The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by Badman1231
Chemistry is challenging but rewarding

I haven't experienced the rewarding part yet :frown:
Original post by Badman1231
Chemistry is challenging but rewarding

The A level had too little maths involved. Apparently, top chemistry unis like Bristol, Warwick, York, imperial etc complain that their chemistry undergraduates are not as well equipped for mathematics and problem solving than they would like them to be. That goes for all of the science A levels; people get shocked at how mathematical their degree is because they exclusively took an aptitude for the qualitative stuff. Oh well.
Original post by Peakcasso
I keep on swinging from semi calm to about to drop dead erratic

Interesting. I keep on swinging from calm to not giving a ****. it's weird because I still constantly check this thread, yet I'm struggling to find any care for results day. Maybe a nice set of bad grades will wake me up.
Reply 2283
Didn't you guys know? UCAS stands for: U CANT ACCESS ****
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SW1X

That depends on your spelling.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Padouken
Interesting. I keep on swinging from calm to not giving a ****. it's weird because I still constantly check this thread, yet I'm struggling to find any care for results day. Maybe a nice set of bad grades will wake me up.

I'm swinging from worrisome:s-smilie: to crazy:crazy: to breakdown:cry:.
Reply 2286
Original post by kingdoo
If you get a C then it will be good to put on your UCAS form. I did the mock and got an E and a U and I was like lets pretend this never ever happened by dropping the subject. Leicester I thought was also good because it accepts general studies for most subjects. And although you may therefore be put off but if you took 3 A levels plus general studies you have a back up if everything goes wrong.

I would like also to point out before I forget that Leicester is not a Russell group uni. This may also seem bad but it is ranked 16 so it must be good. What I found out is that since it isn't a Russell group people automatically think it is a useless uni when it isn't. This makes it easier to get an offer for it as less people apply.:cool:

So I'm guessing you didn't take any January exams for chemistry? I did and got a C, 2 UMS marks away from a B :mad:.
Yes! I saw that Leicester accepts general studies and was also thinking that it'd be a good back up :smile:.
Unfortunately, their Law course is over subscribed, like most good universities, but perhaps not as over subscribed as the Russel Group universities! Good point!
Original post by SW1X

On results day: Useless Crumbling A***hole Servers?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by haniie219
So I'm guessing you didn't take any January exams for chemistry? I did and got a C, 2 UMS marks away from a B :mad:.
Yes! I saw that Leicester accepts general studies and was also thinking that it'd be a good back up :smile:.
Unfortunately, their Law course is over subscribed, like most good universities, but perhaps not as over subscribed as the Russel Group universities! Good point!

No I didn't do January exams (for any subject) and probably would have liked one or 2 to give me a feeling as to how hard you have to revise. Although I unlike most revised quite a bit for GCSE's (as I am not naturally bright) and then kinda continued to work so I didn't find AS levels as big of the step apart from Chemistry.

Also Law is really hard to get into anywhere but at Leicester it should be easier as it isn't a Russell group. And I don't think it matters that it isn't a Russell group as it is above really good ones such as Leeds and Southampton.:biggrin: This means I think students benefit from it being in the 1994 group as they have a better chance to get in:cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2289
Original post by ColourDog
Anyone else do psychology A (aqa)?
I felt PYSA3 went quite well, but I need an 'a' in that exam.... Not sure it will be an A if everyone else found it nice?

Yup. I did quite unexpectedly well on PYSA3, got 79/100 which was one mark off an A. I need to get at least a B or high C in PSYA4 to get a B overall and be accepted into my firm. - anyone else done PSYA4 this June?
It's so quiet here compared to last year :moon:
Reply 2291
Does anyone know any breathing exercises? Really need to calm the crap down.
Reply 2292
Original post by L'Evil Fish

it is :sadnod:
Original post by lilGem

Aah well, I'm sure it'll go through an explosive time the night before :lol:
Reply 2294
So scared about AS results on Thursday! Who else is waiting for results? Good luck!! :smile: What courses did you take? I took History, English lit, Classics and Psychology.
Original post by Sabeena
Yup. I did quite unexpectedly well on PYSA3, got 79/100 which was one mark off an A. I need to get at least a B or high C in PSYA4 to get a B overall and be accepted into my firm. - anyone else done PSYA4 this June?

I did :smile: I need a low about 51 ums to have an A overall and 93 for an A*.

It'd be lovely to have an A* but i'd rather have my B in maths which is what i really need. i'm so scared...:frown:

That's because we're all very chilled about Thursday :wink:
Reply 2297
Aah well, I'm sure it'll go through an explosive time the night before :lol:

During the early hours of the morning there was about 4 people max posting before 6am :yep: it normally increases exponentially around then :lol:
Original post by lilGem

It is the calm before the storm :colone:
Original post by ve_1995
So scared about AS results on Thursday! Who else is waiting for results? Good luck!! :smile: What courses did you take? I took History, English lit, Classics and Psychology.

Hey, I do maths chemistry economics and biology. I want to drop bio but as long as I get three A grades I'd be happy, even if its in bio because my school aren't that good with predicting you higher, they don't do it a lot. I'm gonna apply for maths and the arts and sciences course at UCL, what bout you? And weirdly, I'm not that nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest