The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by kingdoo
I am taking Geography, History and psychology and did take chemistry but found it so difficult and after Easter decided I would drop it. Better to get 3 good grades than 4 OK ones,:biggrin:

I hate Chemistry too, smart idea dropping it, wish I'd thought of that! :frown: But i'm definitely dropping it at A2!
Original post by SophieGloria
I keep recalculating how many UMS I need for each subject to get an A, just in case I made a mistake the other 100 times I have done it. I need to chill.

WHY HAVE I NOT DONE THIS YET!?

**runs off to calculate UMS marks I need to get my ABB offer**
Original post by Helen95
My coach suggested I shoot longbow for a change as a bit of fun, so it should be pretty good :tongue: What are you going to see?

Oh very nice :tongue: I'm thinking about seeing Kick ass 2 just to kill the time :biggrin:
Reply 2263
Original post by kevloui
The Universities have our results now. Oh feck..

How do you know?
Reply 2264
Not long to go now.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by popnit
Yeah no problem. Weep all you want my friend as long as I can use your shoulder after you've finished.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's if you can reach my shoulder :u:
Original post by kevloui

:zomg:
Reply 2267
Think I've made a mistake. My firm offer is AAB for law at Cardiff but I think I may have underestimated myself - if I come out with A*AA on Thursday can I upgrade? Or even AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haniie219
I hate Chemistry too, smart idea dropping it, wish I'd thought of that! :frown: But i'm definitely dropping it at A2!

Yeah I know that pretty much everyone who doesn't want to do medicine in my school want to drop it. Unless they hate maths or physics more.
But good luck to you who knows you may get a good grade in it. The only reason I dropped it is because I knew I didn't need it to do human geography:biggrin:
Original post by ChemistryChic
WHY HAVE I NOT DONE THIS YET!?

**runs off to calculate UMS marks I need to get my ABB offer**

For some subjects it is really comforting... and then for others, I've realised that getting the grades I need is next to impossible. Oh dear. :tongue:
Original post by Hodgey1
Think I've made a mistake. My firm offer is AAB for law at Cardiff but I think I may have underestimated myself - if I come out with A*AA on Thursday can I upgrade? Or even AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Search up, UCAS Adjustment!
Reply 2271
Original post by Hodgey1

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could try Adjustment? But unlikely to be many law places going, I would've thought.
Original post by kevloui

Ladies and gents of TSR . . . Godspeed.
May the almighty hedgehog smile favourably upon us this weekend.
Thinking happy thoughts to keep the exam reaper at bay . . .
:reaper:
Reply 2273
Original post by kingdoo
Yeah I know that pretty much everyone who doesn't want to do medicine in my school want to drop it. Unless they hate maths or physics more.
But good luck to you who knows you may get a good grade in it. The only reason I dropped it is because I knew I didn't need it to do human geography:biggrin:

Same here, but there's still quite a few people wanting to take it next year.
Thank you! I hope I got at least a C, either way, I'm dropping it!
Original post by kingdoo
Haha cheers:biggrin:. Well I am never going to get an A* didn't get one at GCSE's haha I just hope I have done enough for an ABB and then I won't care I will just be so happy haha lol :biggrin:. I am sure we both did fine but you can never tell at A levels it is so annoying. What is worse 3/4 of my year failed their January exams which I didn't have but makes me feel even worse.

Same I didn't have January exams so after doing my first 2 exams in June it was a huge wake up call hopefully I did pick it up. An I the only one who thinks that there will be a huge increase in students resitting year 12 since they won't receive the wake up call until June? Obviously there will still be a lot of students achieving great grades but only a few at my school actually done well in January exams with the majority getting fails or close to fails.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hodgey1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost certainly not. The Unis that offer AAA and A*AA are highly competitive, especially seen as it's law we're talking about. A*AA would be LSE and UCL. They're never in clearing lol.

EDIT: I would still try adjustment though.
(edited 10 years ago)

Chemistry is challenging but rewarding
Reply 2277
Thanks for the responses. Could be worth a look on results day if I do well, although I'm nervous as now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep on swinging from semi calm to about to drop dead erratic
Same here, but there's still quite a few people wanting to take it next year.
Thank you! I hope I got at least a C, either way, I'm dropping it!

If you get a C then it will be good to put on your UCAS form. I did the mock and got an E and a U and I was like lets pretend this never ever happened by dropping the subject. Leicester I thought was also good because it accepts general studies for most subjects. And although you may therefore be put off but if you took 3 A levels plus general studies you have a back up if everything goes wrong.

I would like also to point out before I forget that Leicester is not a Russell group uni. This may also seem bad but it is ranked 16 so it must be good. What I found out is that since it isn't a Russell group people automatically think it is a useless uni when it isn't. This makes it easier to get an offer for it as less people apply.:cool:

Latest