On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Freshers 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by awfast
Computer science here! Just received my uncond offer!! :smile:))

Congrats! There don't seem to many Comp Sci people in this thread :P
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 421
Original post by Kenna
Firmed Physics :smile:

Me too :biggrin: don't know if i'll make the A in physics though!
Reply 422
Original post by geebee93
has anyone received anything about enrolment, our new student email, or student ID? It says we have to do that stuff before arrival but I have had basically no emails or post from the uni since I was accepted. Is that normal? And, if so, when will we hear about that kind of stuff?

If you go on this address it sends links to all the pages. Enrolment didnt open until August 1st so don't worry, you have until the final week before going to uni to do it all and it's really simple, it'll take 15 mins to do the whole thing.
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/arrivals/checklist.html
Reply 423
Original post by geebee93
has anyone received anything about enrolment, our new student email, or student ID? It says we have to do that stuff before arrival but I have had basically no emails or post from the uni since I was accepted. Is that normal? And, if so, when will we hear about that kind of stuff?

Ive just found this link online for enrolment, student ID card & setting up a computer account.

http://www.areyouready.southampton.ac.uk/
Reply 424
Firmed for BA Anthropology.
I can't remember which accommodation I put as my first choice, I think it was Glen Eyre (that or Wessex Lane). Ha, that bodes well, I've forgotten where I might be living before I've even started :blushing: Either way it was self-catered. I tend not to eat hot meals for whatever reason, so I thought it would be easier (and cheaper!) to just buy the stuff I eat myself.
Getting really excited and nervous, I can't wait to get into the sports side of things, I've heard that the road cycling club is brilliant. And there's a velodrome in Calshot!! The nearest one to me is about 140 miles away -_-
Best of luck for next week everyone!
Original post by Flowerii
Firmed for BA Anthropology.
I can't remember which accommodation I put as my first choice, I think it was Glen Eyre (that or Wessex Lane). Ha, that bodes well, I've forgotten where I might be living before I've even started :blushing: Either way it was self-catered. I tend not to eat hot meals for whatever reason, so I thought it would be easier (and cheaper!) to just buy the stuff I eat myself.

Does the order we put the accommodation choices in matter? I assumed it did. But I've changed my mind about what place I'd like as my first choice :s-smilie: Can't do anything about it now, and it's down as my second choice anyway, just wish I'd changed my mind before the deadline! :colondollar:

How many people here have put down Liberty Point as a choice?
Reply 426
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Does the order we put the accommodation choices in matter? I assumed it did. But I've changed my mind about what place I'd like as my first choice :s-smilie: Can't do anything about it now, and it's down as my second choice anyway, just wish I'd changed my mind before the deadline! :colondollar:

How many people here have put down Liberty Point as a choice?

Give the team an email or call. I'm sure they won't mind. If you really don't like the place or whatever you can move anyway. People stress about accommodation but with the bus pass (which is great) it doesn't matter too much. I'd try not to worry. It's down to the people and you never know what you're going to get:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 427
Should everyone else start hearing back about accommodation after results day? Mine's still submitted and I recently went unconditional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428
Original post by Kempy
Should everyone else start hearing back about accommodation after results day? Mine's still submitted and I recently went unconditional

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this a way of finding out results before Thursday?!?!!
*hastily checks accommodation website*
:eek: I can't log in. And I've got all the right log in info.
Well, I'm not going to be getting any sleep tonight!
Original post by Flowerii
Is this a way of finding out results before Thursday?!?!!
*hastily checks accommodation website*
:eek: I can't log in. And I've got all the right log in info.
Well, I'm not going to be getting any sleep tonight!

Just to escalate the tension further..

The uni *does* receive your results from UCAS *one week* earlier than when you guys get your individual results. The reason for this is for the unis to know how many have met their offers, and how many places they'll need to put into Clearing.

Whatever you do, please don't call the uni until results day coz it really won't help move things along...
Reply 430
Original post by A_oneill
Below is a link to a Soton student parking page. It says that no permit is needed for motorcycle or scooter as long as its not parked in an area that is designated for cars. I saw a few bikes parked randomly on campus when visiting. I've been considering bringing one myself but will stick to pedal power until early spring maybe.

The link

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/estates/services/carparking/student_park_permit.html

Fair enough, but as far as i understand, you will struggle to park your motorcycle at certain halls, as they only have restricted parking for cars to pick up and drop off.
Reply 431
Original post by Kempy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

It might be because of our team are dealing with lots of FRESHERS, so it will take a bit of time. If you still don't heard anything in within a week or two. Give us a call on +44 (0)23 8059 5959.

For other contact informations please visit:
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/contactus/
Reply 432
JUST GOT ACCEPTED FOR FRENCH (LINGUISTIC STUDIES)!!!!! :biggrin: Hope everyone else gets what they want! :smile:
Reply 433
Hi!
First of all congrats to everybody who has been accepted! :smile:

Is anyone else interested in joining a sports club? I found the emails of all the clubs on SUSU and I am thinking of writing to the football and tennis club for more information on the membership.
Reply 434
Has anyone been confirmed for music?
Reply 435
Confirmed for BA Archaeology! :biggrin:
I've been accepted for MSci Marine Biology :smile:
Reply 437
Confirmed for Physics with Space Science, but want to change it slightly to astro :smile:
Reply 438
Confirmed for psychology, so pleased :smile:
Reply 439
Well done to everyone whose places have been confirmed! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending