesday when I can start plotting and analysing the grade boundaries (so sad).

I'll be exactly the same :P