The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

haha going to be the normal average person here, I need BBC for my course. Feeling quite nervous but hopefully I can pull it off :smile: Good luck to everyone else with their results!
Original post by Joshuam92
haha going to be the normal average person here, I need BBC for my course. Feeling quite nervous but hopefully I can pull it off :smile: Good luck to everyone else with their results!

Shouldn't you be finishing your degree... next year?
Reply 1122
Original post by krishkmistry
where?! You must tell me or link it to me!

If you want the other ones, they are near the end of Arseys unofficial mark schemes threads. If you need help finding them, I can for yo
I'm slowly starting to lose my ****. Hurry up next week -_-
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1124
Original post by Munrot07
Yeh I worry like that too. I'm always so worried about missing questions out so I always go through the paper twice and check every question I have answered and see if the marks add up to the total mark. If they do, then I have at least answered all the questions :P It doesn't help I do subjects which can be hard to tell how you have done. I do biology which is very picky about wording so I know i got at least 90% of answer right. If i worded them correctly and used the correct terms, i hope so, but thats where lots of people falter and I just tried my best. I wish we could get the results sooner to save all this worrying :frown:

Ah yes, that's another worry with biology - what you write may be correct but it may not be on the mark scheme (they change the mark scheme each year for standard questions that reappear to stop students learning them).

To make it worse, my teacher said that the examiners marking the biology scripts don't even have to know anything about biology! Apparently all you need to mark biology papers is to be a teacher of any subject. So whoever is marking your script might have no clue what any of the words mean so sometimes you can't paraphrase from the mark scheme. (on OCR anyway)
Original post by thers
Ah yes, that's another worry with biology - what you write may be correct but it may not be on the mark scheme (they change the mark scheme each year for standard questions that reappear to stop students learning them).

To make it worse, my teacher said that the examiners marking the biology scripts don't even have to know anything about biology! Apparently all you need to mark biology papers is to be a teacher of any subject. So whoever is marking your script might have no clue what any of the words mean so sometimes you can't paraphrase from the mark scheme. (on OCR anyway)

WHAT?! that is ridiculous, when for subjects like chemistry it is always chemistry teachers you do it. That is awful because the mark scheme isn't always perfect giving every option :/ wow
Original post by thers

Smells like bull****.
Reply 1127
Original post by Padouken
Smells like bull****.

I think it's true actually!
How are so many people confident?!?!! I am not confident... I am not confident at ALL, and I only need BBB!
(notgonnahappen) (whyohwhydidIscrewupAS)
Reply 1129
I had the same reaction when I heard it as well. However, thinking back now, it could be possible that my teacher was lying on purpose to advise us to make our answers more clear and concise. Also I doubt many history teachers will bother marking A level biology papers.
Reply 1130
Edexcel mark schemes have been released?

I don't know why I recall reading that somewhere..I didn't do any edexcel exams so I didn't pay too much attention

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1131
Do UCAS start processing results tomorrow?
Original post by Cwestby
I think it's true actually!

... avada kedavra!
The amount of food that will be consumed on Wed is going to be ridiculous!

I eat when I'm nervous :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't get the grades you need, but your firm still offers you the choice of an alternate course - what does that look like on track?
Reply 1135
... avada kedavra![/

Expelliarmus (it worked for potter)
Original post by jonny7bell
4 of them were resits. 2 were STEP. And the rest were the result of trying to do further maths in 1 year.

Ouch.

I did RS in one year, didn't even know what the essays were supposed to be like and only learnt half the course :biggrin:
i'm not just nervous for myself, i'm really nervous for my friends too.

I really want them to get in as well. I don't think I could really feel like celebrating next week if one of them was really upset :frown:

anyone else feel like this?
Track is going to crash isn't it? :redface:

Ah well, when I don't get in I can use the £400 I've saved for my Halls deposit to get royally pissed on Thursday! :beer::cheers:
Original post by lilmisssunshine13
i'm not just nervous for myself, i'm really nervous for my friends too.

I really want them to get in as well. I don't think I could really feel like celebrating next week if one of them was really upset :frown:

anyone else feel like this?

Yep, it's a real dilemma. If I didn't get in I wouldn't want them to stop celebrating - they'd sure as hell deserve it! - but I worry that I'd be insensitive if it were the other way around.

Latest