The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asdfgah
Not really sure what to do. Want to do stuff that other people think is Bad, but I think it would be better. Seems like I'm just hurting everyone I care about, and I'm not being selfless.. it's just so painful, all of this. I don't know how to just keep breathing. Don't know what I'm meant to do... is it better to listen to other people or do what I know is best for them and me?

remember that when you are feeling down it does affect your sense of what's best for you, I know when I get down I think really stupid/bad things are what's best, but trust me they really, really aren't, generally they are just things you will regret later on, especially when you feel a bit better, is there someone you can talk to about things maybe? just to rationalise the thoughts by getting them out can often help you see them more clearly and help you decide what's actually best rather than just what your head is telling you is best when you are vulnerable.
Reply 5681
Have a doctors appointment at 2 for a medical thing. But I feel like my day is a countdown to it. I got really stressed and upset about my body being broken last night.

I have no friends and I do know this but I tried to talk to people on fb etc anyway only to be ignored. I asked an ex could they come look after me and they were happier doing nothing than seeing me.

Sometime you just NEED a cuddle, some kind of physical contact and I just dont think i can cope anymore. I've pretty much been in isolation the entire summer and no its not cause i want to be here. I'm not turning down invites to self sabotage, there are no invites out.

I just need someone to be there.
Genuinely can you pay a carer just to be around. Like an OAP befriending service but for me?
Reply 5682
Original post by zonkfrog
Have a doctors appointment at 2 for a medical thing. But I feel like my day is a countdown to it. I got really stressed and upset about my body being broken last night.

I have no friends and I do know this but I tried to talk to people on fb etc anyway only to be ignored. I asked an ex could they come look after me and they were happier doing nothing than seeing me.

Sometime you just NEED a cuddle, some kind of physical contact and I just dont think i can cope anymore. I've pretty much been in isolation the entire summer and no its not cause i want to be here. I'm not turning down invites to self sabotage, there are no invites out.

Genuinely can you pay a carer just to be around. Like an OAP befriending service but for me?

Aw i can totally sympathise with the needing a hug thing. If i was there i'd hug you :^_^:

:hugs:

Try and pre-occupy yourself until just before the appointment. Go for a walk maybe?
Reply 5683
Original post by james1211
Aw i can totally sympathise with the needing a hug thing. If i was there i'd hug you :^_^:

Try and pre-occupy yourself until just before the appointment. Go for a walk

thank you.

Theres just so much horrid stuff going on and sometimes you just need a person. Even to just say 'you'll be ok' but when theres no one it just all builds and builds :frown:
Hey guys, how are you guys today? I'm still meh. At the moment preparing for appointment with therapist, but my mum is really pushing me to continue with my thesis. But I'm just so scared, have no confidence, don't know what the hell I'm supposed to write, want it to be just over and scrape a pass but at the same time that pisses me off because having good grades is one thing I have almost always worked for hard in life. I think part of the problem is for an exam you study and if you know it you know it, with thesis you can write but it's uncertain how the guy grading it will find it. Might suck might be good. I just want it to be over, then at least that pressure is lifted from me and I can try to sort out my life.

Not a happy person, and whenever there are really important things that affect me like that (thesis, finding an internship) I fall into depression. My dad said I should ask my therapist about medication. Scares me, never been on medication before, I don't even like taking paracetamol.

/rant.
Original post by danny111
Hey guys, how are you guys today? I'm still meh. At the moment preparing for appointment with therapist, but my mum is really pushing me to continue with my thesis. But I'm just so scared, have no confidence, don't know what the hell I'm supposed to write, want it to be just over and scrape a pass but at the same time that pisses me off because having good grades is one thing I have almost always worked for hard in life. I think part of the problem is for an exam you study and if you know it you know it, with thesis you can write but it's uncertain how the guy grading it will find it. Might suck might be good. I just want it to be over, then at least that pressure is lifted from me and I can try to sort out my life.

Not a happy person, and whenever there are really important things that affect me like that (thesis, finding an internship) I fall into depression. My dad said I should ask my therapist about medication. Scares me, never been on medication before, I don't even like taking paracetamol.

/rant.

How is the therapy going, do you feel like its helping you?

With the thesis, if you're stuck ask help from your peers or lecturers, they should point you in the right direction. When i don't know where to start, i just start somewhere; anywhere. Once there is something there i can expand on it and organise it later, maybe that would work for you :tongue:

Medication is just another thing that can help you, and there are a lot of types out there. Its a give and take, you may feel a lot happier but you may have trouble sleeping, for example. However i would rather have trouble sleeping but feel happier while Im awake. Its nothing to be afraid of, but i can understand why you might not want to.

Hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've felt very similar to a lot of the stuff you've said there. When i have anything that i have to do Im petrified until it's over, and its all i can think about until it passes.

I've also felt like I've needed a hug really bad multiple times in the past, i even thought about asking my therapist if i could have a hug, since there was no one else i thought i could. I didn't in the end, but.

