The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheesePuffff
Two weeks today!! :/ :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meep!
Reply 2081
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
oh GOOD CHOICE! hve u prepared yet? and what do u aspire to beeeeee?

Prepared as in reading the course specification and materials, nope! But I think I am mentally prepared. You?
Tbh, I have no idea, maybe teaching or a business route. Yourself?
Original post by Tibbz2
Ah, a sensible thing to do then :smile:

You have more willpower than me that's for sure! :colondollar: Then again all I use them for is chatting to close friends, the rest of it I just ignore now!

haha wish I would have got my friends numbers before I removed it though :lol: gotta wait till I see them now :rolleyes:
2 weeks omg omg omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2084
Original post by HeyThereHarry
2 weeks omg omg omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 weeks seems so long but i hope it just goes really fast because i can't wait any longer
A week until a level results, my brother is picking his up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2086
Is anyone here, thinking of taking Economics at Uni? if so what subjects are you picking for A-level and what uni's are you looking at? I'm doing Economics, History, Maths and Politics
2 weeks left. How are you guys gonna open your results. Straight away or infront of people in private after you've gone home or go out with your friends to a take away or whatever and open it there. What time is everyone going to their school
Original post by Aneesah_May
2 weeks left. How are you guys gonna open your results. Straight away or infront of people in private after you've gone home or go out with your friends to a take away or whatever and open it there. What time is everyone going to their school

I don't know if I should look on the system at 8am or wait for the paper copy that I'll get when I go into school...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2089
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm waiting for results in AQA Geography,AQA Additional Science,Edexcel RE,AQA French,AQA Maths,AQA Further Maths IGCSE,PE Double BTEC,OCR Nationals Double in ICT and OCR Nationals Double in Business.Although,I'm 99.9999% certain I've got Distinctions in Business and ICT worth(A*A*AA).I achieved all of the tasks in PE but I feel that my teacher might have been a bit slack.The exam result that I'm most worried about is Geography because the exam went really bad, even questions that were reasonable I thought I answered badly so I'm pretty sure I'll only get an A.I'm also very worried about French and believe that I will be close to the A/A* because the Listening was awful and I'm slightly worried about RE because I only got 90% in Unit 1 but the exam went very well.However, because I got 90 UMS and 91 UMS in P2 and C2 and 44/50 which should be 100 UMS in the ISA I am very confident about Additional Science and B2 went very well.I messed up one question on the Maths Unit 3 but I should still definetly get an A* in the unit and I am already on 179/180 so a definite A* there considering most questions my teacher went through and the same for Further Maths but with the difference being that I'm pretty sure I have got an A* with distinction for it(A^) because I only seem to have appeared to make one mistake+harsh marking on the written proof questions.

Hey, it looks you're confident that you're going to do well and there is nothing wrong with that. However, it comes across as bragging... which is a little insensitive to those not so confident (not hating by any means but stating what I think)
Also, I hope this doesn't sound bitchy, but OCR Nationals are not equalivent to GCSE A*or A:biggrin:
Reply 2090
Original post by usycool1
6am probably

Oh that's pointless then, might as well get those results with the rest of them
Reply 2091
lol the amount of people who brag on this thread

I'm going to slink away into a corner, open them, realise I've failed everything and go live in a bin forever. I wouldn't dream of showing my friends because they're only interested in what I got to show off the fact that they got better results hahaa sorry but it's true :') I've been counting down for this since day 70! I have to be up to go get mine between 11-12 ergh:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school opens at 10, so I'm going to try and get there on time! My friends want a 'no discussion' results day, meaning that we probably won't do anything after :frown:

I think I might just read it in school in private, in case I want to request for a remark or anything, and then run home and take my results in :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jatz07
well, I'm going to wait until my friends have opened their results... then I will open mine in front of them... then go out for a meal to hopefully celebrate... wbu??

10am - 12pm

Jatz

I havent got the faintest idea. We aint been told what time we need to be there and ill probably open it straight away as soon as the envelope enters my hand but idk if I should read it on the way home...I mean go home straight as or stick around with my friends. My results would be good but its just the odd couple if I get the results I want. Like science and history could be an A or A* I knw im lame but I really want the A*. Haven't got the foggiest idea what ill get in english language so that will be intetesting and the same goes for art my teacher also said that im a difficult one lol
Original post by CarpeFilia
I'm going to slink away into a corner, open them, realise I've failed everything and go live in a bin forever. I wouldn't dream of showing my friends because they're only interested in what I got to show off the fact that they got better results hahaa sorry but it's true :') I've been counting down for this since day 70! I have to be up to go get mine between 11-12 ergh:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, how are they your friends then? Surely you should open your eyes to see what's going on.
Original post by elixirs
Hey, it looks you're confident that you're going to do well and there is nothing wrong with that. However, it comes across as bragging... which is a little insensitive to those not so confident (not hating by any means but stating what I think)
Also, I hope this doesn't sound bitchy, but OCR Nationals are not equalivent to GCSE A*or A:biggrin:

He is bragging, he's a show off and an attention seeker. Bragging is a bad trait, don't think you can get into a certain job/university with just results, you will be interviewed meaning they probably won't have you if you carry on like that!
The college I'm at is open from 9am. So my plan is to get there whilst it's quiet for say 8:45-8:50am (as I can't stand crowds and/or loud noise), wait outside for a bit and then go inside, collect my results and ask if I can open them in a room with just me by myself. If I pass, I'll then tell mum and my tutors what I have got whilst being excited. Then go out for a celebratory meal with close friends in the evening who have been there to support me. If I don't pass then I'll probably just break down, tell mum and my tutors then stay at home all day being upset.
My school opens at 10 so I will probably be there soon after that. I don't think I will have a choice but to open them in front of my friends because I would feel awkward being the only one not to, but I know one friend is going to rub it in my face SO hard that she's done better than me, as always. :/ Also, not doing anything after because we have to go and enrol straight after, but my friend is having a party on the saturday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school only lets year 10's get there results at 11 whereas the year above get them at 10 ! and I'm planning on opening them there and if I don't do well then I can always let the teachers know that I want to resit. And after we get my results, I am going to have a picnic with my friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest