The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emah123
What do people think the grade boudaries or f324 and f325 will be like? Higher/lower that jan 2013? So worried!!

hoping for lower than jan for f325. if not lower then at least the same.
didnt do f324 though sorry!
Original post by I'manegg
If I completely fail, will anyone join me on the quest to become the worlds greatest comedian? Failing that, we can become con artists? Anyone?

I'm in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraw26
I think this is for the AS. Because at our sixthform AS students get theirs at 10:30am and A2 get theirs at around 6am. Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

6am? Lucky! I don't get mine till 9am. :frown:
starting to worry like mad, because i forgot how i did in my exams!:zomg:
Original post by saraw26
I think this is for the AS. Because at our sixthform AS students get theirs at 10:30am and A2 get theirs at around 6am. Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers. That is good for your school just checked the letter both AS and A level students get them at 10:00am but they just get them at completely different parts of the school.:confused:

Good luck to though as well
(edited 10 years ago)
I get my AS results at 8am, same time as A2 people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padouken
How are people using resultsplus? I thought it was a system exclusively made for teachers. We weren't given a password, username or anything.. Unfair :angry:

Nope, students can use it too. We're given a code and then make an account and we can access our results via that. And also my IGCSE results were already there too and I could see how many marks I got for each question, it's pretty good.
Original post by kingdoo
It is pointless for you to get results that late especially this year I feel sorry for my schools current year 13's as this is my sixth forms first time in getting A level results as it only opened last year.:eek:

How are they going to cope with clearing even though my sixth form is very supportive?

It is pretty silly considering it will probably give students in clearing a bit of a disadvantage :s-smilie: I've no idea, to be honest, I've heard next to nothing about clearing or results day at all from my college. My sixth form is the same - incredibly supportive and willing to do a lot for its students... just short of opening college early for results apparently haha.

edit: just found a letter I got and didn't read a few weeks ago hah, it opens at 10 this year. A bit better at least!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1508
What's all this about saucepans and pot? Cooking a meal to celebrate or something?
Some universities already have their clearing vacancies up and alot more will on monday. So it pretty much confirms that their decisions will be made by Monday. Why do they make us wait until the 15th if has already been decided?
Original post by Divergent
I know for fact I'm taking 2 cars down to my uni.
Then I'll probs come back up home the same day and then catch a train down with my last suitcase :smile:

That's a lot you're taking then! I'm just taking the big Sedona we have without any of the seats in so I can get everything in including my fridge :tongue:
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm going to say 4 of all eating things will be enough with 3 pans and 2 frying pans too?

You mean 4 plates, 4 bowls? That's clearly more than enough - imo, one is enough :tongue: . Also, 3 pans? I'm not sure I've ever seen my parents use 3 pans at once - what crazy gourmet dishes are you making? :eek:
Original post by I'manegg
If I completely fail, will anyone join me on the quest to become the worlds greatest comedian? Failing that, we can become con artists? Anyone?

Me! I definitely will. Sounds like a plan.
Do you guys not get your results in your college emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toya
Do you guys not get your results in your college emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, most people have to go into college.
Is clearing as easy as first come first serve? Is there not more to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if the boundaries change for drama, not sure whether it's A or B or whatever but it's the practical part not exam I'm wondering about, I was only 2 marks off a B and was just wondering if they might lower it by a measly 2 marks so I can get that B!!?
Original post by when she was 22
It is pretty silly considering it will probably give students in clearing a bit of a disadvantage :s-smilie: I've no idea, to be honest, I've heard next to nothing about clearing or results day at all from my college. My sixth form is the same - incredibly supportive and willing to do a lot for its students... just short of opening college early for results apparently haha.

edit: just found a letter I got and didn't read a few weeks ago hah, it opens at 10 this year. A bit better at least!

I may have to suggest something to them next year as they are slightly inexperienced I think as it is only their first year. Last year many failed AS's so I am slightly anxious again purely down to lack of experience and understanding about the difficulty. Good luck though hope we both get the grades we deserve.
Original post by ElChapo
Is clearing as easy as first come first serve? Is there not more to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, they don't let anyone in. I imagine their standards for letting people in decrease as clearing goes in, if they don't look like they will fill places. But primarily universities want to fill up, so basically it's first-come, first-serve. But like I say, they do have standards - they don't let any old fool in.
Oh and the exam board was AQA:smile:

Latest