(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ElChapo
Is it bad that my first question to him would be "Do you ****?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

well yes, but because of my OCD, it causes me to waste 4 hours in the toilet
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 982
Original post by study beats
i already got counselling therapist before and it helped..

getting treatment wish psychiatrist in 3/4 days and i know i will be able to recover and hopefully manage more of it..

the only reason its getting a bit worse is because right now my life is really crap and full of depression...once i am gonna get the treatment and turn my life around, i know i can beat my OCD...

plus i am going to live at home, so yeah....

If you get rejected I personally doubt they are going to reverse the decision based on you then saying you have OCD. For 2 reasons 1st as PQ has said before they usually don't change a decision unless there was some mistake by them. You didn't provide them with "mitigating circumstances" so it's not their problem. 2nd your answer that "I know i will be able to recover" is nowhere near good enough. If it was that easy you should have done what was needed before your exams. "i recognised the problem late" will not be accepted either. Don't get me wrong. OCD, Medical depression and most other mental health problems are not tangible to people who never had to go through them. The admissions officer will take "the path of least resistance" n say NO.

This is why they have laws for even say giving jobs for women, disabled etc. Employers take the path of least resistance. She'll get pregnant and go on leave, we will have to provide facilities for him being disabled. Why bother, just take a healthy male.

Anyway the point I'm making is. If you don't get into the university you wanted but want to go to University this year go through clearing. Be sure you want to and can clear your issues before you go in barely a month. You don't want to waste money for the year and find you fail and have to repeat the year or get low grades. Remember at University they will not increase your grades on mitigating circumstances.

A gap year sorting your issues n mitigating circumstances now resolved documentary evidence should get you in for next year. Best of luck with your decisions.
I hope at 6am on the 15th Im not going to be reading lifestories...pretty sure this thread should be about A level results day and useful helpful information for the day no ?
Reply 984
Original post by JENG
if you were to get an email on Monday regarding accommodation details or something then surely that means you've been accepted by that UNI -------right?:confused:

NO
Reply 985
Original post by Padouken
You might have to reconsider, as I'm unsure as to whether UCL have a rowing team or not.

Original post by HPAG
If you get rejected I personally doubt they are going to reverse the decision based on you then saying you have OCD. For 2 reasons 1st as PQ has said before they usually don't change a decision unless there was some mistake by them. You didn't provide them with "mitigating circumstances" so it's not their problem. 2nd your answer that "I know i will be able to recover" is nowhere near good enough. If it was that easy you should have done what was needed before your exams. "i recognised the problem late" will not be accepted either. Don't get me wrong. OCD, Medical depression and most other mental health problems are not tangible to people who never had to go through them. The admissions officer will take "the path of least resistance" n say NO.

This is why they have laws for even say giving jobs for women, disabled etc. Employers take the path of least resistance. She'll get pregnant and go on leave, we will have to provide facilities for him being disabled. Why bother, just take a healthy male.

Anyway the point I'm making is. If you don't get into the university you wanted but want to go to University this year go through clearing. Be sure you want to and can clear your issues before you go in barely a month. You don't want to waste money for the year and find you fail and have to repeat the year or get low grades. Remember at University they will not increase your grades on mitigating circumstances.

A gap year sorting your issues n mitigating circumstances now resolved documentary evidence should get you in for next year. Best of luck with your decisions.

u dont know how OCD works do you?

how can i resolve my OCD when it came at the wrong time,?

and by the way my OCD had only started last year, so how can i resolve that quickly?

i have no control over when it came, it is unpredictable

i am more then capable in doing everything in life and i can prove it
Reply 987
Original post by kate_louise21
I hope at 6am on the 15th Im not going to be reading lifestories...pretty sure this thread should be about A level results day and useful helpful information for the day no ?

Good point.:smile:
Original post by JENG
NO NO NO NO- AT FIIRST I BELIEVED THIS MIGHT BE A SERIOUS ISSUE--- BUT NOW UR JUST EGGING US ON------RIGHT:cool::smile:

why? i masturbate so i can relax and try and reduce my stress...whats wrong with that?

OCD can make you last that long? Damn.

no man, after i have finished masturbating, i sit on hours on the toilet seat because my sperm keeps oozing out....and i am scared if i get up without letting it all ooze out completely, then i might contaminate everything..such as the floor, things around me, my boxers, my clothes !!!

Original post by ElChapo
Lmao, really not worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

what shall i do then :frown:
Reply 989
no man, after i have finished masturbating, i sit on hours on the toilet seat because my sperm keeps oozing out....and i am scared if i get up without letting it all ooze out completely, then i might contaminate everything..such as the floor, things around me, my boxers, my clothes !!!

That was graphic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goodbye first rate education, hello the university of Lincoln.

Mate I'm expecting AAA, who even are you?
Reply 991
Original post by ElChapo
That was graphic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you loved it
Reply 992
(1)u dont know how OCD works do you?

(2)how can i resolve my OCD when it came at the wrong time,?

(3)and by the way my OCD had only started last year, so how can i resolve that quickly?

(4)i have no control over when it came, it is unpredictable

(5)i am more then capable in doing everything in life and i can prove it

(2)(3)(4) You posted first that it was presently getting worse then in a reply to PQ that you could resolve it in time to attend University.

(5) You then shouldn't need OCD as an excuse for not doing well at A2

Sorry shouldn't have got into this discussion on this thread. Take care.
Reply 993
But you loved it

I bet you loved it.

Spoiler

Original post by hayleyhayley
Ah. I just hedged my bets and went for a uni I'll be able to get into for mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did I, but now I'm worrying if I'll even get into my insurance!
I'm predicted A*A*AA and I need BBC for my insurance and I still don't think I'll manage, fml!
Reply 995
Anyone in here sits for CIE exam board?
Reply 996
Original post by zerefree
Anyone in here sits for CIE exam board?

Who the hell are they?
Reply 997
Original post by awkwardusername
So did I, but now I'm worrying if I'll even get into my insurance!
I'm predicted A*A*AA and I need BBC for my insurance and I still don't think I'll manage, fml!

What's your firm?
Reply 998
Original post by kate113855
Mate I'm expecting AAA, who even are you?

Most overqualified Lincoln candidate ever.

I am the alpha and the omega, the unrivaled absolute, the tacit but apparent truth. I am greatness personified. Bow down before me.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HPAG
(2)(3)(4) You posted first that it was presently getting worse then in a reply to PQ that you could resolve it in time to attend University.

(5) You then shouldn't need OCD as an excuse for not doing well at A2

Sorry shouldn't have got into this discussion on this thread. Take care.

what i meant by resolve was, that i could manage the OCD with therapy by the time i attend universit....obviously i cant eliminate OCD entirely that quick....but managing it will surely help me in life..and definitely perform best at uni...

and why wont i need an exucse for ocd? why dont u go ask and look at other OCD sufferers who had their lives and education affected

Latest