The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TauMuon
What's your firm?

English at Manchester, yours?
Original post by awkwardusername
So did I, but now I'm worrying if I'll even get into my insurance!
I'm predicted A*A*AA and I need BBC for my insurance and I still don't think I'll manage, fml!

Now, that truly is embarrassing.
Original post by Padouken
Now, that truly is embarrassing.

I know :frown:
Am i the only one who goes on youtube and looks at old videos of past A level results days?

That's how i seem to be spending my nights lately.... ahhhh can't it just hurry up already!! :s-smilie:
Original post by OMGitsMYmum
Am i the only one who goes on youtube and looks at old videos of past A level results days?

That's how i seem to be spending my nights lately.... ahhhh can't it just hurry up already!! :s-smilie:

Ahah! No, I too thought I was the only one. I guess not lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's leave his OCD alone unless you wanna help now, this might be construed as cyber bullying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only a week to go. Feel a little bit worried about not exceeding my offer grades, but hopefully everything will be just fine.
I;m spending all my time researching possible clearing options :P
& watching movies.

It's scary how close it is now O.O
Original post by AhmedDavid
Just wanted to know from you guys, what University would you firm out of

. Imperial College London
. Kings College London

For medicine? :biggrin:

If you just finished your AS levels, it might be a bit early to make such predictions. Whilst they are fair entrance tests, BMAT might go horribly wrong, and same for the UKCAT. To get offers from both, you'd need to put in an awful lot of hard work, plus a dash of luck for interviews.

Anyway. If you do get offers from both - research, research, research. Compare course length (6 vs 5 years), course structure, accommodation costs, placement hospitals, societies. Also, look at the conditions of the offers. If Imperial, for example (because I don't know), is A*AA, and King's is AAA, you'd probably firm Imperial and put King's as insurance.
Reply 1009
Already over 1030 posts in just two days, the rate of posts is bound to increase, so there might be a need for a third thread haha
Hello,

I'd like to know if our universities will email us on results day about whether or not we got in?

I'm in doubt and would be more comforted by them telling me first than looking at my results (crazy I know)..

Thanks!
Original post by JENG
if you were to get an email on Monday regarding accommodation details or something then surely that means you've been accepted by that UNI -------right?:confused:

Lol, I can tell you're trying to convince yourself :smile:

I would say don't get your hopes up, just incase they get trampled, stomped, spat on and absolutely crushed. Your best bet would be just to hold out until Thursday.
Original post by holsjols
Hello,

I'd like to know if our universities will email us on results day about whether or not we got in?

I'm in doubt and would be more comforted by them telling me first than looking at my results (crazy I know)..

Thanks!

If you log onto UCAS at like 8am on thursday, they should notify whether or not you got into your firm or insurance.

That's what im planning to do :colone: . .... no way im waiting
Original post by awkwardusername
So did I, but now I'm worrying if I'll even get into my insurance!
I'm predicted A*A*AA and I need BBC for my insurance and I still don't think I'll manage, fml!

Wow, freaky genius! What's your first choice?
Reply 1014
Original post by Jayqwe
Already over 1030 posts in just two days, the rate of posts is bound to increase, so there might be a need for a third thread haha

Yep pretty sure we're gonna hit a 3rd thread

How many pages approx is it for a full thread?
Original post by holsjols
Hello,

Thanks!

In other forums I go to, people are less kind to people like this who do not make use of the search function for questions asked 200 times over... Why is that not the case here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Divergent
I;m spending all my time researching possible clearing options :P
& watching movies.

It's scary how close it is now O.O

7 days still feels far away to me though. I just want to know now so I can finally move forward .

I guess the last few days drags when all you have to do is sit and wonder whether which becomes a reality:dreams or nightmares :s-smilie:
Opening your results with all of the pretentious ***** around you, oinking and snorting over their A*s , is so much more of a thrill. I can't believe people check track first; where's the fun in that?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by limesorbet
Ahah! No, I too thought I was the only one. I guess not lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank god, but I know full well that this is a very unhealthy habbit lol.

but i cant help myself.... :frown:
Original post by hayleyhayley
Wow, freaky genius! What's your first choice?

Hahahaha I'm clever, I'll admit that, but I never actually do well in exams cause I get REALLY stressy, half the time I start crying before I've even gone in the exam room! :')
English at Manchester, what's yours? :smile:

Latest