The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Being on TSR as results day approaches is no good for the nervous mind.. yet I'm still here:tongue:
Original post by Jatz07
yea , well not 'megally difficult' but I messed up... chem and physics were excellent , but Bio I think I was having a bad day...

oh well, I am fairly certain bio will have lower grade boundaries compared to chem and physics so we'll see how it goes :smile:

Jatz

I thought...

Physics > Biology > Chemistry
In difficulty
Original post by JustaDreamer
I looked at the calendar and saw the date. Realised there's less than two weeks arrgh. Finally decided its English Lit, Geography and then Lang I'm most worried about...:redface:

It's Eng lit for me :redface:

To be honest, I'm not really all that bothered about GCSE results :redface: I always thought I'd care a lot more about what I'd get... Maybe it's because I'm pretty sure I've done well.
Reply 2403
Original post by JustaDreamer
I looked at the calendar and saw the date. Realised there's less than two weeks arrgh. Finally decided its English Lit, Geography and then Lang I'm most worried about...:redface:
Im soo worried about English literature too:eek:, did you have aqa as ur exam board?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
That's too low:wink:

Ex astronaut wannabe here:tongue:

I told people I wanted to be an astronaut for the lols :tongue:

They took me seriously though
Original post by Jatz07
Did anyone else do ocr gcse biology b4 , b5, b6 this year and the exam went completely horrendous? (apart from l'evil fish) :biggrin: :biggrin:

To be honest, as long as my grades are A*/A , I'll be happy because we can't change our results lol ... and I'm sure everyone else will feel the same too :smile:

We all worked hard and should be happy for the amount of hard work we put in.

So, back to discussion... I hear rumours everyone is going to stay up the night of Results Day ?

Jatz

21st century or gateway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
Wicked!! I'm guessing with those A-levels you want to do Medicine or dentistry :biggrin:

I want to become a dental surgeon , my A-levels are:
Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History + Extended Project (Lol, l'evil fish has probably heard this for the 100th time) :wink:

Physics , I don't really like the subject at A-level lol... so I picked history because I didn't want to do all sciences and I wanted to show a taste of versatility, :smile:

The current record in my school is 9 A*, I doubt i'll beat that , as exams were slightly different compared to last year

Jatz

haha Medicine :biggrin: :rolleyes: I didn't want to risk doing an essay subject :s-smilie: unless its psychology but I think i'm more likely to get an A in physics :smile:

I think I've read this like ages ago too haha, ahh well I like having this discussion :lol: ...... What you planning on doing for your EPQ?

I don't my school's record? probably haven't kept record .. I'll only have 6A* I think anyway :smile: ... I know our sixth form is A*A*Aa (self taught the AS)

sadly there is only one way for me beat that ;D

and OMG DRAKE & JOSH IS ON!! I used to love this.. heck I still do :L
Original post by Elm Tree
I told people I wanted to be an astronaut for the lols :tongue:

They took me seriously though

I'm gonna say...

I want to become a... Hmmm... Think of something amusing:redface:
Original post by Jatz07
Have you got the edexcel log in to check A-level maths results at 6am on 15th august or do you have to go to school??

Or did you do WJEC? If not, what time do you get your As/A2 Results?

Jatz

WJEC :tongue:

Probably around 11 I'll go in :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm gonna say...

I want to become a... Hmmm... Think of something amusing:redface:

A club promoter? :awesome:
Original post by techno836
Mee too :frown:

... DFS and at Next :biggrin:
(DFS pays more, bore Next would be more enjoyable I guess :lol: )

Next is not enjoyable! At least not where I live. The managers of each section are bat **** crazy. And omg. If you're on the kids section rotation these asian parents come in, take clothes off the racks, look at them and then drop them on the floor right in front of you. So not worth the tiny discount, ****ty pay and idiots lol. Mark my words!

...but it might be nice where you live... So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Next is not enjoyable! At least not where I live. The managers of each section are bat **** crazy. And omg. If you're on the kids section rotation these asian parents come in, take clothes off the racks, look at them and then drop them on the floor right in front of you. So not worth the tiny discount, ****ty pay and idiots lol. Mark my words!

...but it might be nice where you live... So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha ...oh :/ still gotta be more exciting than admin work :lol:
A club promoter? :awesome:

:colonhash:

Binman!:biggrin: (as useful as they are...)
Original post by sr234
Im soo worried about English literature too:eek:, did you have aqa as ur exam board?

Yeah I did! I did sunlight on the grass, OMAM, Moon on the tides....I found the exams ok, poetry: loved one question kinda went unrelated in Unseen, prose: meh. I'm panicking because I had a really bad teacher and I'm doing it for A-level! :redface:
It's Eng lit for me :redface:

To be honest, I'm not really all that bothered about GCSE results :redface: I always thought I'd care a lot more about what I'd get... Maybe it's because I'm pretty sure I've done well.

:five: I know I keep bringing this up; but I think I would too if I found it easy to think of original A* stuff! :tongue: lol but yeah I was looking at the a level thread and I felt so petty, I'll be properly hyperventilating next year.
Original post by Jatz07
loooooooooooooool

I meant, we should be happy because we worked hard but we can't change our results... :biggrin: (Even though I would love too)

Jatz

Haha yeah I hope we all worked hard enough!
Original post by Jatz07
Haha awesome man! Good Luck mate!!
Which uni's are you thinking of applying to?

I've heard birmingham want 7/8 A* for Medicine and Dentistry at GCSE...

well, I'm thinking maybe something on periodontal disease or gingivitis , or perhaps in relation to gingivevectomy or gingivoplasty... I still have to decide lol

The current record for a-level is 3 A* and 1A in our school... I want to beat that !!

Haha I love drake and josh!! I remember the good old days.... I still don't get how josh lost so much weight and drake just flirts as usual lol

Jatz

Leeds, Sheffield, York and Manchester I think :smile:

those long words don't mean much to me :lol: dental things I presume :biggrin:

are those all at A2? :redface:

I know his weight loss is just magical haha... no childs programme will ever beat drake and josh, it is actually funny :lol:
Original post by sr234

Hmm you quoted me but on my screen its disappeared! But yeh I used to hope for an A* but now I'm just trying to seize an A. :frown:
Original post by Jatz07
[video="youtube;oSRy6p-mLgE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6p-mLgE[/video]

ok everyone before you open your gcse results, make sure you read them carefully or you will end up like the girl in this video...

Must watch!! Absolutely hilarious!!

Jatz

Oh god I feel so bad...I'll make sure I do that!
Reply 2416
Original post by Jatz07
[video="youtube;oSRy6p-mLgE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSRy6p-mLgE[/video]

ok everyone before you open your gcse results, make sure you read them carefully or you will end up like the girl in this video...

Must watch!! Absolutely hilarious!!

Jatz

poor girl!
she held herself together pretty well though!
Reply 2417
Original post by Lucy96
I wish! But nope, my school would never have done such a thing :tongue:

Oh, what a shame:frown:
im like 3709 posts old but I have no idea when sometimes when you get rep it doesn't change ???? :confused:
Original post by techno836
im like 3709 posts old but I have no idea when sometimes when you get rep it doesn't change ???? :confused:

The person who repped may have red gems. The amount to you get is the same as their reputation power :smile:

Latest