The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I seriously just started sobbing, because after months and weeks of trying to suppress the thought of my AS Level results, it has hit my like a ton of bricks! I have the biggest frown on in the entire world. Oh my gosh, I am so sad. WHY??!?!? WHY CURTISDEAN do you have to be so SDUVNSDUNEWOIFMEF,CPECNQEGEVMKWQFMPQEF,2Q0-WEVP.;EV,POWEVM!!!

*continues to sob*
Agh, christ on a bendy bus, this is terrifying!!
Screw the five stages of grief, I think there are five stages of dealing with the run-up to results day;

1.) Denial - "It'll be fine. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm just panicking over nothing, I'm over-thinking this. That CHEM4 paper wasn't so bad. I'll be fine . . ."

2.) Anger - "**** YOU, AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR, WJEC!! WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR ME?!?!?!! (Alternatively teachers, heads of 6th Form and admissions officers are acceptable entities to rage at). :rant:
3.) Bargaining - "Please God/Allah/Buddha/almighty hedgehog that lives at the end of the garden - I will run naked up and down my street shouting 'I am King of the Badgers!' if it means I can get into my Firm."

:badger:
4.) Depression - "It's over. My life is over. I'm doomed to living with my parents and pulling pints for the rest of my working life. I may as well take lessons from my cat how to properly waste a day, but knowing me, I'll fail that too." :lazy:
5.) Acceptance - "**** this, who needs A-levels? I'm going to run away to Thailand for the Full Moon Party and become a diving instructor. :bong:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by venenecinema
By that logic your mark is determined before you enter the exam.

Not necessarily. Take a bad example, it depends on if your luck when trying to copying off someone. Also you know the feeling when you suddenly cannot remember something?

May be biased, as I take mostly subjects like maths, physics, where a correct answer exist.

What I meant is that panic just does not change your grade
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bunny96
Yeah that always seems to happen :s-smilie:
Well I guess I will know too in five days! :redface:

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine anyways :wink:

PS Grade Boundaries for Physics on OCR are always low :yes:
Reply 2184
Original post by kingdoo
Cool. Geography for me I loved the open day:biggrin:

I haven't been to their open day yet but I've booked a place for September! What do you think were the most positive aspects of the uni? :smile:
Original post by ColourDog
Anyone else do psychology A (aqa)?
I felt PYSA3 went quite well, but I need an 'a' in that exam.... Not sure it will be an A if everyone else found it nice?

I was happy with the aggression question..couldnt have asked for a better one, relationships was good too just hated the sleep question so doubt ill get an A in that. Im hoping a B seen as the grade boundaries in Jan were really low
Original post by The nameless one
Not necessarily. Take a bad example, it depends on if your luck when trying to copying off someone. Also you know the feeling when you suddenly cannot remember something?

May be biased, as I take mostly subjects like maths, physics, where a correct answer exist.

I suppose that's true for subjects like maths, but for the written subjects where the marking is subjective I'd say that your mark isn't determined until the examiner has finished with it.
Original post by popnit
You can cry on my shoulder if you like

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I have the other shoulder? :colondollar:
I had a dream in January that I got AAB in my modules and got those grades just not in the subjects I dreamt!, still waiting for my dream where I get my 3 As and get into my firm choice! :afraid::bebored:
Original post by Flowerii
Screw the five stages of grief, I think there are five stages of dealing with the run-up to results day;

1.) Denial - "It'll be fine. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm just panicking over nothing, I'm over-thinking this. That CHEM4 paper wasn't so bad. I'll be fine . . ."

2.) Anger - "**** YOU, AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR, WJEC!! WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR ME?!?!?!! (Alternatively teachers, heads of 6th Form and admissions officers are acceptable entities to rage at). :rant:
3.) Bargaining - "Please God/Allah/Buddha/almighty hedgehog that lives at the end of the garden - I will run naked up and down my street shouting 'I am King of the Badgers!' if it means I can get into my Firm."

4.) Depression - "It's over. My life is over. I'm doomed to living with my parents and pulling pints for the rest of my working life. I may as well take lessons from my cat how to properly waste a day, but knowing me, I'll fail that too." :lazy:
5.) Acceptance - "**** this, who needs A-levels? I'm going to run away to Thailand for the Full Moon Party and become a diving instructor. :bong:

This has made my night lol at almighty hedgehog that lives at the end of the garden. And I have done my open water diving course last year in Egypt so who knows I may become a diving instructor. At least it will be warm in any other country.:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by venenecinema
I suppose that's true for subjects like maths, but for the written subjects where the marking is subjective I'd say that your mark isn't determined until the examiner has finished with it.

I mean, you being panic or not will not change his mind...
Original post by The nameless one
I mean, you being panic or not will not change his mind...

I know, I know :smile:
Original post by kate_louise21
I was happy with the aggression question..couldnt have asked for a better one, relationships was good too just hated the sleep question so doubt ill get an A in that. Im hoping a B seen as the grade boundaries in Jan were really low

I felt relationships was good too :smile: and eating behaviour was good, but intelligence was not so! I only knew limited amounts on it!
Everyone seems to be panicking a lot more now, can't imagine what everyone will be like on Wednesday.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Everyone seems to be panicking a lot more now, can't imagine what everyone will be like on Wednesday.

Wednesday the thread will probably get to 10000 posts :tongue:
I'm REALLY bored. SOMEONE entertain me :evilbanana::flutter::horse::hump2::jiggy:
Original post by Zaphod77
Wednesday the thread will probably get to 10000 posts :tongue:

It may be sooner depending on how many people are on and what their nerves are like really :tongue:
Original post by haniie219
I haven't been to their open day yet but I've booked a place for September! What do you think were the most positive aspects of the uni? :smile:

The staff (and students) but more importantly the staff were really enthusiastic. I also loved how refurbished the uni is. It literally was great. The accommodation was also the best I have been to.

I will rank the unis I have been to in order. Leicester, UEA, Southampton, Birmingham. Still yet to see Keele.:biggrin:
Original post by Flowerii

THIS. I'm currently at Bargaining. Personally, I'm praying to Superman as the last time I did that, I got a nice Additional Mathematics paper.
Anyone have some spare time ? We need a 4 now :biggrin:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2414069

Latest