The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Padouken
Not really. I'm probably going to get my butler to do all of that nonsense.

Damn. You should give it a go, I'm still on a bowl high.
Original post by when she was 22
Is anyone else a bit overly excited to start uni shopping? :redface: I bought some cute patterned bowls to take with me on a whim today cos they were in the sale and it got me all excited! I'm so excited to get all the rest of my stuff now. Even boring stuff like towels. I was looking at the towels and genuinely feeling excited.

Haha - I did this too! Went to IKEA yesterday and bought some plates and cutlery, and some really cute mugs :colondollar:
Original post by glbxx
Rosenhan, what a classic study! Oh, which reminds me, if you're using AS studies for G544 (I did, my teacher said it would be easiest) then make sure you keep revising them throughout the year :smile:
You do learn about lots of types of mental disorders, so things like psychotic disorders. You also learn about diagnosis, so about the ICD diagnostic manual in comparison with the DSM, and there is also a study about sex biases in diagnosis (how there is a tendency for doctors to diagnose based on gender rather than actual symptoms).
Dysfunctional behaviour is another big topic which is very similar to disorders. The two cross over a lot (we did the same studies both for treating disorders and for treating dysfunctional behaviour). There is also an emphasis on causes of mental disorders (either dysfunctional behaviour or disorders).
The final other topic we did was stress. This included studies on measuring stress, so using Likert scales etc, and causes of stress (things like lack of control). Even in this topic there were studies using participants with mental disorders. So the vast majority of studies use participants with some sort of mental disorder, but your job is to use the study in relation to treatment of stress or whatever other topic it has been put into (and ultimately manipulate the study in a way which will answer the question).
Hope that helps! If you feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of studies, just remember that everyone else is in the same boat :smile:

Cheers you have given me a good insight as to what the A level is going to be like. I will probably be able to keep up to date with the work as at GCSE's I had to do a lot of work in order to get good grades I got 2 A's 6B's and 1 C and since then I have just continued which is possibly why I found AS levels not that big of a jump compared to people who got A*'s and A's because I already knew how to revise and work.:cool:
Original post by Silcce
This story just made my day :colondollar:

Glad I could amuse you ^_^
Have to say it's one exam I shall never forget :P x
Who else gets their results late. I receive mine at 10:00am but I don't know if this is just for AS levels for for the A2's as well. I'd rather get them at like 8:00
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Haha - I did this too! Went to IKEA yesterday and bought some plates and cutlery, and some really cute mugs :colondollar:

Plates, mugs; plural? I think I pretty much just plan to have one of everything.
Original post by dragonkeeper999

I did this about a week and a half ago :smile:
It's exciting isn't it?
Costing me a fortune though - I didn't realise how much stuff cost XD
Does anyone else have to do Edexcel A2 Biology coursework over the holidays? (6BI06)
Original post by kingdoo
Who else gets their results late. I receive mine at 10:00am but I don't know if this is just for AS levels for for the A2's as well. I'd rather get them at like 8:00

9.30 I think for me (I'm hoping the school will remind us of the time :tongue: )

Some people get their's in the afternoon! :eek:
Original post by PythianLegume
Plates, mugs; plural? I think I pretty much just plan to have one of everything.

You need plural!
What happens if you don't want to wash up? :biggrin:
Or if you have people over?

IKEA isn't exactly royalty.

This.
Reply 1472
Original post by Tuya
Usually 3 days before. But your fate has probably already been decided, scripts have been marked.

They have been marked. But universities can decide to take you below the offer. That starts on sunday.
Original post by Divergent
You need plural!

I'll steal the crockery of the people I share a kitchen with if I have friends over. :colone:

It wasn't price, but space I was worrying about - you don't want to be taking loads of bags on the train.
9.30 I think for me (I'm hoping the school will remind us of the time :tongue: )

Some people get their's in the afternoon! :eek:

I still feel it is a bit late especially next year because my friend can get them as early as 6:00am as the school opens early on results day to get them prepared for clearing.
Original post by kingdoo

AS results are available from around 8:30AM at our school , i'm probably gonna rock up for like 9 ish though :tongue:
After results day I'll be spending a fortune to get ready for whichever university I'll be going to :redface:
Reply 1478
Original post by Divergent
You need plural!

I'm hoping to be at your first choice. Can I borrow yours ? :smile:
Someone better not ruin my pots and pans, otherwise I will be furious.

Latest