The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tanisha97
My school only lets year 10's get there results at 11 whereas the year above get them at 10 ! and I'm planning on opening them there and if I don't do well then I can always let the teachers know that I want to resit. And after we get my results, I am going to have a picnic with my friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you want a specific person to read your post make sure you quote their last post :h:
Original post by techno836
if you want a specific person to read your post make sure you quote their last post :h:

Sorry :frown: I'm new here and i couldn't find the question posted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2102
Hi, is anyone here doing Applied Art or AQA Business Studies next year?
Reply 2103
I'm really nervous because some people in my year are destined to get all A*s and I know I will get compared to them which is totally humiliating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ani97
I'm really nervous because some people in my year are destined to get all A*s and I know I will get compared to them which is totally humiliating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But being one of the more highly achieving students isn't easy either... Everybody expects that we'll just automatically do really really well, putting sooooo much pressure on us! What if I don't do as well as my friends and teachers think I will?! Aaaaaarghh so stressful.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine :smile:
Original post by Techstar100
Well, how are they your friends then? Surely you should open your eyes to see what's going on.

They are my friends, but they're all really competitive academically if you know what I mean? They're always there for me but if they get a better grade than someone then they won't hesitate to flaunt it, sadly pretty much everyone in my school is like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanisha97
Sorry :frown: I'm new here and i couldn't find the question posted

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's okay :smile: it was only a tip to make sure the other person sees it :h:
My school didn't tell us that it was our official GCSE maths exam so I didn't revise thinking it was another mock (we so so many of them and I couldn't care less about maths because as long as I get my B I'm good) and a few weeks later I'd found out it was the real thing so I'm not expecting anything great haha, as for German and food technology, I got an A in my coursework for food so hopefully I might end up with an A/B and in German I'm probably getting an A/B too so all in all I think that's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarpeFilia
My school didn't tell us that it was our official GCSE maths exam so I didn't revise thinking it was another mock (we so so many of them and I couldn't care less about maths because as long as I get my B I'm good) and a few weeks later I'd found out it was the real thing so I'm not expecting anything great haha, as for German and food technology, I got an A in my coursework for food so hopefully I might end up with an A/B and in German I'm probably getting an A/B too so all in all I think that's okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard some schools do that to try and help 'remove the pressure' off the students :/
I've heard some schools do that to try and help 'remove the pressure' off the students :/

"Remove the pressure" by making us fail haha:') schools;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2110
Original post by Techstar100
He is bragging, he's a show off and an attention seeker. Bragging is a bad trait, don't think you can get into a certain job/university with just results, you will be interviewed meaning they probably won't have you if you carry on like that!

Exactly, there is no place for it! (as well as on this thread!)
Original post by CarpeFilia
"Remove the pressure" by making us fail haha:') schools;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile

iknow right! I don't believe in it, I don't think its entirely fair or fair on the students......... but all school care about are league tables :rolleyes:
Original post by elixirs
Hey, it looks you're confident that you're going to do well and there is nothing wrong with that. However, it comes across as bragging... which is a little insensitive to those not so confident (not hating by any means but stating what I think)
Also, I hope this doesn't sound bitchy, but OCR Nationals are not equalivent to GCSE A*or A:biggrin:

that's just dalek in general .... you seen his Gems?? :lol:

and aren't they really? I mean I know they shouldn't be, kinda like BTEC dance or BTEC music shouldn't be equivalent to GCSE Music.. but yet they are :fuhrer: :rolleyes:
Original post by dstunr
Is anyone here, thinking of taking Economics at Uni? if so what subjects are you picking for A-level and what uni's are you looking at? I'm doing Economics, History, Maths and Politics
I'm thinking of doing it and next year I'll be taking economics, maths, further maths, mandarin and English lit. I quite like warwick, LSE and Cambridge but obviously they're some of the most competitive universities for economics so my other 2 choices will be some less difficult universities to get into aha :colondollar:
iknow right! I don't believe in it, I don't think its entirely fair or fair on the students......... but all school care about are league tables :rolleyes:

I'm new to TSR but I would just like to say I know where your coming from!! Our school kept telling us that they needed to get more than 80% A* - C. That's all they care about!! :s-smilie:
Reply 2115
that's just dalek in general .... you seen his Gems?? :lol:

and aren't they really? I mean I know they shouldn't be, kinda like BTEC dance or BTEC music shouldn't be equivalent to GCSE Music.. but yet they are :fuhrer: :rolleyes:

THE DALEK REFERENCE:clap2:

Nope! They're recognized as a fit substitute , however are not equalivent. A UCL rep came to our school and he said that when stating your GCSEs on your application you indicate a distinction through 'D' and a distinction* through a 'D*'

Odd eh!
Original post by ToolsOfTheTrade
I'm new to TSR but I would just like to say I know where your coming from!! Our school kept telling us that they needed to get more than 80% A* - C. That's all they care about!! :s-smilie:

I know that all my school cares about -.- at the end of the year they made everybody who had like 3 or 4 GCSEs A*-C ( and they were quite a few!) they took thme out of their science lessons to do this crappy like skills BTEC or something that was at like year 5 level...just to get them an extra 2 Cs ..... 2 Cs !!!!!!!!! :fuhrer:

Original post by elixirs

Nope! They're recognized as a fit substitute , however are not equalivent. A UCL rep came to our school and he said that when stating your GCSEs on your application you indicate a distinction through 'D' and a distinction* through a 'D*'

Odd eh!

oh he is very proud of those gems :lol: also you'll notice he often seems to talk like this

afgaGAsdfrgdkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakjgbFVLIwgbev vlGLEFighwefl vgqwIWLFawsGSILFAg figuilesl\fge iuge feli\k.;eaiuegdfksag flowis hello OWIEEFG LA\SIG A\SLEFG \AWI F;AEOGHF ;OEGHEF ;\GB \;DSFHG ASFHG\ ODES\GFASFHHHHHH HHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhho;sd g;osdghdf jh fhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhdkjs;haowsieghe; \s;ogih s;soih fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NO CLEAR SEPARATION! --- Makes it so 'unwantable' to read

oh I never knew I but my BTEC's down as A*s still but perhaps I should now change my IT :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
How'd everyone find Edexcel French?
Original post by elixirs

Odd eh!

That D doesn't mean it's equivalent to a D at GCSE though, it's just to indicate a distinction. *Generally speaking*, a distinction is *very roughly* comparable to an A at gcse, a merit is like a B and a pass is like a C. In some BTEC qualifications it's possible to get a 'distinction star' which is equivalent to an A*...

But do note that as they're separate qualifications they really can't be compared accurately :tongue:
I know that all my school cares about -.- at the end of the year they made everybody who had like 3 or 4 GCSEs A*-C ( and they were quite a few!) they took thme out of their science lessons to do this crappy like skills BTEC or something that was at like year 5 level...just to get them an extra 2 Cs ..... 2 Cs !!!!!!!!! :fuhrer:

oh he is very proud of those gems :lol: also you'll notice he often seems to talk like this

afgaGAsdfrgdkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakjgbFVLIwgbev vlGLEFighwefl vgqwIWLFawsGSILFAg figuilesl\fge iuge feli\k.;eaiuegdfksag flowis hello OWIEEFG LA\SIG A\SLEFG \AWI F;AEOGHF ;OEGHEF ;\GB \;DSFHG ASFHG\ ODES\GFASFHHHHHH HHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhho;sd g;osdghdf jh fhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhdkjs;haowsieghe; \s;ogih s;soih fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NO CLEAR SEPARATION! --- Makes it so 'unwantable' to read

oh I never knew I but my BTEC's down as A*s still but perhaps I should now change my IT :lol:

in fairness the massive paragraph thing could just be because of the site itself. My enter button hasn't been working on here for yonks hence how there are no spaces in this :colondollar: other than that though he is unbelievably cocky:rolleyes:

Latest