The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wah getting nervous! I really don't want to have to resit Geography next year but I have an awful feeling i'm going to have to.
Reply 1281
If anyone is planning to do pharmacy, what are your back up options if you don't get in other than resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by becky96
Is this as level germies? How'd you find it if so?

Yeah, not too bad actually worked pretty hard but not as much as the other three and pretty site I've got an A.
Reply 1283
Original post by dbhelix
Any CCEA people here :biggrin:

I'm CCEA - maths, further maths, physics and economics.
Original post by wontdeny
Yeah! All my mine are. AS French, Biology, English Lit and ICT

oh ICT how do you think you'll do?
Original post by dbhelix

ME!
Screw WJEC. All other exam boards release their grade boundaries a day before but we have to wait till results day to know. This really sucks because at least I could have spent wednesday calculating what I hope to get. So pissed right now. :mad:

Wish someone would do a prediction for the mathematics modules :frown:
Original post by joy_to_the_world
Screw WJEC. All other exam boards release their grade boundaries a day before but we have to wait till results day to know. This really sucks because at least I could have spent wednesday calculating what I hope to get. So pissed right now. :mad:

Wish someone would do a prediction for the mathematics module :frown:

For C4?:lol:

Well... June 2011 was easier than our paper... And an A* was 63/75 and an A was 56/75. A C was around 40 something.

If the rumours are true about the C being between 30-40 marks, I'd say an A at 55. 90 UMS is unpredictable but perhaps 60-65 UMS?

I hope it is like that ^ :rofl:
Original post by dbhelix

Yo, me! :smile:
Original post by ashleighscarlett
I did OCR Maths S1 & absolutely hated it! It was so different to all the past papers we had done :frown: how did you find it?

It was quite tough but hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than normal! :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
For C4?:lol:

Well... June 2011 was easier than our paper... And an A* was 63/75 and an A was 56/75. A C was around 40 something.

If the rumours are true about the C being between 30-40 marks, I'd say an A at 55. 90 UMS is unpredictable but perhaps 60-65 UMS?

I hope it is like that ^ :rofl:

The ironic thing is that i didn't find C4 too bad probably because i had access to june 2001 to june 2005 past papers and some of the question were taken from those papers.

However, silly mistakes may have cause me some marks which would be essential when it comes to UMS.

The grade boundaries i'd really love access to would be M2 because I think i may have ****ed up big time on that and this sucks because that was the exam i'd being most confident on but then the examiners thought they spice things up a little with a bloody cone question. :angry:
The ironic thing is that i didn't find C4 too bad probably because i had access to june 2001 to june 2005 past papers and some of the question were taken from those papers.

However, silly mistakes may have cause me some marks which would be essential when it comes to UMS.

The grade boundaries i'd really love access to would be M2 because I think i may have ****ed up big time on that and this sucks because that was the exam i'd being most confident on but then the examiners thought they spice things up a little with a bloody cone question. :angry:

Content wise it was fine. I made loads of stupid arithmetic errors though... = 6 marks ish lost

+ vectors I couldn't do the intersections because I didn't know they wanted me to find them... = 4 marks

10 marks + gone!

Aaah, I heArd it was a difficult paper :redface:
Thank god A level results day isn't on the same day as GCSE results day, I can not bear a wait longer than another 6 days :tongue:
Are there any year 12s that are planning on keeping psychology (AQA A) to A2 next year?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Content wise it was fine. I made loads of stupid arithmetic errors though... = 6 marks ish lost

+ vectors I couldn't do the intersections because I didn't know they wanted me to find them... = 4 marks

10 marks + gone!

Aaah, I heArd it was a difficult paper :redface:

I would be happy if i'd only lost 10 marks but then i'm not aiming for A*s :wink:.

I reckon i got around 59/60.

And i'm glad people found M2 hard. Hopefully grade boundaries would be really lowered.

Did you do C1 this summer?
Original post by Alice:)
Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...:tongue:

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:

Me! I just needed to find somewhere lower and if it came to it i'd never go there..
Original post by Bobilina
Me! I just needed to find somewhere lower and if it came to it i'd never go there..

Exactly! I'm thinking of asking them to release me, just in case but...I like having a low backup offer xD
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Are there any year 12s that are planning on keeping psychology (AQA A) to A2 next year?

I am not doing AQA but I am doing psychology OCR and will be continuing it next year. Our topics are really interesting.

Forensic psychology, so the justice system and things

Health psychology, so I am guessing anything mental related as we cover phobias and schizophrenia
Original post by popnit
If anyone is planning to do pharmacy, what are your back up options if you don't get in other than resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol, nothing. Probably get a job for the year and then reapply :s-smilie:
I would be happy if i'd only lost 10 marks but then i'm not aiming for A*s :wink:.

I reckon i got around 59/60.

And i'm glad people found M2 hard. Hopefully grade boundaries would be really lowered.

Did you do C1 this summer?

What was your C3 score?

Yeah, a person who is quite smart said even he thought it was hard ish so :yy:

:nah: did C1 and M1 in January (wish I had M1 in June, such an easy paper) and C2-4 and S1 in the Summer:smile:

Latest