The Student Room Group

UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Lu-x
Okay, this is bad advice. The best way to approach it is to spend several days reading through UKCAT books before starting on the practice questions to understand what the UKCAT is about and how it is used and what techniques are required. Also, do not spend whole days rushing through questions: do a few, have a break, go back and see where you went wrong and how you can improve. Spread your practice over a couple of weeks. This is how you can master the techniques, not by spending hours on end just going through questions. Plus there is much more you can do than just practice UKCAT questions. For example, improve your speed reading by reading short magazine articles, making short notes on it, and checking back to see if you took in all of the information. Of course you will learning things by practicing.

(PS the neg rep didn't have any effect, cheers for leaving your name :wink:)

heyy
i know its quite late since u posted that^^ BUT can you please, please give the names/links to some books you were talking about before starting the actual test. I mean i know about the 600question book and already ordered but i just wanted to know bit more about each section of the exam before actually starting to practise the question for it. so yh, if u dont mind, can u give me some names of any book could be helpful on getting to know about the test:colondollar::colondollar:
thanks alot for posting these useful links....
www.ukcatprep.com/ukcat_questions.html
it is also an important link which would help for the ukcat preparation..
Reply 262
has anyone tried medify before? :s-smilie:
Reply 263
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME! I AM SO FRUSTRATED, all the sources say different things! take for example this question:

http://www.kaptest.co.uk/courses/uk-university/ukcat/practice/decision-analysis.aspx

the first question in the Decision analysis choses D as the correct answer, but D is the past tense whereas the code isnt. from the 600Q book i learnt that the correct answer cannot be in a different tense.

please help! i just dont know what to believe anymore :frown: :frown:
Reply 264
[INDENT]This is amazing, thank you! I'm so nervous for mine on the 28th Sept :frown:[/INDENT]
Reply 265
Hey guys. This is a reminder to let you know that borrowing, sharing or selling on logins to these single-user licensed websites is not allowed and more than likely illegal. Posts will be binned and posters will be alerted/warned as appropriate. It's similar to sharing pdfs of books online so it's not allowed on TSR. If anybody sees any incidences of people trying to buy/sell/beg for access to one of these services, please bring it to the mod team's attention by reporting the post using the red exclamation mark in the top right hand corner of the post:

Much appreciated!
Reply 266
Original post by Lu-x
Last updated: 16/6/11

Here are some links to free questions that are similar to those that come up in the UKCAT, or at least provide practice for those skills tested in the UKCAT. Some are more relevant that others, but I hope that they will give you a general feel and some practice for each of the subtests. If you come across any more sites that I have not included or any broken/incorrect/repeated links, do post and I shall update the list and +rep you. Recently added posts are highlighted. Good luck everyone :smile:

I found this one :biggrin:
http://ispconsultancy.com/html/policing_tests.html
I downloaded the UKCAT practice tests last year, from the UKCAT website, however whenever I go into them, there doesn't seem to be the online calculator in it (for the QR section). That's definitely my worst section and i'm worried that I'll do even worse since I haven't been able to do the test with an online calculator :frown:
very helpful :smile:
Reply 269
How long are the passages for VR subtest?
*subscribes*
Reply 271
Original post by miss_snake
I found the ukcat book helpful and got an average score of 710 :biggrin:. Selling it now. If anyone wats to buy it PM me and i'll give it to you at a cheaper price!:wink:

hi!!what is the title of the book??was that the only thing that you used to get
the 710 score?? >_<
thank you
Just a quick question for anyone whose done the test regarding Decision Analysis....

My tactic had been to do all working in my head, but in practice tests I'd been finishing with 10 mins to go. I was doing ok, getting around 75%+. However I've started writing the longer codes out now and I've been getting pretty much every question right. I'm basing this on the practice UKCAT tests by the way.

Will I have time in the actual test to write out the longer codes, whilst doing the shorter ones in my head?
A new website with over 2000 free practice questions is now available at ukcathelp.org ! This is probably the best free resource I've found on the internet at the moment!
Reply 275
On the whole there is no need to buy kaplan courses or medify, is there?
Reply 276
Well for most of these websites you need to pay. Does anyone know any good website to practice the ukcat which does not require paying?
Hi,
which is the best on line website for ukcat tests?
Reply 278
Original post by confused_kid
Hi,
which is the best on line website for ukcat tests?

Ukcathelp.org, getintomedicine.co.uk and the Official UKCAT practise questions on the UKCAT website and the App.

Also check the Megathread 2014 UKCAT thread for tips, resources etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 279
Could anybody recommend any good books to buy in order to prepare for the UKCAT and BMAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending