The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Still trying to master how I'm going to open the results :eyeball:
Original post by Dalek1099
I thought you were going to do Chemistry?I still think Maths is the best choice for you.

Yes, chem. Then into medicine after maybe.
Original post by Saima97
Good luck to everyone getting their results this month. I myself will be collecting my GCSE Results and I'm really nervous! I am predicted mainly A's and A*'s however I don't think I will get them all. I struggled with Chemistry, Physics and Maths but hopefully I'll get at least a B in those.

I have to enrol for Sixth Form on the 22nd too. I have a question. I really want to study Law at University in a couple of years, therefore should I study A Level Law? Lots of people have told me universities don't accept it but other people are all for the idea? Confused!! Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: But I know it's easier said than done. I've been predicted a B for both English Language and Maths. I'm also really nervous too as I'm scared I won't get the results that I'm expected to or even worse, I may end up with less than a C as the papers were quite difficult in maths and there was no coursework. Do you keep feeling really sick, short of breath and as though something is rushing down your arms? If you do I can totally relate to those feelings, they're not at all nice. :frown:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yes, chem. Then into medicine after maybe.

You don't seem that motivated for medicine D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
FELLOW RAVENCLAW!

Posted from TSR Mobile

good afternoon :biggrin: :h:
Original post by lolface32
You don't seem that motivated for medicine D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not taking biology, so people think I can't do it...

Hence I'm taking the chemistry degree with medicinal and biological Chem to go into medicine :tongue:

Do you want me to do:
I'm doing medicine after chemistry! I'm so excited, can't wait! I'm really scared I won't get in with my GCSEs, can't wait to change the world.

:lol: don't need to show my enthusiasm here, and I'm not worried about GCSEs tbh, they're done
Original post by parasagarwal01
lol!! Here! I plan to study medicine as well. If you're worried about igcse results buuut if you're confident about your maths, english, bio and chemistry grades then you should be fine. :smile:

oh cool hi :smile: i'm doing ordinary gcses and I already have my maths and english language so i'm fine with those!

Just awaiting three sciences (and some others) How about you? :biggrin:
Hmmm... I think I want to do medicine eventually (GEM maybe) but my GCSEs should be enough anyway i hope!

oh awesome! well from the look of your profile you are pretty much a genius so i'm sure you will be fine :biggrin:
I'm not taking biology, so people think I can't do it...

Hence I'm taking the chemistry degree with medicinal and biological Chem to go into medicine :tongue:

Do you want me to do:
I'm doing medicine after chemistry! I'm so excited, can't wait! I'm really scared I won't get in with my GCSEs, can't wait to change the world.

:lol: don't need to show my enthusiasm here, and I'm not worried about GCSEs tbh, they're done

I did not mention biology once xD. I was making an assumption after what I have seen, you wanted to do chem eng then chem and sometimes a MFL. Whilst you are clearly smart, you don't seem that dedicated to do medicine? And yeah, the second version is nicer, little less sarcasm will do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosegarden
oh awesome! well from the look of your profile you are pretty much a genius so i'm sure you will be fine :biggrin:

:lol:
I did not mention biology once xD. I was making an assumption after what I have seen, you wanted to do chem eng then chem and sometimes a MFL. Whilst you are clearly smart, you don't seem that dedicated to do medicine? And yeah, the second version is nicer, little less sarcasm will do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry with an MFL is what I plan on with Graduate Entry Medicine... :tongue:

Medicine, I'm unsure because:
- It's such a cliché, and I don't want biology a level.
- I feel really guilty about homeless people and feel I should help them somehow... But medicine won't do that...
- I probably wouldn't get in

So no :tongue: I'm not set on it, but it's a possibility... And it'll probably be after UG.

Also, I don't see why you need such "dedication" of course it's a hard degree but if I'm passionate about it after then I'll get in:tongue: which I might.not, but hey ho that's life

Chemistry with an MFL is what I plan on with Graduate Entry Medicine... :tongue:

- I feel really guilty about homeless people and feel I should help them somehow... But medicine won't do that...

