The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pedd
I'm a year behind you, so perhaps my choice is more subject to change than yours. Regardless, I've fallen in love with UCL. :wink:

What branch of academia do you plan to read?

Ooh fair enough, I don't envy you, living in London is soooo expensive apparently :') I'm doing English Lit :smile: you?
Original post by Arva
I like you. Your posts make sense.

As do yours. :blow:

And of course my posts make sense. I mean, come on. This is me we're talking about :colone:
Reply 882
Original post by kate113855
Ooh fair enough, I don't envy you, living in London is soooo expensive apparently :') I'm doing English Lit :smile: you?

It bloody well is! I would be taking accommodation for the first year if possible, but I'd be fiscally-forced to be based at home from the second year onwards. Luckily we have a decent transport system here. :biggrin:

Politics here.

I do wish you the best next week, you'll ace your results I'm sure.
Reply 883
what time is ucas open track from 15th august morning?
Original post by Pedd
It bloody well is! I would be taking accommodation for the first year if possible, but I'd be fiscally-forced to be based at home from the second year onwards. Luckily we have a decent transport system here. :biggrin:

Politics here.

I do wish you the best next week, you'll ace your results I'm sure.

Ooh very nice! Politics is just a bit of a mind-f**k to me haha :') Living at home might be good btw, at least you'll get fed :biggrin: and thank you, gl with your AS results too if you're getting them c:
Going out for dinner with my drama class and teacher on Wednesday night. My teacher is quite high up in the school so she'll probably know our results D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 886
Original post by PythianLegume
Nope. I think UCAS might get them around today. Universities get them at the weekend.

How does anyone know this? Just out of curiosity.. Did you hear this from word of mouth or is there something to back up this conspiracy...? Because everyone is saying it but I've seen no proof
Original post by lillollystar
Going out for dinner with my drama class and teacher on Thursday night. My teacher is quite high up in the school so she'll probably know our results D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This Thursday she won't know your results. Next Thursday you'll know them.

Original post by anon2345
How does anyone know this? Just out of curiosity.. Did you hear this from word of mouth or is there something to back up this conspiracy...? Because everyone is saying it but I've seen no proof

PQ said it - she is involved in a university admission's department, I believe. See Post 817.
This Thursday she won't know your results. Next Thursday you'll know them.

I meant Wednesday :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 889

PQ said it - she is involved in a university admission's department, I believe. See Post 817.

Fair
Reply 890
A week still feels too long away for me - a whole week of panic. :ashamed2:
Original post by Deziah
A week still feels too long away for me - a whole week of panic. :ashamed2:

Just fill it with things! The time goes so fast when you're busy :smile:
Original post by FabiusMaximus
I'm wanting to be a pilot but I was think university of east anglia wbu?

I just woke from a dream, I dream't that I got a D in my ICT after failing the coursework and then a C in Geography :frown:

A huge part of our exams is technique so you can know all the stuff but if you don't fulfil the requirements of the questions you fall short :/ I think this is where I falter most.

Good luck with that, my brother wants to be a pilot too. I've heard good things about UEA. Hopefully, I'll be off to do History at Westminster this september :smile:

I've only had one dream and my results were printed on a clay tablet, like something from the Romans hahahah. They were better than expected though!

I know, I think my writing isn't that good either so I worry and worry about that. I have problems answering the questions. I have trained myself to expect 3 C's which is not what I want but sure.

Good luck.
Original post by popnit
Been up since 5.50 panicking for the big day. I'll be sleeping like a log if I get into uni. If I don't then I'll lose sleep forever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just can't wait to we get them so I can stop thinking about it!
Reply 894
I NEED AAB to study economics at Exeter but fear I might end up with A*BB....................................:frown: DO I STAND ANY CHANCE AT ALLL-------panicking.
Original post by JENG
I NEED AAB to study economics at Exeter but fear I might end up with A*BB....................................:frown: DO I STAND ANY CHANCE AT ALLL-------panicking.

If you get that and there is no change on Track, then call Exeter and ask/convince them to take you. Alternatively, they might have accepted you anyway. Only if Track has 'unsuccessful' on your application is there no point phoning (unless there's been a mistake).
Just had a nap and a nerdy results day dream. I was holding the envelope and Gandalf suddenly appeared an did his

You cannot pass! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass!

And I started crying because one of my fave bits of LOTR was used against me and Gandalf was being mean :frown:

Then I went back to the shadow, without even opening my results.

::ninjagirl:
My friends UCAS just changed to confirm that he's in to his university, I told him to ring UCAS due to the glitches in the new system but he won't listen to me... Boys pfft (last bits a joke) :haha:
Just got my edexcel results plus login

A week left - I can't believe it!
I'm so scared and cant imagine what its like for people actually in year 12/13!

Also, I saw my gcse papers from last november in depth - i got 98 in non calculator but 89 in calculator so....

Latest