Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsn0b0dy
Having nightmares about results day :/

same here:frown:
Reply 2261
12 days to go! :eek:
Original post by itsn0b0dy
Having nightmares about results day :/

What's worse: Having a bad dream about results day and then waking up all worried, or having a good dream about results day and then waking up all disappointed that it was just a dream? :holmes:

:tongue:
Original post by Ani97
I got 2 lots of hw since I have applied to 2 sixth forms and am unsure which one I will get into. I got hw in each subject I am taking (math biology chemistry and history) , but it is all just recap of GCSE work we have done like algebra and bonding. Hopefully it will be finished by Sunday so I can do some proper a level work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do they know you are taking them subjects?The College can't know for certain until you enroll, after results day and many things could change the subjects you have chosen like timetable clashes, new information you have learned, worse/better results than you were expecting in certain subjects or possibly just changing your mind after a rethink.I thought I was going to be doing Economics but this looks unlikely now because the College has released a timetable and it clashes with Further Maths so I think I will be taking Computing unless some miraculous alternative way of taking Economics is revealed in my enrollment session.How many hours of homework did you get? and if your getting this much homework now think how much you'll get when you start.
Original post by usycool1
What's worse: Having a bad dream about results day and then waking up all worried, or having a good dream about results day and then waking up all disappointed that it was just a dream? :holmes:

:tongue:

I have had 2 dreams about results before that I remember and both turned out to be partially correct.I dreamed that I had got an A and a D in my English Language and English Literature resits and thought in the dreams that the fail in the English Literature resit was alright because I had got an A first time so I had got two As and I thought the same after receiving an A and a C so only marginally off.I dreamed that I had failed the Geography exam and got a B and that my teacher was going to get it remarked to try to get it up to an A and I actually got a C and was remarked up to a B, the weird thing is that I had never had anything remarked before so the dream appeared extremely psychic.
Reply 2265
Love how techno836 has changed this thread into a discussion about Harry Potter! Come on Harry! :smile:
Are we gonna be the first people to sit the Linear A-levels next year? o.O I am confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eh are the results gonna be released on 22nd or 15th??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Woahsaung
Eh are the results gonna be released on 22nd or 15th??

Posted from TSR Mobile

A-Level results are 15th, GCSE results are 22nd :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lolface32
Are we gonna be the first people to sit the Linear A-levels next year? o.O I am confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard my teachers saying that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not linear but there are no January exams. There are still exams at the end of Year 12 and 13.
Original post by Molly_xox
A-Level results are 15th, GCSE results are 22nd :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is IGCSEs so maybe the results dates are different??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Woahsaung
Mine is IGCSEs so maybe the results dates are different??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm getting my IGCSEs on 22nd too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait, guys, hang on a minute, does this say CIE results are out on the 13th? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376129315.765931.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so bloody worried, I want to do Medicine but my grades will probably contain no A*s, a mix of C, B and A. (I'm thinking I will only get 1 C in Short Course Citizenship though) and a majority A compared to B. Does anyone think is possible, I've looked at most schools entry requirements and I see some say they just want like 6As minimum (UEA), and I know that other factors like UKCAT and work experience are also a big deal but what if that's not exactly the case and 6As isn't enough?

I know I should only blame myself but can I use this as a factor, with my school being in the bottom 200 league table? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21171279 (only 36% of students achieve a good pass) With the way my school is I was entirely unaware that people even got straight As, as there'd usually be 1 story in the local paper about someone getting straights As a year. I only know a handful of people (maybe 5?) that I assume will achieve higher grades than me in my school.

Not to undermine the efforts my classmates have put in and what they will achieve, but can this in anyway be factored in or is it simply a case of wrong place at the wrong time? I was targeted 'B' for all my subjects anyway, so I will still be seen as a success in school despite effectively losing out on my dream D:
Reply 2275
Original post by Dinasaurus
I'm so bloody worried, I want to do Medicine but my grades will probably contain no A*s, a
mix of C, B and A. (I'm thinking I will only get 1 C in Short Course Citizenship though) and a majority A compared to B. Does anyone think is possible, I've looked at most schools entry requirements and I see some say they just want like 6As minimum (UEA), and I know that other factors like UKCAT and work experience are also a big deal but what if that's not exactly the case and 6As isn't enough?

I know I should only blame myself but can I use this as a factor, with my school being in the bottom 200 league table? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21171279 (only 36% of students achieve a good pass) With the way my school is I was entirely unaware that people even got straight As, as there'd usually be 1 story in the local paper about someone getting straights As a year. I only know a handful of people (maybe 5?) that I assume will achieve higher grades than me in my school.

Not to undermine the efforts my classmates have put in and what they will achieve, but can this in anyway be factored in or is it simply a case of wrong place at the wrong time? I was targeted 'B' for all my subjects anyway, so I will still be seen as a success in school despite effectively losing out on my dream D:

Depends on the uni, but Cambridge have a formula that converts A grades into A* depending on how bad your school is. A lot of As will be competitive given the school you went to, but focus on your A levels, and you'll be fine. Mostly As is rather good for the average uni.
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section1/1_4.html
Original post by Dinasaurus
I'm so bloody worried, I want to do Medicine but my grades will probably contain no A*s, a mix of C, B and A. (I'm thinking I will only get 1 C in Short Course Citizenship though) and a majority A compared to B. Does anyone think is possible, I've looked at most schools entry requirements and I see some say they just want like 6As minimum (UEA), and I know that other factors like UKCAT and work experience are also a big deal but what if that's not exactly the case and 6As isn't enough?

A lot of my friends who want to do medicine have told me that you need a minimum of 6a*s to even have a chance of doing medicine, and ideally at least 8
Original post by Tuya
Depends on the uni, but Cambridge have a formula that converts A grades into A* depending on how bad your school is. A lot of As will be competitive given the school you went to, but focus on your A levels, and you'll be fine. Mostly As is rather good for the average uni.
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section1/1_4.html

Damn I hope other places use these factors, I mean I was actually completely unaware of people doing things like taking A levels early, finishing courses early, getting like 5A*s.

I remember a teacher shouting at me as I said I didn't want to carry on with Engineering, and I said I should do something else as at the time I was predicted DD (with the possibility of CC) and she said I had a lot of growing up to do as it was a pass and still went towards the schools score. She also said I would be foolish to be expecting all passes (like B and above)
Original post by mahatma ghandi
A lot of my friends who want to do medicine have told me that you need a minimum of 6a*s to even have a chance of doing medicine, and ideally at least 8

Most medical schools in malysia only ask for 5Bs in IGCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
heeeey guys anyone else wanting to do medicine and (slightly) freaking out about results!! :smile:

Latest