So no :tongue: I'm not set on it, but it's a possibility... And it'll probably be after UG.

Also, I don't see why you need such "dedication" of course it's a hard degree but if I'm passionate about it after then I'll get in:tongue: which I might.not, but hey ho that's life

Surely Medicine could be one of the most useful degrees if it was purely to help homeless people? I'm sure there will be clinics for the homeless and needy somewhere. I can't actually think of any degree that would set you up better to help homeless people, and even with a degree in medicine you could still volunteer for a relevant charity in your spare time.

You would get into medicine, the fact that you will have done a ton of A-levels shows you cope with stress, along with grades you are perfect ( throw in a little extra outside shizzle ). Btw, you really don't need a chemistry degree to build homes xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Its Andy
Surely Medicine could be one of the most useful degrees if it was purely to help homeless people? I'm sure there will be clinics for the homeless and needy somewhere. I can't actually think of any degree that would set you up better to help homeless people, and even with a degree in medicine you could still volunteer for a relevant charity in your spare time.

Well first I want to do the chem degree because I'm not doing biology a level and I want to attend a top university :smile:
Well first I want to do the chem degree because I'm not doing biology a level and I want to attend a top university :smile:

It does not matter what uni you go to for medicine? Would be nice to see a Oxford diploma on your wall though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, but if doing medicine is quite a big thing and requires a lot of dedication. You've got to ask yourself whether you really want it enough if you don't even want to take Biology A-level.

Personally I want to either Computer Science or Engineering at (hopefully a top) Uni. My A level choices reflect that as I plan to take Maths, Physics, Computing, Electronics and then later Further Maths.
You would get into medicine, the fact that you will have done a ton of A-levels shows you cope with stress, along with grades you are perfect ( throw in a little extra outside shizzle ). Btw, you really don't need a chemistry degree to build homes xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I get some experience next year (medical or volunteering with the homeless) I might even apply for medicine undergraduate!

But again, lack of biology a level...

Are these good? I can apply to the following:

Cambridge
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh
Leeds
Oxford
Manchester

It does not matter what uni you go to for medicine? Would be nice to see a Oxford diploma on your wall though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford :teeth: :ahee: or B'ham, Imperial :dontknow:

So I wanna get a 1st from York :colondollar: or Durham? Or... Then go somewhat nice :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that a statement or a question?
Original post by Huffleclaw2416
YAY !!! so far we have a ravenclaw a hufflepuff a gryffindor are there any slytherins out there ?

SLYTHERINS FOR THE WIN! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Its Andy
Fair enough, but if doing medicine is quite a big thing and requires a lot of dedication. You've got to ask yourself whether you really want it enough if you don't even want to take Biology A-level.

Personally I want to either Computer Science or Engineering at (hopefully a top) Uni. My A level choices reflect that as I plan to take Maths, Physics, Computing, Electronics and then later Further Maths.

Biology in itself is interesting, but the actual A Level is boring...

Good :tongue: my a levels are:
Physics
Chemistry
Maths and Further Maths
Geography
History AS
French
Spanish AS
Welsh Baccalaureate

Don't need bio for med, it's a crap a level in that it's just memorizing...

Oxford :teeth: :ahee: or B'ham, Imperial :dontknow:

So I wanna get a 1st from York :colondollar: or Durham? Or... Then go somewhat nice :tongue:

If you can get into one of the big Unis (Oxbridge, Imperial etc..) then I think that you should go for it! :smile: Even if there's a uni higher rated for your subject you still have the advantage of how going to a famous uni, where even if you want to work abroad people will still have heard of it!

I'm kicking myself for not putting enough effort into my GCSEs already, I'm predicted all As and 2 A*s, but I know that I'm probably gonna get at least a couple of Bs when I could have got a lot more A*s! :mad:

Latest