The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
in fairness the massive paragraph thing could just be because of the site itself. My enter button hasn't been working on here for yonks hence how there are no spaces in this :colondollar: other than that though he is unbelievably cocky:rolleyes:

He's done it and been like it since I first come on here over a year ago :lol:
Reply 2121
Original post by techno836
I know that all my school cares about -.- at the end of the year they made everybody who had like 3 or 4 GCSEs A*-C ( and they were quite a few!) they took thme out of their science lessons to do this crappy like skills BTEC or something that was at like year 5 level...just to get them an extra 2 Cs ..... 2 Cs !!!!!!!!! :fuhrer:

oh he is very proud of those gems :lol: also you'll notice he often seems to talk like this

afgaGAsdfrgdkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakjgbFVLIwgbev vlGLEFighwefl vgqwIWLFawsGSILFAg figuilesl\fge iuge feli\k.;eaiuegdfksag flowis hello OWIEEFG LA\SIG A\SLEFG \AWI F;AEOGHF ;OEGHEF ;\GB \;DSFHG ASFHG\ ODES\GFASFHHHHHH HHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhho;sd g;osdghdf jh fhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhdkjs;haowsieghe; \s;ogih s;soih fhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NO CLEAR SEPARATION! --- Makes it so 'unwantable' to read

oh I never knew I but my BTEC's down as A*s still but perhaps I should now change my IT :lol:

Oh for sure:rolleyes: who cares if their red? when you've got loads!!!

I was just surfing the thread, then 2 negs caught my eye and I read it to see why! Ah I know right, I kinda read it in a 'running out of breath' voice (expected, after bragging so much):u:

Ah sorry to break it to you, but yours is better than mine... I did ICT in year 9 and managed a pass (prepared to ditch it though, ppsst what ICT BTEC?):colondollar:
Original post by ToolsOfTheTrade
I'm new to TSR but I would just like to say I know where your coming from!! Our school kept telling us that they needed to get more than 80% A* - C. That's all they care about!! :s-smilie:

There are many teachers at my school who pretend to care about our education but in reality are only interested in meeting their targets... It's rubbish really. But then there are some genuine teachers who actually are nice and do care about our achievements :smile:
Reply 2123
Original post by HeyThereHarry
That D doesn't mean it's equivalent to a D at GCSE though, it's just to indicate a distinction. *Generally speaking*, a distinction is *very roughly* comparable to an A at gcse, a merit is like a B and a pass is like a C. In some BTEC qualifications it's possible to get a 'distinction star' which is equivalent to an A*...

But do note that as they're separate qualifications they really can't be compared accurately :tongue:

Oh no, the D is just an indication of a distinction in a qualification which is not GCSE:smile:
I'm sure there are some BTECs which are comparable through topic and awarding. However, subjects like Science and ICT are a definite nono after having done them in Year 9 myself, it was mindless copying truthfully!

Yep, exactly:tongue:
Original post by elixirs
Oh for sure:rolleyes: who cares if their red? when you've got loads!!!

I was just surfing the thread, then 2 negs caught my eye and I read it to see why! Ah I know right, I kinda read it in a 'running out of breath' voice (expected, after bragging so much):u:

Ah sorry to break it to you, but yours is better than mine... I did ICT in year 9 and managed a pass (prepared to ditch it though, ppsst what ICT BTEC?):colondollar:

haha it just makes it seem harder to read haha :smile:

I did my ICT nationals in year 8 and 9 ...I should have finished with 3 A's! (well you know not equivalent but yeah) but instead my IT teacher lost/removed/deleted my whole classes unit so I now I have 2B's .. then she tried making us RE-do it all in a month or 2 and none of us did as we had this other teacher who didn't think it was right and let us play on games and that :biggrin:

I also hate when people leave school and say they got like 6 A*s .... all 6 of which are Health and Social care BTEC !!! its completely ridiculous -.-
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2125
haha it just makes it seem harder to read haha :smile:

I did my ICT nationals in year 8 and 9 ...I should have finished with 3 A's! (well you know not equivalent but yeah) but instead my IT teacher lost/removed/deleted my whole classes unit so I now I have 2B's .. then she tried making us RE-do it all in a month or 2 and none of us did as we had this other teacher who didn't think it was right and let us play on games and that :biggrin:

Agh that's annoying, ICT teachers have that reputation:wink: but I guess it's still alright having done them in year 8/9! Our was a last minute cram after a year of a dreadful teacher. Though, to this day I forget about it as a qualification, it does me no favours:unimpressed:

Exactly!!! This is why I had to calmy tell Mr Dalek that he was not getting A*A*A!
A common one in our school is Business Studies, "i'm getting 4 GCSEs" oh really? for copying and pasting?!?:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by elixirs
Agh that's annoying, ICT teachers have that reputation:wink: but I guess it's still alright having done them in year 8/9! Our was a last minute cram after a year of a dreadful teacher. Though, to this day I forget about it as a qualification, it does me no favours:unimpressed:

hahai did an option AiDA in year 9 and spent a whole year doing these 1 or 2 Units ... and I don't have any results from it :s-smilie: :colondollar: so I have just discredited that .............. wasted an option though -.-
Reply 2127
hahai did an option AiDA in year 9 and spent a whole year doing these 1 or 2 Units ... and I don't have any results from it :s-smilie: :colondollar: so I have just discredited that .............. wasted an option though -.-

Ah, that's not fair!:frown: Did it affect your Year 10/11 options?
Original post by elixirs
Ah, that's not fair!:frown: Did it affect your Year 10/11 options?

no we do 6 1 year options, still a waste though :frown:
Reply 2129
no we do 6 1 year options, still a waste though :frown:

Agh:shifty:
What options did you do?
Original post by elixirs
Agh:shifty:
What options did you do?

History
AiDA stupid thing

Spanish
Human Health and Physiology

Duke of Edinburgh enrichment :smile:
Separate sciences ( had to pick if I wanted triple )
Reply 2131
History
AiDA stupid thing

Spanish
Human Health and Physiology

Duke of Edinburgh enrichment :smile:
Separate sciences ( had to pick if I wanted triple )

Nice, with that enrichment too:h:
Is DofE actually worth it? Never did it because I wasn't into camping, and it seemed kind of tedious.
Reply 2133
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Is DofE actually worth it? Never did it because I wasn't into camping, and it seemed kind of tedious.

It's good to talk about in interviews, and put on your CV!
Original post by elixirs
Nice, with that enrichment too:h:

thanks :smile: ive finished bronze and i'll be starting silver in September (when my teacher signs my stuff of :angry: stupid holidays ) after school this time though :smile:

I was going to do gold at university but im unsure yet. If you get gold you're guaranteed interview in any application apparently :smile:

Original post by xxxKINGxxx

I rather enjoyed it :smile: and its extremely good for your application well silver and gold are :smile: ( bronze not too much :wink: )
thanks :smile: ive finished bronze and i'll be starting silver in September (when my teacher signs my stuff of :angry: stupid holidays ) after school this time though :smile:

I was going to do gold at university but im unsure yet. If you get gold you're guaranteed interview in any application apparently :smile:

I rather enjoyed it :smile: and its extremely good for your application well silver and gold are :smile: ( bronze not too much :wink: )

How about the finances? Did you pay for the camping stuffs or rented it? That's the only thing that puts me off its a bit pricey considering I need to save up some cash to uni
Reply 2136

Ooooh nice and really? wow! well done:redface:
Original post by hs1var19
How about the finances? Did you pay for the camping stuffs or rented it? That's the only thing that puts me off its a bit pricey considering I need to save up some cash to uni

My dad has been camping before so I used his stuff :smile: My school provided the cooking things (trangeas) and fuel though, and tents if we wanted :smile: ( I took theres as it was lighter and still fit for me and my friend :smile: )
Original post by elixirs
Ooooh nice and really? wow! well done:redface:

thankyou :smile: I read somewhere that around half of Medical students will have the bronze award ... so I must upgrade to silver! :lol:
Original post by Georgiecat
I'm absolutely petrified about results day, mainly because I heard from my chemistry teacher that the A* boundaries are going to be higher this year, and I need A*s to do medicine. AAAAARGH *hides behind pillow*
Any other aspiring medics on here? :smile:

I am pretty sure 80% of TSR wants to do medicine...

Latest