The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

first post in the new thread, hi everyone :hello:
5 days and something hours left, so soon!
is it just me that still feels pretty calm..i mean I dont think i've got the grades for uni but I don't feel stressed yet..:confused:
Original post by HiccupingDuck
Tell me about it!!! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way I see it, our future is being decided in 2/3 days time.. We just find out their decision in 6 :/ I mean, i'll freak out over the weekend then by like Tuesday i'll just stop and be like, it's done. :colone:
Original post by kingdoo
People doing or have done their personal statement how did it go? I am thinking that mine is awful although it does seem to show me. I have just done my first paragraph.

I'm writing mine at the moment, but it is definitely still in the drafting stages! I've found it helpful to make a huge plan, listing all the things I want to include in it e.g. why I want to study the subject, how my A levels relate and the skills they've taught me, extra reading and what I've learnt from it, lectures, work experience, gap year plans, EPQ, etc. :smile:
Although I'm currently waiting for my A2 results, so my university plans are a little more certain, whereas at AS I still wasn't sure which subject I was going to drop.
Original post by SophieGloria
I'm writing mine at the moment, but it is definitely still in the drafting stages! I've found it helpful to make a huge plan, listing all the things I want to include in it e.g. why I want to study the subject, how my A levels relate and the skills they've taught me, extra reading and what I've learnt from it, lectures, work experience, gap year plans, EPQ, etc. :smile:
Although I'm currently waiting for my A2 results, so my university plans are a little more certain, whereas at AS I still wasn't sure which subject I was going to drop.

Please don't write loads about how your A-Levels relate to the course - admissions tutors know how A-Levels relate to their course. They'd much rather hear why you want to study that subject and which aspects of it you enjoy.
Original post by wontdeny
It's the only one I'm still quite confident for an A in at this stage! It thought the paper was fair enough, but it did seem to have a lot of vague questions on it... Our teacher told us once that you usually only need around 90/120 to get 100 UMS on it though so it should be grand! The coursework is a killer though, never thought I'd see the back of it!

Yes I thought it was ok. But the coursework is worrying me, my teacher told us that the whole class had done really bad and that she expects no higher than C's. I'm thinking she was trying to terrify us.

I'm still worrying about my coursework at the back of my mind though as i'm not the best designer. It did take me ages especially the written one.
Original post by PythianLegume
Please don't write loads about how your A-Levels relate to the course - admissions tutors know how A-Levels relate to their course. They'd much rather hear why you want to study that subject and which aspects of it you enjoy.

Ooh that's interesting, thank you!
Original post by Kat12395
Yeah, exactly!:/ I'm (hopefully) doing Chemistry... I want to do Chemistry, anyway!:L &Yourself?

haha thats what i do aswell always put hopefully in case i jinx myself into being too confident that im going to uni. Im (hopefully) doing Arabic and Middle East Studies. Applied for catered - Holland Hall, Pennslyvania Court and Birks Grange Village. Would be happy with any one of them :smile:
Original post by SophieGloria

I've kinda done that written a list of what I want to include it is saying the things in a positive way. EPQ, Geography society (want to do geography), Open water diving license/course, National Citizen service, DOFE bronze, sliver and now gold. Volunteering, cooking, squash. Actually I done/doing a lot of extra things.:wink:
Reply 1388
Guys, should I complete my A-level math in jan 2014 or june 2014 , and please say why .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidM95
Anyone bought essentials for accomodation?
I'm refusing to until after results!

Same! I don't see the point of buying anything uni related until I know where I stand on results day. But it means i'll be rushing and I actually have no idea what I'm supposed to buy :/
Original post by kingdoo
I've kinda done that written a list of what I want to include it is saying the things in a positive way. EPQ, Geography society (want to do geography), Open water diving license/course, National Citizen service, DOFE bronze, sliver and now gold. Volunteering, cooking, squash. Actually I done/doing a lot of extra things.:wink:

Wow, you should be fine then! I'm sure that as long as you write all of that down in a concise, yet articulate manner, then your PS will be great. You'll probably sound positive and enthusiastic purely from having done so much. :smile:
If you want to pass time, you can learn to drive? My friends are doing their practical but I'm still studying for the theory test, which kinda keeps me occupied I guess xD
Is there an AS discussion thread?
Original post by PythianLegume
Track will change between 6 and 8am. The e-mail will not come until after 8am, and will congratulate you on your place, assuming you met the conditions. I suspect the subject/title might give it away, but I'm not sure if they send out 'commiserations' e-mails.

Okay, thank you very much. :smile: Am I right in thinking that unis don't always update UCAS in time for them to send an email in the morning? So not everybody will get an email, even if they've met their offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daaamn. People are already writing their personal statements? I didn't even know about the personal statement until my school told me about it, pretty much a month or so before the deadline.
Reply 1396
Do universities get our results one week earlier? or how much earlier? Because if thats the case i heard track may change as early as one week before results day for some. is this true? or are offers made on results day. otherwise im getting on track now!!
Anyone else just really bored of waiting now...
Time is passing far too slow so I have asked work to give me as many hours just to pass the time...
Original post by AserO.
Guys, should I complete my A-level math in jan 2014 or june 2014 , and please say why .

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are no A-Level exams in Jan 2014.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Is there an AS discussion thread?

This may as well be it - there's probably a Year 12 thread, though (not specifically about AS levels, but I imagine it's at the forefront of their minds).

Original post by kingdoo

Those things will look good, but remember that universities are very interested in why you want to study that subject - I always say 2/3 academic, 1/3 extra-curricular.

Latest