The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georgiapal
every day we get closer it kills me a little bit more

Same! If you ever begin to doubt yourself, just quietly sing "Work This Out" from High School Musical 2 to yourself. Foolproof way to stay optimistic.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by James A
:yep:

Whaaaaa? Can someone bring me up to speed? :colondollar:
Reply 2082
Original post by Miracle Day
Brother told my parents I'm homo. :unimpressed:

:s-smilie: Is that bad?
How is everyone feeeling?
Original post by JamesTheCool
So many pompous privileged oiks oinking and oinking over their multitude of A*s, which is actually the result of coming from a pathetically insecure middle class family and having over-zealous parents rather than being a superior walk of life and making everyone else feel like worthless scum.

U Jelly?

Brother told my parents I'm homo. :unimpressed:

Are they upset by that? Or are you just annoyed you didn't get to tell them?
Original post by JamesTheCool
So many pompous privileged oiks oinking and oinking over their multitude of A*s, which is actually the result of coming from a pathetically insecure middle class family and having over-zealous parents rather than being a superior walk of life and making everyone else feel like worthless scum.

Original post by Arva
:s-smilie: Is that bad?

Original post by PythianLegume
U Jelly?

Are they upset by that? Or are you just annoyed you didn't get to tell them?

They took it perfectly well, I'm just mad that he told them. I think it was out of order tbh.
Reply 2087
They took it perfectly well, I'm just mad that he told them. I think it was out of order tbh.

Troll of the finest calibre? Or serious?
:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
:confused::confused::confused:
Original post by PythianLegume
U Jelly?

Are you from a private school? Not that it's relevant, I'm just curious.
Original post by Arva
Last year I thought I'd grown out of Harry Potter. This year I've come to my senses and will be tackling the 8 film marathon before results!!! :woo:

I might join you in that actually.
Seems like a good idea.
Either that, or a book marathon? Hmm... :P
Original post by Tuya
Troll of the finest calibre? Or serious?
:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
:confused::confused::confused:

Is homosexuality so outrageous and unheard of that you have to suggest trolling?
Original post by xDanny 117
Good luck with the Geography AS. I remember you from the Geography section haha. :smile:

Yes remember you too, thanks.
Reply 2092
Original post by Ecawthorn
Does anyone know whether when your teacher/s have marked your coursework and given it a mark and then send it off for the examiner to mark it, the examiner would change it if they think it deserves higher(or lower) I was just wondering cos think my coursework is gonna put me back and some last minute improvements made me wonder if the examiner would think it was slightly better than my teacher. It was aqa english lit B and it was on a Shakespeare text and Educating Rita too

My teacher explained that most of the time they send off an exemplar coursework and a below average coursework from the school to the examiner just to check that the teachers have marked it properly, but i think what you are asking is more likely to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Divergent
I might join you in that actually.
Seems like a good idea.
Either that, or a book marathon? Hmm... :P

I gave up on the order of the phoenix book. Yuck. I heard they're really good though.

Spoiler

Original post by Padouken
Are you from a private school? Not that it's relevant, I'm just curious.

No, but I do go to a Grammar School (not one of the super-competitive ones, but still a Grammar).
Original post by annemariemoore
Whaaaaa? Can someone bring me up to speed? :colondollar:

In other words.... the Uni's receive our results on Sunday. They then know who met their offers and who didn't. Also if you narrowly miss out on your offer, the uni will still accept you, which depends on the popularity of the course and of course, how many spaces they have left! :eek:
Original post by James A
In other words.... the Uni's receive our results on Sunday. They then know who met their offers and who didn't. Also if you narrowly miss out on your offer, the uni will still accept you, which depends on the popularity of the course and of course, how many spaces they have left! :eek:

Bloody Nora! Dunno why I'm so shocked, think it just makes it all seem so much more real. :s-smilie:
Original post by annemariemoore
Bloody Nora! Dunno why I'm so shocked, think it just makes it all seem so much more real. :s-smilie:

It allows the uni's to have a bit more time to review the situation about how many people met their offer and of course, it gives them more time to go through each application e.g. their personal statement, reference (as I was saying for the people that narrowly missed out on the grades)!

It's so scary :nooo:
Original post by Qamaraden
AS so it basically determines the universities i can apply to.

Ah, I see. I'm in the same position. Where are you thinking of applying to depending on grades?
Original post by James A
It allows the uni's to have a bit more time to review the situation about how many people met their offer and of course, it gives them more time to go through each application e.g. their personal statement, reference (as I was saying for the people that narrowly missed out on the grades)!

It's so scary :nooo:

It definitely is! I feel as if there's a load of professors at Nottingham laughing at my application as we speak. I know there isn't, I'm not that important/interesting. :laugh:

Latest