The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Yes I am looking forward to getting tomorrow out of the way and knowing a bit more about it all.
Original post by Margaret88
Hi guys,

Has anyone on here applied for Berkshire area or will be studying in High Wycombe University?

I will be! Got an email today at last! :smile:
Original post by takemethere
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. They either have to decline their place now or have problems with their references. I think if people drop out closer to January the places just won't be filled. It's a shame because I think people will definitely drop out before January but not now, which means us poor reserves will miss out :frown:

Congratulations on getting a place and good luck!

I got a place today was on the reserve for Berkshire...there is hope :smile:)
Reply 523
That's good to hear Cheryl! Well done. I'm on the reserve list for the South East London Borough. Is anyone else? I was gutted to only get on reserve list but trying to be hopeful I might hear something. Do you know how reserve lists work? Are they in order of preference etc?
Been to informal interview today after been told by penna that I had got a place off reserve. Only to be told once I got there that penna have been informing everyone wrong and that the LA meets you and interviews so many people then makes their decision, and that penna should not have told people they have got on. Hopefully it is not like this for a lot of people who like me got their hopes up! So waiting game again. Apparently penna have messed a lot of things up along the way for a lot of people.
Reply 525
Have you heard anything today?
Original post by rwalker
Have you heard anything today?

No, have you? Quite worried now. Roller coaster of emotions! One minute we've got it but on reserve, then got a substitute, then not/wait to see!
Reply 527
No not yet, it's so frustrating and disappointing.
Original post by cheryltucker19
I will be! Got an email today at last! :smile:

Hey Cheryl,

Which day was your assessment day? Just wondering if we have met.

I got my reply such a long time ago and heard nothing back since signing my contact I'm starting to think they have forgotten about me lol
Does anyone have an offer from Cheshire west and chester? I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to access the welcome day information on the training email we were sent recently? I can't deem to get the hyperlinks to work :confused:
I received an offer from greater Manchester but haven't signed anything and haven't heard anything else since! Has anyone else heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Margaret88
Hey Cheryl,

Which day was your assessment day? Just wondering if we have met.

I got my reply such a long time ago and heard nothing back since signing my contact I'm starting to think they have forgotten about me lol

I was on the 27th June, I'm sure they haven't forgotten you! I only heard on Monday I was a reserve so I'm guessing someone only just responded!
I was on the 27th June, I'm sure they haven't forgotten you! I only heard on Monday I was a reserve so I'm guessing someone only just responded!

LOL I hope so!

I was there on the 27th also by the way, wearing a suit!
Reply 534
Original post by Rebecca100
I received an offer from greater Manchester but haven't signed anything and haven't heard anything else since! Has anyone else heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer from grtr manchester also, got a letter after phonecall but nothing since, seems like they are all running quite differently! I want to hear something though, I'm excited AMD it still doesn't feel real
Hi I've been offered a place through Learn Together Partnership for the Wirral. Just wondering if anyone else has and if they've heard anything since receiving the conditional offer email?
I got the place :smile: how have u got on Rebecca?
Reply 537
Congrats to everyone that has got a place so far!

It has definately been an emotional rollercoaster. I got told i was on the reserve list and last week got a call asking if I wanted to be considered for Lancashire council. I said yes and now they have sent me an email inviting me to an 'short' interview.

No idea what to expect! Quite nervous.

Anybody else in the same boat??
Reply 538
Original post by tracey1987
Hi I've been offered a place through Learn Together Partnership for the Wirral. Just wondering if anyone else has and if they've heard anything since receiving the conditional offer email?

Hi Tracey, I have a place with the LTP based at St Helens. I received an e-mail today outlining some of the details such as start date, how the bursary will be paid etc. I have also had contact with St Helens so all seems to be going well so far. Hope you have heard something.

I presume we will all be at Uni together so it will be good to meet everyone and to see if anyone from my interview day made to through too.
Original post by SR-Ali
Congrats to everyone that has got a place so far!

It has definately been an emotional rollercoaster. I got told i was on the reserve list and last week got a call asking if I wanted to be considered for Lancashire council. I said yes and now they have sent me an email inviting me to an 'short' interview.

No idea what to expect! Quite nervous.

Anybody else in the same boat??

Hi, I have been to one of these and have just got a place. Basically the council get given so many reserve applicants if they have spaces (highest scoring i think) and they want to meet you face to face and check the course is right for you and that you definitely want it and understand what it involves, I.e, relocating, travel, costs, workload etc, well that's what mine was. Then they contacted me/everyone to say whether or not I/everyone else were to be offered a place. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending