The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyLH
Quick question: When people say to ring the uni if they haven't rejected you and you slightly missed the offer, what number do you call?

I have been wondering the same time. When I tweeted my firm choice they simply told me to call them on their main contact time so I guess you can try calling them up on that number first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emah123
Anyone else worried they'll miss an AAA offer?

Yea. I might actually get a B in economics because I never took it seriously and only ever crammed. But I still think unit 4 went really well (global economics), despite the essay questions being a bit ugly. Then again, I might be completely deluded and wrote a whole load of inapplicable nonsense. For example, I got a darn C on unit 3 - probably deserved it, but yea, pretty nervous for econ.
Original post by emah123

I am so worried about missing my AAA offer like seriously worried!,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a chance ill have problems logging in at 8am on thursday because everyone will be? or does it not make a difference? Just wondering if i should log on before hand and keep refreshing so the system doesnt jam or be slow or anythink right on 8 ?

Also does anyone know if its just a simple button UCAS press so that every single applicant get their track updated at the same time
Original post by emah123

Very nervous I'll get a B for English Lit :redface:
Reply 1425
If you're worried about track updating, you can get an auto refresh extension for Chrome, you can even get it to make an audible alarm when the page changes. I used it once and it meant that I could leave my laptop on overnight, not worry about having to refresh the browser myself and go to bed. An alarm then goes off when the page changes, so you don't have to set an alarm yourself for 0600 then worry about it updating.

Just a small tip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 1426
Does anyone think aqa biol 5 grade boudaries will be really low? It was a very weird paper that would've catches a lot of people out
Tbh - I'd prefer to open my letter than use track; I won't be prepared for the potential blow in the early morning as soon as I wake up.
Original post by iamthestig
Very nervous I'll get a B for English Lit :redface:

if you dont want your B from English lit am more than happy to have it :smile:
Original post by kate_louise21
Is there a chance ill have problems logging in at 8am on thursday because everyone will be? or does it not make a difference? Just wondering if i should log on before hand and keep refreshing so the system doesnt jam or be slow or anythink right on 8 ?

Also does anyone know if its just a simple button UCAS press so that every single applicant get their track updated at the same time

UCAS say that their new website will be able to deal with many people logging on at the same time and not crash.

Some unis may not have made their decision, say if some people narrowly miss their requirement so some applicants' offers may remain conditional..so I'm guessing the answer is no.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone do AQA Chem5 here?
Original post by PythianLegume
I don't think track is closed during the morning, so how is this bypassing anything?

I think it's to check your results before everyone starts logging in and crashing Track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emah123

Extremely. Think I've got a B in Economics. Paper 3 was an absolute disaster.

Sort of - they reconnect it with the live system that universities have been updating all week.

But then they disconnect it again until around lunchtime to keep the system quick with all the logins.

So if your track is going to refresh then it'll be there when you can log in on thursday (they take track down overnight usually so you can't stay logged in to it) and then it wont change again until around lunchtime (so there's no point hitting refresh constantly all morning - go and get your results and then phone your unis if your track hasn't updated).
Original post by Miracle Day
I swear it loggs you out after 15 minutes?

That's what I thought! Christ, I don't know anything anymore tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullyy
how the **** you tare your peckk!!?????

I'm not 100% sure but mainly due to not sufficiently warming up and also a wider grip than what I was used to. It was only a minor tear so it didn't require surgery just a **** load of painkillers and therapy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1436
if you dont want your B from English lit am more than happy to have it :smile:

Just talked to Ofqual's senior adviser, turns out it's not possible for candidates to exchange grades. Sorry :redface:
Reply 1437
Does anyone know when the Universities get our results? Our fates will be determined then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm donating blood for the very first time on Monday.... This will give me something different to be terrified about for a change :laugh:
Reply 1439
Original post by Amz1217
Does anyone know when the Universities get our results? Our fates will be determined then...

Posted from TSR Mobile

tomorrow and sunday. ucas already have all our grades

Latest