The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiaDreams
Did anyone else do Aqa Sociology/Psychology A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did both :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 641
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Likewise, but I have absolutely nothing else to do now until next Wednesday when I can start plotting and analysing the grade boundaries (so sad).

Just had to say, I love your picture :biggrin:
Sheldon!
Original post by LiquidGold
:woo:

I don't know about you, but I personally really disliked fm this year. AS was all well and good, but A2.... Ergh :argh:

What's wrong with FM A2? Modules?
Reply 643
Original post by Padouken
It's comments like these that explain the ever inflating ego of the oxbridge candidate.

Huge generalisation.

You bitter about something?
Reply 644
Original post by Vip3rgt9
True. I hold an offer from Southampton that's got higher entry requirements than someone I know's offer from oxford.

High entry requirements say very little about the standard of the course or how difficult it is to get into. Obviously an A*A*A offer suggests a more prestigious establishment than CCD, but comparing good universities by entry requirements is absurd. :lol:

Half this thread probably has an offer with higher entry requirements than my firm, but I wouldn't want to trade offers with any.

:zomg:

Hopefully with maths and chemistry sorted, I hope I can get a free cake :cool:

Will they turn me down though, because I had to retake some exams this year? :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lifeisgood:)
Dayyyum, that's annoying! :/ Are there not any other places that would do something like that... Like give us free food? :eating:

I live in London so pv won't be a problem for me :biggrin:

Unless you guys come down to London for the day :awesome:
Reply 647
Original post by Arva
High entry requirements say very little about the standard of the course or how difficult it is to get into. Obviously an A*A*A offer suggests a more prestigious establishment than CCD, but comparing good universities by entry requirements is absurd. :lol:

Half this thread probably has an offer with higher entry requirements than my firm, but I wouldn't want to trade offers with any.

What's your firm?
Original post by Arva

Not even straight Econ at the other place? :redface:
Reply 649
Just wish it would hurry up, I'm running out of ideas to pass time :cry:
Reply 650
What's your firm?

Oxford E&M
Reply 651
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Not even straight Econ at the other place? :redface:

God no :wink:
Reply 652
Dayyyum, that's annoying! :/ Are there not any other places that would do something like that... Like give us free food? :eating:

I've heard of McDonald's giving out free cheeseburgers for all of those achieving less than a C in Sports Science, as a sign for commiserations.
Original post by Arva

Why's that? Just curious
Reply 654
Original post by Arva
Oxford E&M

yea.. but the offer?
Reply 655
Original post by Arva

muhaha. How about economics at Warwick?
x

Yep, shame Subway aren't doing something or Millies Cookies.. I love Millies Cookies, especially the giant ones!

Original post by DavidM95
x

Solidarity! Oot, oot.

Original post by madz2802
x

Why thank you. :biggrin:

Original post by James A
x

I think it would depend on the server, if they're nice and understand the shear level of stress a-levels cause then perhaps you will obtain.. CAKE!
Reply 657
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Why's that? Just curious

The horrified reaction was a joke, playing on the Ox vs Camb stereotypical rivalry, but I may actually be in love with Oxford city. I was planing to apply to Cambridge until just over a year ago when I went to an open day and instantly changed my mind.

I love my college, I love the course and the addition of management, I love the city and I have a nice offer, so I honestly wouldn't swap it even for Cambridge.
Reply 658
Original post by hannah_lou
Oops sorry, forgot to say! German and Russian :smile: and I don't know much about KCL or Greenwich either so we're equal :P oh Medway is Kent, right? Well that's alright then, bring home laundry regularly haha :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha i wont need to, im literally living at home, no need to bring it home when ill be taking my clothes off there :P medway is kent, yeah :biggrin:
german and russian? you brave, brave soul :P
Reply 659
yea.. but the offer?

AAA

muhaha. How about economics at Warwick?

Smart question, picking a more neutral ground, but still no. :tongue:

Latest