The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by sharmine
I suppose it's because you always want what you don't have... I live in a tiny countryside town so I'd love a London lifestyle, but I suppose you would want the quietness that I have!

I live in a village on the coast, I feel trapped when I'm in London, wherever you go there are just houses and houses, the air feels thick and people don't say hello to you when you walk past them :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
THIS is why I wish I lived in London

Don't worry!

London can be pretty crap, as long as occasionally great! :smile:
Original post by adi19956
I live in a village on the coast, I feel trapped when I'm in London, wherever you go there are just houses and houses, the air feels thick and people don't say hello to you when you walk past them :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

You have a point, it is quite disheartening when everyone you walk past in London are mostly blank faced and in a rush. But I just love the feel of London in the morning at 9am and everyone is in their suits off to work, I just love the work ethic feel of it!
I wouldn't be able to cope in London I don't think.
I like cities, but London seems just *too* busy for myself :P

My quietest friend has applied to a london uni, and he's actually petrified :P
Reply 744
You have a point, it is quite disheartening when everyone you walk past in London are mostly blank faced and in a rush. But I just love the feel of London in the morning at 9am and everyone is in their suits off to work, I just love the work ethic feel of it!

You'd love New York, then. Americans, especially New Yorkers, have an insane work ethic. Mornings are intense to say the least.
Just want this to hurry up now! Tired of waiting... :frown:
Reply 746
Anyone got any tips for sleeping? Getting really reflective and post-morteming all of my exams :eek:
I'm actually really excited, I know I haven't done as well as I'd liked to, but at least I'll finally get to know! Plus I didn't apply to university this year so there's less pressure for me.
Original post by M a t t
Anyone got any tips for sleeping? Getting really reflective and post-morteming all of my exams :eek:

I'd love sleeping tips too.
I'm wide awake till like 5am every morning.
It's getting ridiculous waiting, it is taking forever!!!!
Reply 749
Original post by Divergent
I'd love sleeping tips too.
I'm wide awake till like 5am every morning.
It's getting ridiculous waiting, it is taking forever!!!!

Finally! Someone who is awake!! I've tried many things to nod off, but nothing seems to work. The prospect of exams being a week away is like having an electrode stuck to my heart :eek: As for sleeping try and pair up your friends with each other, its a stupid game but it takes your mind off impending doom :smile:
Reply 750
Original post by M a t t

Just watch TV/youtube :smile: Worked for me so far. And I'm going on a holiday (only in England :colondollar: ) for the weekend, so will take my mind off it...although I reckon come monday/tuesday next week, I'll be in the exact same mental state as you...

I recommend watching all 192 episodes of HIMYM back to back :biggrin:
7 DAYS PEOPLEEEE!!!!

p.s. I fixed the link to Hyde Park Water Fight facebook event! :biggrin:
Original post by Infamous12
The nearer results day gets, the worse I think I have done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I was the only one.
Original post by onimusha370
that was never proved

thanks for still believing in me! Even when everyone else doesn't! :rock: :rave:
Reply 754
Original post by Mr Tough
Just watch TV/youtube :smile: Worked for me so far. And I'm going on a holiday (only in England :colondollar: ) for the weekend, so will take my mind off it...although I reckon come monday/tuesday next week, I'll be in the exact same mental state as you...

I'm actually going to take your advice and start watching it if i can't sleep later on in the night :biggrin: I wish I was on holiday right about now, I don't have to think about it then :smile:
Reply 755
Original post by CurtisDean
7 DAYS PEOPLEEEE!!!!

p.s. I fixed the link to Hyde Park Water Fight facebook event! :biggrin:

Let me know how that water fight goes, I just dont see more than 5 people from here turning up
Original post by ElChapo
Let me know how that water fight goes, I just dont see more than 5 people from here turning up

that'll still be pretty awesome! To be honest, we didn't want to plan it too much - just wanted it to be a spontaneous thing, so that we could do something fun before we get our results :smile:
Original post by Mr Tough

Awww I loved to watch all HIMYM.. :P
I really need to invest in netflix don't i?!
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I hope it doesn't, ideally I'd like to find out if I've made my firm before I go!

Do you actually have to go in at 7 to get your results or do they send them to you online?

When the clock hits 7 am they'll hand the results out. :smile: Or maybe if you beg them a few minutes early. :tongue: Usually if you get there early enough you can see them stuffing the results in the envelope. :biggrin:
How are people coping?
I for one have mixed feelings about my results.. fearing the worst :cry2:

Latest