The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Parents are going to take me to Alton Towers the day after results. This is either gonna be a reward or a pity party.
Reply 2021
Anyone do business studies with AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm yet to find a scary film that's actually scary, it's so frustrating!
Original post by lauraaaaa
I'm yet to find a scary film that's actually scary, it's so frustrating!

have u seen conjuring then? going by what everyone else is saying it seems scary?
Original post by garabacm
Anyone do business studies with AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yess me! AS or a2?

i'm a2 but resat both buss1+2 in june :smile:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
what do u mean? scary films can be based on real life though?
btw wasn't me who negged you.

Huh... Not believing as in not giving the genre any acknowledgement or care lol. They're just cheap thrills and seem like the same film every time. I used to watch them when I was like 14 or so....

And no worries, reputation means nothing to me lmao. You get negative reps for having an opinion these days.
Original post by Padouken
Huh... Not believing as in not giving the genre any acknowledgement or care lol. They're just cheap thrills and seem like the same film every time. I used to watch them when I was like 14 or so....

And no worries, reputation means nothing to me lmao. You get negative reps for having an opinion these days.

Ohhh I see lol, fair enough! yea theyre cheap thrills, cant help but enjoy them though :colondollar:
LOL so true.
have u seen conjuring then? going by what everyone else is saying it seems scary?

Hmm, i watched it, it was pretty scary wasnt that scary though
Reply 2028
yess me! AS or a2?

i'm a2 but resat both buss1+2 in june :smile:

I'm A2 too, nervous about the buss4 exam. How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk

I would have thought it would be the other way round. I really hate biology, hated the stress section in AS as well but something about relationships doesn't really appeal to me.. if that makes sense :tongue:

Good luck for 6 days :smile: hopefully you've done well! And thank you :smile:

I hated stress! It was toooooo much detail and infornation for my brain to cope with and just became abit boring when I didnt get it!

Thank you! Good luck too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wontdeny
Wow thank you!! It sounds really good! I don't know anyone who has been there before so I didn't know very much but you seem to have really loved it!! I must look into it more then, the effort seems like it would be more worth it now! What did you think of Keele? I've been thinking about it, and a friend of mine's sister is studying there at the minute and she seems to really love it.

Yeah I have fallen in love with Leicester:biggrin:. As for Keele I am going to an open day on the 18th which is annoying because by then I will know if I passed or failed and if I didn't pass I will be very anxious about going.:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea me too. Hmm I thought it coulda been better tbh, how about u? what did u get in buss3 and at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hated section A. I think i chose Q2 and Q5 i cant remember. Under the pressure i couldnt recall all of my research so i dont think i will be getting any "good" application. Do you remember which questions you did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey me too, i wrote everything i wanted to write but im not sure it will be enough, i only wrote 3 pages for each essay :frown:
Original post by Pandasareamazing
Hmm, i watched it, it was pretty scary wasnt that scary though

ah really, are u not easily scared or?
Original post by Infamous12
I hated section A. I think i chose Q2 and Q5 i cant remember. Under the pressure i couldnt recall all of my research so i dont think i will be getting any "good" application. Do you remember which questions you did?

oo we did exactly the same questions! I came outta the exam and most people had done questions 1+3 so I got a bit worried thinking I picked the hard questions aha (unintentionally)

Original post by swissking
hey me too, i wrote everything i wanted to write but im not sure it will be enough, i only wrote 3 pages for each essay :frown:

I cant remember how much I wrote :/ its about quality anyways, not quantity :smile:

what grade//ums do you guys need in this exam to get the overall grade u want/need for uni?
Reply 2036
yea me too. Hmm I thought it coulda been better tbh, how about u? what did u get in buss3 and at AS?

It wasn't too bad, but I said that last time and got 30/40 on section A then 6/40 on section B cos I misread it haha. So far I've got A's in all units bar unit 4, which I'm currently on a D.. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HPAG
That is the point I am also trying to make. It should only be a universities in about the top 10 that not having a 4th AS might reduce your chances of getting an offer. Most of the Univs you mention should be ok with 3 AS's. Legally ALL Univ's are required to give offers on 3 A2's thereby implying 3 AS's as not all students / schools are in a position to do / provide more than 3 subjects. Basically you should not have a problem getting an offer with 3 AS's. If you were to ask the Univ they would say the same.

Edit : And I don't agree that repeating a year is always bad. If in your repeat year your performance improves you could kind of talk about waking up to realities and pulling up your socks in your personal statement.

Yeah I guess there are pros and cons of applying with only 3 AS's I do think as I dropped Chemistry my grades should be higher as I didn't have the stress of revising for a subject I knew I was going to do badly in. But you know I only got 2 A's 6B's and a C at GCSE so in theory I shouldn't do well although I did do quite a lot of work towards AS levels. As for the top 10 UNIS I have not got a chance in getting an AAA the highest would be AAB but I am skeptical at achieving that as well. I just really hope I got an A in psychology and B's in history and geography. Oh and an A in general studies as Leicester accepts it as their third subject.:biggrin:

In terms of retaking the year I really don't want to do that and will only do it if I get BBC or bellow:eek:
Reply 2038
Original post by Infamous12

Question 2 and 5 sound familiar, I think I was those. Q2 was basically influences on organisational culture I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gone from being nervous to absolutely terrified.

Latest