The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Cant believe this is the 6th results day for A levels I've been through. I'm at uni but did more A levels for interest. Getting AQA A A2Psychology and CCEA AS Physics this time. Depending on how I do I want to do A2 Physics and also Sociology. Glad I'm not going through UCAS again on top of results.
Original post by Shillings
Hi I heard a rumour that we can check on Track if our Universities have accepted or rejected us before the ccea results website goes live. Can someone who did ccea confirm if this is true? Absolutley bricken it now :confused:

When do the ccea results go live?
Reply 942
I thought they went live at 7am?
Reply 943
Hi I heard a rumour that we can check on Track if our Universities have accepted or rejected us before the ccea results website goes live. Can someone who did ccea confirm if this is true? Absolutley bricken it now :confused:

yea when I was on facebook on results day 3 years ago ones had found out on Track before results were out. This was before 7am. Nothing had changed on mine until 7am.
Original post by study beats
shouldnt i still notify them before results day?

I would do it as soon as possible if I were you - you should have done it earlier really but better late than never :tongue:
Reply 945
Original post by Jessie7003
I have officially ruined what little remained of my sleeping routine :frown: Was staying up to 5am and sleeping to 2pm, I went to sleep at 5am, woke up at half 9 in the morning, kept taking 'naps' all day and now I'm WIDE awake :frown:

This way, the days go faster :biggrin:
I thought they went live at 7am?

It'll be around the same time then.

Track will show any updates at some point between 6am and 8am. Last year it was 7.30am...
Reply 947
But can Track tell us our actual results or just if we've been accepted??

Just if you've been accepted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Track doesn't show anything more than it does at the moment.

The only thing that can change is that your offers can change from conditional to unconditional or from conditional to unsuccessful.

It wont update for everyone.
Reply 950
Oh God....dunno if i wanna risk loging onto Track first then lol
I'm not sure what I will do.
Probably log onto Track.

You can be 100% that mine doesn't update though knowing me.
Or I haven't got my grades.

Quick question, if applying through clearing, do you have to show them the personal statement you used for your UCAS application?
DAYS

HOURS

MINUTES

SECONDS
Till Thursday next week.

This makes it even more scary. Eek!

Original post by ChoccyWoccy
I would do it as soon as possible if I were you - you should have done it earlier really but better late than never :tongue:

because i was unsure if i wanna do it and if u could....but know i realised that if i dont get into university then thats because life was unfair with me while everyone else were fine...
Original post by Divergent
I'm not sure what I will do.
Probably log onto Track.

You can be 100% that mine doesn't update though knowing me.
Or I haven't got my grades.

No update doesn't mean anything bad though - you could have met your offer but your uni is being slow to tell UCAS
Or you could have missed your offer and be in but your uni is being slow.
Or you could be on a shortlist of applicants who missed their offer and they want to talk to you.

No change is MUCH better than an unsuccessful!

Quick question, if applying through clearing, do you have to show them the personal statement you used for your UCAS application?

If you're in clearing then unis will be able to see your entire original application. Including PS, reference, where you originally applied and what for, whether they made you an offer or not and what the offer was etc etc etc
Original post by study beats
why u want to know, its gonna be so long....so many symptons i have to write, also u may find some things hard to believe...

also u may find it really emotional, so if ur sensitive then be prepared...so tell me if u wanna know

I have been diagnosed with OCD amongst other things so I'm interested in knowing how it affected your performance. I'm no softy so go ahead :smile:
Reply 956
Original post by j1i9s9s5
0:00am 15th August, check the Cambridge assessment website with the log in you should have been given.

Thanks
Original post by Blob2491
I have been diagnosed with OCD amongst other things so I'm interested in knowing how it affected your performance. I'm no softy so go ahead :smile:

it affected my studies because...

i spent hours and hours in the toilet washing my hands, checking if my face will touch the toilet brush, checking if my face will touch the toilet and inside the toilet, washing my arms/face/neck, checking my boxers again and again, thinking urine splashes will go into my mouth when peeing, having a difficult time washing my bum after taking a poop...and having a fear of all these things...
wastes around 1-4 hours time in the toilet and tires me out causes mental exhaustion ...

when i have sexual thoughts for 1-2 mins , i feel i might have pre ejaculated or leaked from down there....so i am scared to bend down in case semen goes in my mouth and i avoid letting any things touch my crotch area

when walking on pavement i check everytime if i stepped on something dirty and repeat my footsteps again and again...

also i have to face away from the toilet everytime i walk past by it, i repeat again and again.......when in my room i hesitate to look in the direction of the toilet...

spend 2-4 hours just to take a shower, scared my face might touch my penis, repeat again and again...

have to wash the dishes, wash spoons, check spoons, only take clean dishes to eat food

i dont allow anything to touch my crotch area

plus i wash my hands 10 times...and also my face, arms and neck...

plus more symptons.....

and its getting worse day by day :frown:
Original post by PQ
No update doesn't mean anything bad though - you could have met your offer but your uni is being slow to tell UCAS
Or you could have missed your offer and be in but your uni is being slow.
Or you could be on a shortlist of applicants who missed their offer and they want to talk to you.

No change is MUCH better than an unsuccessful!

If you're in clearing then unis will be able to see your entire original application. Including PS, reference, where you originally applied and what for, whether they made you an offer or not and what the offer was etc etc etc

Aw no. Seriously?
That's just killed my clearing option then. If it went completely horrendous on results day I was thinking of applying to Keele for a different course or York St. John for a completely (seriously completely) different course.
Oh well :P

& thanks for the info above. Seriously helpful x
Original post by Divergent
Aw no. Seriously?
That's just killed my clearing option then. If it went completely horrendous on results day I was thinking of applying to Keele for a different course or York St. John for a completely (seriously completely) different course.
Oh well :P

& thanks for the info above. Seriously helpful x

Lots of people get into completely different courses to their original in clearing.

Latest