You ain't alone with how you feel.
I would give ya a hug but i can't :/ just make sure you try your best to cope :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5687
I took a panic attack at the doctors. Was bright red almost in tears. :frown:
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's alright! Finally I'm able to log on after changing my password. I know a few people have quoted me but since I'm on my phone I can't reply back to everyone :/ sorry! So this is just a quick update as to how I'm doing.

I'm not doing all that great tbh. Struggling a lot with urges and this ED. I look at the food at meal time and its like I'm going to put on stones eating it.. Always have a member if staff sitting with me to make sure I finish.. I really hate it. It's making me very self-conscious of myself and I don't like that. Really struggling with SHE urges too. Just not in a good place. Don't really like group therapy at all so I just usually sit quietly. My psych is worried about me as is everyone aswell yet I'm in a safe place.

Anyways that's enough rambling!

Take care guys and :hugs: to everyone xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -FireFlies-
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's alright! Finally I'm able to log on after changing my password. I know a few people have quoted me but since I'm on my phone I can't reply back to everyone :/ sorry! So this is just a quick update as to how I'm doing.

I'm not doing all that great tbh. Struggling a lot with urges and this ED. I look at the food at meal time and its like I'm going to put on stones eating it.. Always have a member if staff sitting with me to make sure I finish.. I really hate it. It's making me very self-conscious of myself and I don't like that. Really struggling with SHE urges too. Just not in a good place. Don't really like group therapy at all so I just usually sit quietly. My psych is worried about me as is everyone aswell yet I'm in a safe place.

Anyways that's enough rambling!

Take care guys and :hugs: to everyone xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the difference between group therapy and here? Is it the personal aspect of the former? I mean I can understand you, I don't like sharing either, but on here it is a bit more anonymous and ranting really helps :smile:
I took a panic attack at the doctors. Was bright red almost in tears. :frown:

been to the drs and it went better than expected. shes changed my meds after i showed her the list :woo:
now on fluoxetine due to EDish behaviour aswell as depression.
also got more antibiotics for acne
but they had to change the pill im on as the one i was on has been discontinued :eek:

so 2 new meds in one go will be fun.

Spoiler

dr was really good though, went over my timed slot, sorted meds out, looked at my list i wrote on my phone and didnt judge me, and it helped me SO much
Original post by SciFiRory

argh, thought I replied. So sorry :o: I'm OK, just sleeping and eating loads. So the same as always really :biggrin:

:ninja:
Reply 5693

Thanks. Was just so off putting as I tried to control it while talking to a doctor. Ugh.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
argh, thought I replied. So sorry :o: I'm OK, just sleeping and eating loads. So the same as always really :biggrin:

:ninja:

haha, that's okay, my life goes largely the same when my girlfriends not around! :redface:

---

okay day, slept through the night last night which was good but been tired all day anyway, hate being tired all the time but it seems my body doesn't want to feel awake :erm:
Original post by Meaty_man
How is the therapy going, do you feel like its helping you?

With the thesis, if you're stuck ask help from your peers or lecturers, they should point you in the right direction. When i don't know where to start, i just start somewhere; anywhere. Once there is something there i can expand on it and organise it later, maybe that would work for you :tongue:

Medication is just another thing that can help you, and there are a lot of types out there. Its a give and take, you may feel a lot happier but you may have trouble sleeping, for example. However i would rather have trouble sleeping but feel happier while Im awake. Its nothing to be afraid of, but i can understand why you might not want to.

Hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually spoke to him and he said he doesn't think they are necessary :smile: Well, they are helping and not. Not because overall I still have issues and don't think I will see an overall improvement of them any time soon. But helping in the sense that I actually enjoy going and talking about problems and I can see that we are going somewhere (slowly yes, but he does seem to have a goal in mind for one major problem and we discuss others too and talking about them helps). Plus it does help just talking about things. I like the guy, mum said you don't have to like your therapist, but I feel comfortable talking with him and that helps. I've told him a lot of stuff about myself I haven't told anyone else.

Thanks for your post!
Original post by SciFiRory
haha, that's okay, my life goes largely the same when my girlfriends not around! :redface:

---

okay day, slept through the night last night which was good but been tired all day anyway, hate being tired all the time but it seems my body doesn't want to feel awake :erm:

Do you do any sport? I find that after some time doing sport makes you feel more awake as a whole.
Reply 5697
urgh. someone remind me what im still doing? :cry2:
Do you do any sport? I find that after some time doing sport makes you feel more awake as a whole.

no, I am not so good at sports, combination of dyspraxia, being overweight and now super awful spatial awareness/co-ordination thanks to my ear issues, haha, unless the "sport" is chess or something I think it's a no go for me really!

I guess doing something might help though, right now I don't do much at all, got an appointment on Monday though so I guess getting out to that might help
Original post by Anonymous
no, I am not so good at sports, combination of dyspraxia, being overweight and now super awful spatial awareness/co-ordination thanks to my ear issues, haha, unless the "sport" is chess or something I think it's a no go for me really!

I guess doing something might help though, right now I don't do much at all, got an appointment on Monday though so I guess getting out to that might help

How about brisk walks, gradually building up to longer ones?

Yoga can be good to help improve co-ordination, though I appreciate if you don't feel comfortable doing it - especially going to a community group. Just putting it out there.

Latest