The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by kingdoo
The staff (and students) but more importantly the staff were really enthusiastic. I also loved how refurbished the uni is. It literally was great. The accommodation was also the best I have been to.

I will rank the unis I have been to in order. Leicester, UEA, Southampton, Birmingham. Still yet to see Keele.:biggrin:

It's great to hear that the staff were enthusiastic :smile: , I can't wait to visit now!
I also want to apply to UEA and Southampton :biggrin: and am also going to their open days in September!
Out of Leicester, UEA and Southampton, which one would you say was more multicultural?
Original post by ColourDog
Oh really? I think i got 60/100 for PSYA4 in jan! :tongue: I really hate psychology :colondollar:

I retook PSYA4 as would need an A in PSYA3 to get a B overall, but PSYA3 was before the PSYA4 exam and as i thought PSYA3 went well... revision was limited for PSYA4 :/ regretting it now :/

Hopeful thinking for the both of us!

I LOVE psychology! :smile: It's what I've applied to do, so I really need to do well in it :frown: I was so annoyed with the research methods section.. I totally boss the 10 mark plan an experiment questions but they didn't ask one this year!! :frown: the only question I was confident on!
Original post by Helen95
Yeah, that's the plan. I've arranged to spend the majority of the day doing archery, so I'm looking forward to it in a way, haha :biggrin:

Wow, I wish I could do that but instead I'll be going to the cinemas with some friends and then go out for a meal too :tongue:
Original post by kieran1502
Unit 3 I did relationships, aggression and gender which were all quite dull. For unit 4 we did phobias and addiction which I felt were a lot more interesting. Unit 3 just seem like a memory game to regurgitate a structured answer

Unit 3 was def a memory game.. You just had to memorise an essay and hope you wrote everything down right on the day! I hated that if you didn't know the question, you were stuffed. I preferred the first 2 exams where if you didn't know the main question, that was okay because it was max 12 marks and you could still do okay! On unit 3 and unit 4 you really had to know your stuff on any possible question :/
Original post by haniie219
It's great to hear that the staff were enthusiastic :smile: , I can't wait to visit now!
I also want to apply to UEA and Southampton :biggrin: and am also going to their open days in September!
Out of Leicester, UEA and Southampton, which one would you say was more multicultural?

Well as a Uni I would say Leicester (but this may change when we go), as a city I would say Southampton. But to be honest nowadays the UK is multicultural friendly in most areas.:biggrin:
Reply 2245
Original post by kingdoo
Well as a Uni I would say Leicester (but this may change when we go), as a city I would say Southampton. But to be honest nowadays the UK is multicultural friendly in most areas.:biggrin:

Great! Thank you! :smile:
Which AS subjects did you take?
I keep recalculating how many UMS I need for each subject to get an A, just in case I made a mistake the other 100 times I have done it. I need to chill.
Reply 2247
Original post by ColourDog
Anyone else do psychology A (aqa)?
I felt PYSA3 went quite well, but I need an 'a' in that exam.... Not sure it will be an A if everyone else found it nice?

I think both PSYA3 and PSYA4 went alright. But you never know with these. They can be so subjective! I retook PSYA3 because it went so badly I January!
Reply 2248
Did anyone here do Psychology AQA A or History OCR A? How confident are you all feeling?
Original post by haniie219
Great! Thank you! :smile:
Which AS subjects did you take?

I am taking Geography, History and psychology and did take chemistry but found it so difficult and after Easter decided I would drop it. Better to get 3 good grades than 4 OK ones,:biggrin:
Original post by shannahb
Unit 3 is a bit of a pain in the butt.. Which topics did you do for it? Our college did perception, eating behaviour and relationships. Perception was the most horrendously dull thing ever! We did schizophrenia and addiction for unit 4 and I got the SZ question I wanted so I'm just praying :/ haha

I did eating behaviour and relationships too! I thought they were quite interesting, perception sounds horrible! :tongue: I did addiction and schizophrenia too, words cannot describe the relief I felt when I saw biological explanations of schizophrenia on that paper. :lol:
Original post by aferej
I think both PSYA3 and PSYA4 went alright. But you never know with these. They can be so subjective! I retook PSYA3 because it went so badly I January!

I know! :/ My teachers were useless markers too.... One told me 'they dont give out a's just because' and then would write us example answers that were unrealistically long! So who knows how i've done really :L PSYA4 didn't go great, but to be fair, I was an idiot and didn't revise....

Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 2252
Dreading Results day as BUSS3 & BUSS4 are 2 units i cant predict
Reply 2253
Original post by Kalliope
Lucky :awesome:

Good point! But then we'll have a horrid few hours, maybe more when I'll either be frantic about which subjects I missed my offer in and not able to take next steps til I have more info; or anxious-and-trying-to-be-pretend I'm not about whether I came close to my predictions..

I was going to check track at 8 and then get ready and go into college for 9, picking up a copy of the telegraph on the way :lol: So then it won't be a huge gap, but then again track might have crashed by then :nooo: I definitely didn't come close to my predictions, so I'm no longer worrying about that :lol:
Reply 2254
Can't decide whether four days is a painfully long period of time or a scarilly short period of time
Original post by alexberry
trying to forget about results day!!!

Does anyone know of any outdoor attractions with the family in the car after 10pm in the streets of london other than central london?

Sounds like a joke right...but im serious

Thanks

I Spy :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by needtosucceed=)
how did unit 3 go? I need a high A in this exam, nearly an a* to get an a overall :redface:

but if ive improved on resits of buss1+2 then I could probably get a B in buss4 and still be okay :smile:

Ah! i wish you the best of luck! Hopefully all went well. Unit 3 could have gone better but im hoping it went better than January. I got a low C in Jan so im really hoping for an improvement this time around.

How did you find unit 3? Better or worse than January?
Original post by SophieGloria
I keep recalculating how many UMS I need for each subject to get an A, just in case I made a mistake the other 100 times I have done it. I need to chill.

I do this too. It's strangely therapeutic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2258
Original post by MathsNerd1
Wow, I wish I could do that but instead I'll be going to the cinemas with some friends and then go out for a meal too :tongue:

My coach suggested I shoot longbow for a change as a bit of fun, so it should be pretty good :tongue: What are you going to see?
Reply 2259
The Universities have our results now. Oh feck..

Latest