The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by needtosucceed=)
LOL sad but cute. I feel the same way.
Lets hope we all get in :tongue:
But i'll probably end up taking extra kitchen stuff we have at home. All i'll buy is new clothes :biggrin:

Hahaha I know, simple pleasures :tongue: at least if I don't get in I have some bowls. Ahh we have no extra stuff at all, in fact we're always running out somehow... and on the same note I've bought WAY too many clothes in the last few months! Could do with a few more party dresses for freshers week though!
Reply 1641
I'm kinda worried, but oddly, I don't feel that heart-in-mouth panic I had during GCSE and AS Jan results days.. maybe it'll hit me on the day we get our results. But until then, just enjoy life as much as you can guys!
Original post by AspiringGenius
6 days until results da... Oh wait 138 days until CHRISTMAS :awesome:

My 19th birthday on Christmas hehe!
Reply 1643
Original post by kingdoo
Anyone applying to Leicester 2014?

I've been looking at it for a CompSci insurance. Not sure where my first choice would be though...
Original post by wontdeny
I've been looking at it for a CompSci insurance. Not sure where my first choice would be though...

Cool I guess you are getting better grades than me haha. I want to do BA geography, I loved the open day. :wink: How did you find the open day?
Original post by oyyoyy
I'm kinda worried, but oddly, I don't feel that heart-in-mouth panic I had during GCSE and AS Jan results days.. maybe it'll hit me on the day we get our results. But until then, just enjoy life as much as you can guys!

Clearly it is the immunisation phenomenon :wink:
Original post by dooobie_
when are the grade boundaries released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

14th. See here (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312329) for the update. WJEC will release the mark converter (i.e. boundaries) on the 15th.
Reply 1646
Original post by Where'sPerry?
My firm says exactly that!!! I still don't know what it means! It IS an error though, caused by the change to the new Track system. I rang UCAS and they were stumped. Rang my uni and they were equally confused. They said they would get back to me after they had investigated it, and they did. They said it is just a mistake and it shouldn't cause any issues, but they told me it would be corrected. Perhaps give your uni a ring just to be sure?

MSci Marine Biology :smile:

MSci? That's Masters in Science right? :smile: Perhaps UCAS just saw the M and thought Postgrad Masters or something :confused:
I haven't rung up my uni as all 5 I applied to had the same error on UCAS :redface: For a second though, I thought I had accidentally applied for the wrong degree haha, but they wouldn't have made an offer for a PhD so it must be ok!
Original post by LRJ
MSci? That's Masters in Science right? :smile: Perhaps UCAS just saw the M and thought Postgrad Masters or something :confused:
I haven't rung up my uni as all 5 I applied to had the same error on UCAS :redface: For a second though, I thought I had accidentally applied for the wrong degree haha, but they wouldn't have made an offer for a PhD so it must be ok!

Yep, it's an Integrated Master in Science which is a 4 year undergrad degree. :h:

I was told it's basically a typo and not to worry about it, but perhaps just drop your firm a short email to confirm that all their details are correct. This was the case for me at Southampton; THEY had all the correct information, it was just UCAS with the issue.
Ahh my firm emailed me and I am stupidly excited again!

'We know that waiting for examination results can be an anxious time but we hope this message helps to explain what is going to happen during August and to reassure you that we will be here to help. Good luck!

Best wishes,
on behalf of the Undergraduate Admissions Team'

Original post by JASApplications
It was quite tough but hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than normal! :smile:

Hopefully!:smile: Hoping I made up for it in C2 :')
Original post by Padouken
Anyone else feel that they're not going to bother with their insurance, so If you miss your firm, you're taking a year out? It's my firm or nowhere for me, heh..

whats ur firm and insurance?

Thanks, but that link has no mention of how to set it to alert me when there is a change on the website :frown: I'm looking for something to keep refreshing the page untill there is a certain change, at which point a loud sound plays to wake me up :wink:

Why the neg? I don't understand what i'm doing wrong here
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1652
just saw a shooting star, maybe it's a sign? :s-smilie::crossedf:
Does anyone know what time you can access your results via ResultsPlus Direct? (Edexcel)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1654
Original post by Frostyjoe
Starting to get that sick feeling :frown: really worried.

Preparing myself to fail.

Can i join you? :frown:
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Does anyone know what time you can access your results via ResultsPlus Direct? (Edexcel)

7am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Screw getting up that early.
Original post by Jkizer
Can i join you? :frown:

Sure haha
Reply 1658
Original post by PQ
Unis have to send through courses with vacancies by the end of Monday for publication in the newspapers on Thursday morning....

Quite often as they carry on processing decisions and people with missed grades they'll close clearing vacancies between monday and thursday...but because of the print deadlines they have *some* info on the courses *likely* to have spaces.

That's not the same as deciding on every applicant, processing that decision on their systems, CHECKING for mistakes and then sending decisions to UCAS.

If i missed my offer but my firm still has a conditional status, is it possible to get them to reject me?

Wow really! Thank you!

Latest