The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosegarden
heeeey guys anyone else wanting to do medicine and (slightly) freaking out about results!! :smile:

Hmmm... I think I want to do medicine eventually (GEM maybe) but my GCSEs should be enough anyway i hope!
Original post by Woahsaung
Most medical schools in malysia only ask for 5Bs in IGCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because they're desperate
Original post by Molly_xox
Wait, guys, hang on a minute, does this say CIE results are out on the 13th? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376129315.765931.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

We get ours posted out to our houses as we sat English lit and Spanish with them, they should arrive on the 17th (1 week!)
If we don't collect our results on the 22 nd when can we get our results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Huffleclaw2416
I know yeah it sucks having to wait so long but i've found some books by CGP called "head start to AS [subject]" which help refresh my memory.
lol im the same i had a reading list i made in april but i've only done two of them :tongue:

I basically look over my specification and buy revision guides/English novels now, so I at least have some knowledge before a levels start, and don't seem completely dumb. :smile:
Okay so I know I got DDD* when the uni required DDM to get in but they also wanted me to have C or higher in my maths and English ------ I know I got at Least a C possibly a B in my English but worried about my maths what are my chances of the uni excepting me if I don't get the maths grade

Please please help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alice_c_97
We get ours posted out to our houses as we sat English lit and Spanish with them, they should arrive on the 17th (1 week!)

We did English Lang and Lit with them, but I don't think we're getting ours til the 22nd :frown: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys theres a difference between edexcel igcse and cie igcse.
Edexcel ones come out on 22nd august (always thursday!)
cie comes out on 13th.

Good luck y'all!!!!!!! :d
Original post by rosegarden
heeeey guys anyone else wanting to do medicine and (slightly) freaking out about results!! :smile:

lol!! Here! I plan to study medicine as well. If you're worried about igcse results buuut if you're confident about your maths, english, bio and chemistry grades then you should be fine. :smile:
Original post by parasagarwal01
cie comes out on 13th.

Thanks :') my school are giving us our results altogether on the 22nd -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by parasagarwal01
cie comes out on 13th.

Is 22nd the date when the reaults will be posted or is it the date for collecting the result slips??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2291
Is 22nd the date when the reaults will be posted or is it the date for collecting the result slips??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's collection day :smile:
Original post by georgiemaycie10
If we don't collect our results on the 22 nd when can we get our results?

Your school may call you or post them to you. Well, this is the policy my school puts in place. They can also be emailed to you. Or, if you have a very trustworthy friend, you can get them to get them to tell you what you got!
Reply 2293
Original post by Dinasaurus
Damn I hope other places use these factors, I mean I was actually completely unaware of people doing things like taking A levels early, finishing courses early, getting like 5A*s.

I remember a teacher shouting at me as I said I didn't want to carry on with Engineering, and I said I should do something else as at the time I was predicted DD (with the possibility of CC) and she said I had a lot of growing up to do as it was a pass and still went towards the schools score. She also said I would be foolish to be expecting all passes (like B and above)

You kinda summed me up in that first paragraph. Well done (its 7 not 5:biggrin:).
And going to a comprehensive like that, you should take a teachers advice with a pinch of salt (a couple of gallons in reality:tongue:). Not because they're stupid, but they first have to cater to 100s of other pupils who may not be as smart, or as hard working as you, and most of us on TSR. And secondly, it's not everyday they see a straight star student, so they rarely expect a pupil to be predicted, all As let alone stars.
This happened at my old comp, where the teachers kinda freaked out at my results, and only when I went to a grammar school for A levels did I realise how not so good I actually was. So if you happen to be going to a similar school/college for A levels, my advise would be to set your standards extremely high, and not to that of what teachers expect normally. Even if that standard is unrealistic, it'll motivate you loads. Trust me!
Last year for my GCSE results, I was 1 mark off an A* in Product Design, 4 marks off an A* in English Lit, 1 mark off an A in Art, and a few marks off an A in Maths. I pray none of you suffer the same fate as it's so frustrating :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmmm... I think I want to do medicine eventually (GEM maybe) but my GCSEs should be enough anyway i hope!

I thought you were going to do Chemistry?I still think Maths is the best choice for you.
After looking through all the subjects, I have realised that the worst grades I can get being realistic is 6A* 4As 4Bs 2Cs, the grades I expect are 10A*s(including one A^(one grade higher than A*)) and 6As and the best grades I can get possibly get is 13A*s(including one A^(one grade higher than A*)) and 3As and this is also the best possible results mathematically.
Original post by Tuya
You kinda summed me up in that first paragraph. Well done (its 7 not 5:biggrin:).
And going to a comprehensive like that, you should take a teachers advice with a pinch of salt (a couple of gallons in reality:tongue:). Not because they're stupid, but they first have to cater to 100s of other pupils who may not be as smart, or as hard working as you, and most of us on TSR. And secondly, it's not everyday they see a straight star student, so they rarely expect a pupil to be predicted, all As let alone stars.
This happened at my old comp, where the teachers kinda freaked out at my results, and only when I went to a grammar school for A levels did I realise how not so good I actually was. So if you happen to be going to a similar school/college for A levels, my advise would be to set your standards extremely high, and not to that of what teachers expect normally. Even if that standard is unrealistic, it'll motivate you loads. Trust me!

Yeah but in my case, it wasn't even straight As that they thought to be unobtainable but straight Bs. I'll still try and apply, if not there's always graduate entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it depends which service your school has registered for. For most of the schools outside the UK its done online "EDEXCEL RESULTS PLUS DIRECT" :smile:
Reply 2299
Original post by Lucy96
Last year for my GCSE results, I was 1 mark off an A* in Product Design, 4 marks off an A* in English Lit, 1 mark off an A in Art, and a few marks off an A in Maths. I pray none of you suffer the same fate as it's so frustrating :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you not ask for a remark in any of those subjects?:smile:

Latest