The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Hopefully :smile: it sounds interesting enough.

Good luck for results day :smile:

cheers, you too.
what results you waiting for?
Reply 1601
Come to think of it my firm is my lowest offer :rofl:
Original post by EatRainbows_x
When you call them, what exactly are you ment to say?... Just beg them to take you?

Well, you should start off by explaining that you have missed your offer, despite that, however, your offer remains conditional. After this if the staff on the line do not direct you on what to do next, you can ask them to allow you to speak to an admissions tutor. Explain to him/her why they should pick you- a few extra things you may have left out when writing up your PS. Then you can ask when they expect to make a decision. And then you just have to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chignesh10
Where are you going uni

Loughborough, hopefully! And you?:')
Original post by lukeniknak
cheers, you too.
what results you waiting for?

Thank you :smile:

I'm waiting on biology, chemistry, maths and psychology, all AS. How about you?
Reply 1605
Original post by lillollystar
Just read this on my firm university website:

"Even if you do not get the grades we asked for, we won't automatically reject your application. Instead we'll review it again, paying particular attention to the personal statement, reference and past academic performance. You may, therefore, still be offered a place despite not having achieved the exact conditions required."

:ahee:

I frantically checked my firm uni's website just now to find anything like this..

with no success :cry2:
Original post by kevsamuel
Nope, students can use it too. We're given a code and then make an account and we can access our results via that. And also my IGCSE results were already there too and I could see how many marks I got for each question, it's pretty good.

How do you see the marks for each question, i couldnt find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Even if you do not get the grades we asked for, we won't automatically reject your application. Instead we'll review it again, paying particular attention to the personal statement, reference and past academic performance. You may, therefore, still be offered a place despite not having achieved the exact conditions required."

What uni? :eek:
Original post by PythianLegume
It wasn't price, but space I was worrying about - you don't want to be taking loads of bags on the train.

You don't have to take plates/mugs etc - having nothing for the first night is a good excuse to make friends with your flatmates (also first night should be pizza night everywhere!). Then you've got an excuse to go into town to find some cheap stuff.

I can STRONGLY recommend charity shops for cutlery/crockery and pans etc...they'd really cheap and usually dreadful designs so you wont mind if they get nicked or broken (also it's less likely they'll get nicked!)...plus it's for charidee so extra karma brownie points. :yes:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Thank you :smile:

I'm waiting on biology, chemistry, maths and psychology, all AS. How about you?

awesome, good luck :smile:

theatre studies, psychology and english lit, all a2 haha!

I read something similar on my firm uni's site as well. Makes me less anxious but I can't help but worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sketch
I frantically checked my firm uni's website just now to find anything like this..

with no success :cry2:

Same :rofl:
Original post by Infamous12
Some universities already have their clearing vacancies up and alot more will on monday. So it pretty much confirms that their decisions will be made by Monday. Why do they make us wait until the 15th if has already been decided?

Unis have to send through courses with vacancies by the end of Monday for publication in the newspapers on Thursday morning....

Quite often as they carry on processing decisions and people with missed grades they'll close clearing vacancies between monday and thursday...but because of the print deadlines they have *some* info on the courses *likely* to have spaces.

That's not the same as deciding on every applicant, processing that decision on their systems, CHECKING for mistakes and then sending decisions to UCAS.
Original post by lukeniknak
awesome, good luck :smile:

theatre studies, psychology and english lit, all a2 haha!

Oh wow, good luck to you too :smile:

What are you going to study next year?
Original post by Padouken
What uni? :eek:

Stirling :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah60000
Is this true! I thought Oxford and Cambridge did not do adjustment offers?

I have just been corrected soz for the wrong information.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by popnit
Which mark schemes have been released.. just edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how can I find the edexcel mark schemes ?? this is so scary !:frown:
Reply 1617
Original post by Fairy_
I know! Self-catered en-suite for all 3 options. I put Lafrowda, St. Germans and then Rowe House as they'll be the closest to lectures. How about you?

Are you kidding?? They are the exact same choices as me WITH en suite!!! It probably means we have the same sort of things we like...could we be sharing a flat soon?
Reply 1618
I can't take all this waiting!! :mad:
I've seen this How I Met Your Mother twice before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by adi19956
I can't take all this waiting!! :mad:
I've seen this How I Met Your Mother twice before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Haha agreed:wink:

Latest