The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah good luck everyone ! Need time to hurry up now, the waits become too long.
Original post by wontdeny
We'll see how good they are :s-smilie: I'm from Northern Ireland, I can't get to any English open days, it's too much hassle! The only ones that I will get to are UU, QUB and probably some unis in the Republic. I'm relying a lot on word of mouth and prospectuses :redface: .

Ah right well I can tell you from my experience that Leicester is a great UNI. Good sized campus which wasn't too small or big. Set in a really nice area. I looked at geography and the department was great and really friendly. My friend looked at astrophysics/engineering/biology (He doesn't know what he wants to study yet) And me and him agree it is the best UNI we have looked at. I have also looked at Southampton, UEA, Birmingham, Keele and Swansea. The accommodation is situated outside the uni about 10 mins away on bus which arrive every 10 mins. This is an extra cost of £200 but included a bus into the city as well. The accommodation was really nice and in a very nice area. There are 2 sport centers which are both mainly private (There were clubs for smaller children but they only get the outdoor facilities such as the astro and tennis courts. They were both very new and modern. Really good GYM ect. The uni has had massive refurbishment so everything is brand new.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Matt_dragon
Thanks so much dude, I really appreciate this!! :biggrin: xx

No problem!:biggrin:

You doing anything today?:woo:
When does you school open?

Mine open's at 9.30, but my best friend's opens at 7am. Not fair :tongue:
Reply 1844
Original post by Kalliope

Mine is 9 but it's ok because this means we can check track first :tongue:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
All nighter for me on Wednesday. Contingency plans A to Z will be swung into action to prepare for any grade eventuality. :biggrin:

That's my plan to!
UUU? Who cares, I'll have a plan! :wink:

Mine opens at 6am for the A2 students :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did I read correctly that the raw mark grade boundaries would be available on Wednesday? Or did I just make that up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1848
Just got my pin in the post for getting results online...
Someone pass me a bucket? :frown:
Original post by Denver2010
Did I read correctly that the raw mark grade boundaries would be available on Wednesday? Or did I just make that up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm... What board?

WJEC is on Thursday.

Grade boundaries for other boards will be released the day before however, I'm unsure on actual single raw mark converters.
Our school doesn't open for results till 10:30am :frown:
Original post by PythianLegume
You should be very careful re-taking a year doing the same subjects - universities may see this as taking twice as long to do the AS, and so may just outright reject you.

Or they just may see it as a candidate's determination to reach excellence, because after all, everyone makes mistakes from time to time and students really shouldn't be discouraged about applying to University if they had retaken a year.
Original post by Denver2010

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct I think every exam board apart from WJEC gives out their grade boundaries on the Wednesday.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No problem!:biggrin:

You doing anything today?:woo:

As a matter of fact yes I do! I'm actually leaving to see my friends in half an hour, so today should be good! :smile:
As a matter of fact yes I do! I'm actually leaving to see my friends in half an hour, so today should be good! :smile:

Good :biggrin: have fun then :colone:

I think I'm gonna go out with a friend on Wednesday, tire myself out and sleep!
Or they just may see it as a candidate's determination to reach excellence, because after all, everyone makes mistakes from time to time and students really shouldn't be discouraged about applying to University if they had retaken a year.

Thanks this has made my day. Well if I find out I need to retake the year:biggrin:

My school's open from 7am, but we can only collect our results from 11am onwards...
A2's are lucky because they get to know their results at 8am.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Good :biggrin: have fun then :colone:

I think I'm gonna go out with a friend on Wednesday, tire myself out and sleep!

Haha I shall indeed thanks! :biggrin:
Hahahaha, wednesday night LOL - I'm gonna spend the entire night watching Harry Potter and drinking Pink Lucozade/Coke because I know I won't be able to sleep at all. Should be such fuuuuun -_-
Original post by awkwardusername
That's my plan to!
UUU? Who cares, I'll have a plan! :wink:

Plans all over the place! Plans for plans for plans.

Latest