The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JOR2010
You have unwittingly given away your name, Simon. Buying yourself a birthday cookie?! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Simon... really?! And there was me thinking I'd given my name away (unwittingly) through my username. Doh!
Reply 861
Original post by Tuya
Probably a stupid question, but is CCC the actual average? I've never seen anyone who genuinely couldn't do better than that...

You've never seen someone achieve CCC or below? Do you go to private school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aptenodytes
Worst case scenario; you have to resit some modules and reapply OR you go to a uni you arent completely happy with.

It's not really that bad, is it? Compared to people who can't/don't go into further education or people who wouldnt even dream of ABB.

for example, I ate a grape this morning thinking it was seedless but it had seeds and i didnt like it. This got me thinking; why didnt I eat an orange instead? Even if the orange had seeds, at least I would have been more prepared. But then the orange could have been sour, and I inadvertently made the correct decision with the grape.

Alright mate, calm down.
I wasn't asking for your life story.

I don't give a **** about other people :') they hold no relevance here.
Reply 863
Original post by vicky8761
I did PSYA4 this summer

I did your mum this summer
Reply 864
Original post by TauMuon

You really lepton that one

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by TauMuon

£10 says you didn't.
Original post by Andaxay
Same here. Those little mistakes have a way of sneaking up on us D:

One week from today I'll know my results by now. Oh dear.

one week from now and life could be different!
Original post by kate_louise21
If on results day your firm says unsuccessful does this mean your not allowed to ring up the university ?

You're *allowed* to it's just not really worth it unless you're
a) have met your offer and the rejection is a mistake
b) getting a priority remark
c) are a glutton for punishment and want to have your day made even worse by hearing someone say "no we don't want you" in person.
Original post by Tuya
Probably a stupid question, but is CCC the actual average? I've never seen anyone who genuinely couldn't do better than that...

http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/a-lev.htm
It seems mostly to be B or C depending on the subject, so I'd guess the average is BBC or BCC. I imagine the median is probably AAA though.
Original post by ColourDog
Does anyone know where you'd stand if you applied for a different course through clearing? (If you don't get grades for firm etc)?
Is it allowed?

It's not only allowed it's downright common!

If you do this then it's worth having a think about it now about which subjects might be worth looking into - you should at the very least have a bullet point style PS about why you are interested in the subject that you can refer while you're on the phone to clearing unis if need be.
Reply 870
Original post by PythianLegume
If it says unsuccessful, they have made their decision - you are unlikely to convince them to give you a place.

I never really understood saying this. It's like saying that some people in Zimbabwe are as rich as some in the UK - yes it's true, but the general rules still apply; people in the UK are richer. There's a tendency on TSR to assume that all generalisation is automatically bad, which is simply untrue. Of course there are individual differences.

I like you. Your posts make sense.
Reply 871
Original post by TauMuon

jokes on you, my moms dead
Original post by kate113855
Alright mate, calm down.
I wasn't asking for your life story.

I don't give a **** about other people :') they hold no relevance here.

I'm sorry if you interpretted my post this way; I was just trying to be helpful/positive by saying that even if things go South, you shouldn't have too much to worry about. :smile:

i do have this other really good story about a boat, an ice cream and a rather clumsy waitress.
Reply 873

i do have this other really good story about a boat, an ice cream and a rather clumsy waitress.

I'd love to hear it in another life! :biggrin:
I'm sorry if you interpretted my post this way; I was just trying to be helpful/positive by saying that even if things go South, you shouldn't have too much to worry about. :smile:

It's okay haha. I'm sorry.

I'm super ratty today because I've had no sleep due to bed/duvet hogs :frown:
Reply 875
Yesterday, not a single individual from my school was messaging me about next Thursday.

Today, I've already had 5 messages asking me how I'm going to open my sodding envelope.

Trying to take my mind off of Results Day? An absolute exercise in futility. :colonhash:
Reply 876
I feel like I've been way too confident; haven't even got a plan B for if I get less than ABB :biggrin:

I 100% am not going to my insurance >:C

Where do you plan on going for uni may I ask? :biggrin:
Original post by Pedd
Where do you plan on going for uni may I ask? :biggrin:

Fingers crossed I'm going to Keele :biggrin: my insurance is Lincoln but I haven't even visited it, or looked at the course in particular depth :frown:

What about you? :smile:
Original post by PQ
It's not only allowed it's downright common!

If you do this then it's worth having a think about it now about which subjects might be worth looking into - you should at the very least have a bullet point style PS about why you are interested in the subject that you can refer while you're on the phone to clearing unis if need be.

It's not that I want to change subject; I already have!:smile: my personal statement is for a subject I'm not doing, so if I do go not clearing then I was just hoping I would be able to still try or another Uni :smile:
Thanks for the bullet point idea though: think will do that just in case!:smile:
Reply 879
Fingers crossed I'm going to Keele :biggrin: my insurance is Lincoln but I haven't even visited it, or looked at the course in particular depth :frown:

What about you? :smile:

I'm a year behind you, so perhaps my choice is more subject to change than yours. Regardless, I've fallen in love with UCL. :wink:

What branch of academia do you plan to read?

Latest