The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by techno836
thankyou :smile: I read somewhere that around half of Medical students will have the bronze award ... so I must upgrade to silver! :lol:

Oeer:eek:
Go for gold! :u:
Original post by BenAssirati
I am pretty sure 80% of TSR wants to do medicine...

I thought that I'd put out there that I am in the 20% that doesn't want to do medicine! I'm an aspiring MFL teacher :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is true :biggrin: and I am one of those 80% :biggrin: majority of TSR but Minority in the real world :woo:

Original post by elixirs
Oeer:eek:
Go for gold! :u:

I probably will but I can't get it in time before university (unless I did a gap year, but I don't want to do a gap year - takes long enough to do medicine anyway!) ... I have until I'm 24 so I will probably do it in my 3rd year at university :smile:

Haha! So true, and I love being in that 80%
Reply 2144
that is true :biggrin: and I am one of those 80% :biggrin: majority of TSR but Minority in the real world :woo:

I probably will but I can't get it in time before university (unless I did a gap year, but I don't want to do a gap year - takes long enough to do medicine anyway!) ... I have until I'm 24 so I will probably do it in my 3rd year at university :smile:

Ah I see you have it all figured out:tongue: Good luck!
:hat2:Hi everyone!!!

I was in this position last year and I just thought I'd say good luck to everyone :grin:, it will turn out better than you expect, honest :smile:
Original post by elixirs
Ah I see you have it all figured out:tongue: Good luck!

haha I had a lot of spare time last summer :lol:

saying that I have a lot of spare time this summer :frown:
Original post by smile:D
:hat2:Hi everyone!!!

I was in this position last year and I just thought I'd say good luck to everyone :grin:, it will turn out better than you expect, honest :smile:

thankyou :smile: and what about yourself ? are you prepared yours is only one week :smile:

I feel special as i'm not in the 80% i'm one of the other 20% that want to do engineering or education etc :biggrin:
My dad has been camping before so I used his stuff :smile: My school provided the cooking things (trangeas) and fuel though, and tents if we wanted :smile: ( I took theres as it was lighter and still fit for me and my friend :smile: )

If you don't mind me asking did you go to a grammar school? I'm going to a local sixth form and I do hope they provide the necessary stuff and support that you had. :smile: don't want to spend that much if it's just an extra curricular activity.

Where did you go for your expedition? I haven't tried doing the bronze since my sixth form only offers the silver award. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hs1var19
If you don't mind me asking did you go to a grammar school? I'm going to a local sixth form and I do hope they provide the necessary stuff and support that you had. :smile: don't want to spend that much if it's just an extra curricular activity.

Where did you go for your expedition? I haven't tried doing the bronze since my sixth form only offers the silver award. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no I go to a public school :smile: and i'm going to the same school for 6th form :smile:

yeah I know what you mean it can expensive on the DOfE website they have a kit list that is like 2 3 pages long and trust me you don't even need half of it! ... and its their recommended stuff and it seems very expensive :/

we went to just a local campsite for bronze, but we had to walk like a long way around to the site to make it at least 6 hours long :smile: For silver we are going into the peak district :biggrin:
thankyou :smile: and what about yourself ? are you prepared yours is only one week :smile:

Haha :crossedf:, I did do quite a bit of revision, so I hope it pays off but I'm so bad at judging this sort of thing :tongue:
Haha :crossedf:, I did do quite a bit of revision, so I hope it pays off but I'm so bad at judging this sort of thing :tongue:

haha well best of luck :biggrin: what results you waiting for ??

I've started learning and revising AS maths already :biggrin:
My motivation for pre-studying for a levels is dependant on my results.
haha well best of luck :biggrin: what results you waiting for ??

I've started learning and revising AS maths already :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: history, Geog, eng lit and french I still found igcse chemistry harder than all of these though, so it's all relative :smile:
Haha that's super keen, I've been doing quite a lot of extra reading (will be applying for history :biggrin:). Is there a subject you're worried about- there's always one :wink:
Thanks :smile: history, Geog, eng lit and french I still found igcse chemistry harder than all of these though, so it's all relative :smile:
Haha that's super keen, I've been doing quite a lot of extra reading (will be applying for history :biggrin:). Is there a subject you're worried about- there's always one :wink:

Oooo a historian :smile: and yes how did you know :wink: it is the old English lit and the Mardy examiner story :lol:
I'm not sure if the rest of you have already mentioned this - if so, sorry! I can either get the results online in the morning, or go into school and get them in paper then, or do both...? I don't know what to do! Feel like I should probably do it the 'traditional way' but if it all goes wrong I don't want to look like a complete idiot going into school with everyone comparing results...! Argh! I don't know what to do!
Reply 2157
How are c.as actually marked does anyone know? I know the teacher marks it but then what? :confused:
Oooo a historian :smile: and yes how did you know :wink: it is the old English lit and the Mardy examiner story :lol:

I'm sure it will turn out fine :smile: I was sure I had got a B in chemistry but came out with a high A in the end (it was my worst subject :tongue:) so I wouldn't worry about what you think you've done badly in :smile:
Original post by Maths0
How are c.as actually marked does anyone know? I know the teacher marks it but then what? :confused:

the exam board will ask for like a sample of 10 to check the teachers marking .. if its too extreme they ask for all the CAs and mark them themselves if its okay they accept the teachers marks and will then take them marks and convert them to UMS for your results slip :smile:

Latest