The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Was anybody else really annoyed when they saw UCAS has been suspended again until August 14th and realised that even if unis do decide to accept us, we won't find out until results day anyway? In previous years it has been possible to see you've been accepted like 4 days before results :frown: Why us!?
Original post by shannahb
Was anybody else really annoyed when they saw UCAS has been suspended again until August 14th and realised that even if unis do decide to accept us, we won't find out until results day anyway? In previous years it has been possible to see you've been accepted like 4 days before results :frown: Why us!?

I agree, why us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thinking how close it is.... yet so so far away makes me nervous!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneha.vag
Well, you should start off by explaining that you have missed your offer, despite that, however, your offer remains conditional. After this if the staff on the line do not direct you on what to do next, you can ask them to allow you to speak to an admissions tutor. Explain to him/her why they should pick you- a few extra things you may have left out when writing up your PS. Then you can ask when they expect to make a decision. And then you just have to wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what if your offer has been changed to a rejection? Do you even bother ringing or just do some tequila shots and look in clearing?
Reply 1664
Original post by lillollystar
Just read this on my firm university website:

"Even if you do not get the grades we asked for, we won't automatically reject your application. Instead we'll review it again, paying particular attention to the personal statement, reference and past academic performance. You may, therefore, still be offered a place despite not having achieved the exact conditions required."

:ahee:

Which uni is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1665
Ok. I'll try and make the A2ers a little less worried about that uni shizzle.
So...
What do you think is a competitive UMS average for AS, and how important is a clean sweep of As for all us ASera?
Panic mode has kicked in, and I've ha the same migraine since Sunday evening! I love waiting for results, making me unwell :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, so at this point my life has been put on hold. I barely manage to go to the gym for an hour. I prefer sitting in my room and thinking about results like a complete sad case instead of being out and about with my friends and its my birthday in 3 days. Well and truly lost the plot at this point. :redface:
Original post by sneha.vag
I agree, why us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's making me unnecessarily annoyed. They haven't done this in previous years, so why now :frown: I was hoping to check my track every day after Sunday (when unis get our results) to see if anything had changed but now nothing can change until results day anyway. INFURIATING! :facepalm:
panicking panicking panicking!! :redface: i haven't been properly stressed until now, aghhh! :frown:
Anyone know what time you can access your results from CCEA online?
Original post by popnit
Which uni is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stirling :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyLlewellyn
Panic mode has kicked in, and I've ha the same migraine since Sunday evening! I love waiting for results, making me unwell :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also have had a migrane for a while. I feel you pain :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuya
So...
What do you think is a competitive UMS average for AS, and how important is a clean sweep of As for all us ASera?

What results do you think your going to get ?

(As student)
Original post by lillollystar
I also have had a migrane for a while. I feel you pain :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find myself just wanting to sleep but not being able to, skins all peeling off my ears which is apparently a classic stress symptom( news to me I must admit). I am pretty much a walking mess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 days till results :frown:
And it's my birthday in 27 minutes :P
Original post by hello calum
Thanks, but that link has no mention of how to set it to alert me when there is a change on the website :frown: I'm looking for something to keep refreshing the page untill there is a certain change, at which point a loud sound plays to wake me up :wink:

Why the neg? I don't understand what i'm doing wrong here

If you're using Chrome, add the Auto Refresh Plus add-on :smile:
Original post by Tuya
So...

It totally depends upon the uni. For the top unis, a clean sweep of As is definitely helpful, but people do still get offers with the odd B. The key thing is to be predicted at least their entrance requirements :smile:
Is it at all possible from Monday to Thursday that UCAS could update before results day?
God I am so scared guys, I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my life

Latest