The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32
You make it sound so simple. The plan would not apply to the vast majority of the homeless. Why do you feel so sensitive for the problem anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So, start with minorities... The ones it would apply to are the ones worth helping.

:lol: I'm quite an empathic person in that I feel incredibly guilty over their suffering... And that I should help. Which is why medicine is enticing, but I wouldn't want to waste my time dealing with people who bring illness upon themselves...
Original post by Molly_xox
We did English Lang and Lit with them, but I don't think we're getting ours til the 22nd :frown: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw really?:frown: we did language with them as well but we sat in in October so got the result in January. Thanks, you too! so nervous now!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So, start with minorities... The ones it would apply to are the ones worth helping.

:lol: I'm quite an empathic person in that I feel incredibly guilty over their suffering... And that I should help. Which is why medicine is enticing, but I wouldn't want to waste my time dealing with people who bring illness upon themselves...

Seems as if Ramadan is working? Personally, I feel guilty for the mass slaughtering of the Syrian public, but I suppose people who roam the streets is equally as big of a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well what if you work 1 hour in DFS? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :O .... :s-smilie: but at Next I'd get discount .. and get to go to staff warehouse :biggrin: :biggrin:
Seems as if Ramadan is working? Personally, I feel guilty for the mass slaughtering of the Syrian public, but I suppose people who roam the streets is equally as big of a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ramadan? :lolwut:

It was just how they must live, it's so bad. I mean, what happened to human rights?

The guy seemed so grateful when he got the food and drinks from us.
Ramadan? :lolwut:

It was just how they must live, it's so bad. I mean, what happened to human rights?

The guy seemed so grateful when he got the food and drinks from us.

Lol, I feel wavy. Not sat down all day. A lot of people are denied basic human rights, why you should feel sorry for this specific group does not make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, I feel wavy. Not sat down all day. A lot of people are denied basic human rights, why you should feel sorry for this specific group does not make sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, give me another set of people and I'll give thoughts on them :tongue:

This whole convo is pointless if I don't get good GCSE grades :lol:
Original post by techno836
Lets see

Next is £5.08 - £6.21 p/h Contracted 8.5 Hours
DFS is £8.35 p/h No contracted hours mentioned :confused:

why not both.jpg
Original post by Dalek1099
I am wondering about whether I'm going to open my results up around other people or whether I'm going to take them home to open by myself.Both have pros and cons if my results are really good I will be upset to not have been able to boast but if they are bad it will ruin my reputation but then again I could just boast on Facebook.Last Year, the school decided to not even give us an envelope and as I was taking it I saw that I had failed Geography(C grade) and that meant that I put them away and ignored people asking about them because I thought they could have been really bad but the rest of the results were great.

Nobody will like you if you boast, especially if you do it over Facebook. Grades aren't everything, you also need to be able to get on with people.
Well, give me another set of people and I'll give thoughts on them :tongue:

This whole convo is pointless if I don't get good GCSE grades :lol:

Syrians, N. Koreans, bullied people, jimmy saville victims.... :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
I know :O .... :s-smilie: but at Next I'd get discount .. and get to go to staff warehouse :biggrin: :biggrin:

You will have some 'next' clothes ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Syrians, N. Koreans, bullied people, jimmy saville victims.... :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

First 2 aren't in the country.
Bullied victims, I said self defense classes for kids.
His victims, how many actually affected? Tiny amount. They receive help as it is
Original post by Its Andy
why not both.jpg

trust me if I can I will :biggrin:
You will have some 'next' clothes ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah :smile:
First 2 aren't in the country.
Bullied victims, I said self defense classes for kids.
His victims, how many actually affected? Tiny amount. They receive help as it is

There a lots of different types of bullying and I'm sure most cases of bullying wouldn't be solved by the victim learning martial arts.
Original post by Georgiecat
Absolutely! In a sense, I'm looking forward to it, because at least it'll be a big relief finally knowing what I got! Only 15 days now...
Only 12 days now! Oh my days, less than 2 weeks away. I don't know how I'm going to open them. Like, in a corner on my own or with people looking over my shoulder? I'm not even that nervous yet, it's just mostly anticipation! The day before though I'll be bricking it. It's annoying to know that our grades will have already been marked and are just sitting in a dark room waiting to be opened. :frown: x
Original post by Its Andy
There a lots of different types of bullying and I'm sure most cases of bullying wouldn't be solved by the victim learning martial arts.

Cyber bullying - beat the crap out of bully, they stop.

Emotional - bear the crap out of bully, they stop.

See the pattern?:tongue:
Original post by InPiscinam
So true! These are our first meaningful results, and it'd be nice to actually know if I've failed (or hopefully not, but y'know) quite soon - the wait is killing me!!!!

I know, completely agree. I'm counting down every day in my head automatically which is just making it worse! x
Knowing that our grades will have probably already been marked and are just sitting in a dark room waiting to be opened is really frustrating me! x
Reply 2378
Original post by Dalek1099
I am wondering about whether I'm going to open my results up around other people or whether I'm going to take them home to open by myself.Both have pros and cons if my results are really good I will be upset to not have been able to boast but if they are bad it will ruin my reputation but then again I could just boast on Facebook.Last Year, the school decided to not even give us an envelope and as I was taking it I saw that I had failed Geography(C grade) and that meant that I put them away and ignored people asking about them because I thought they could have been really bad but the rest of the results were great.

Uhm, it was only a few days ago since I had to confront you about your boasting, you are intentionally and directly doing this now:colone:

Nice to hear! Good luck but with arrogance like that regardless of the result I'm sure you'll be satisfied
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by madeofstone1804
Knowing that our grades will have probably already been marked and are just sitting in a dark room waiting to be opened is really frustrating me! x

I agree over the past month I thought that when a random exam popped into my mind it was currently being marked :lol: :colondollar:

Latest