The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DJMayes
Nerves for everything, not anything specific.

Oh okay then, I just thought you'd pretty much easily match the rest of your offer so the most worrying part would be STEP for you, anyway how's your summer been?
Original post by abzy1234
Breathe in deeply and count 1. Hold it in and then breath slowly out, counting one. Then again breathe in deeply, counting 2 and again breath out slowly counting 2. Repeat this until you get to 10. Try and focus solely on your breathing, but don't worry if your thoughts flow around; focus back on your breathing.

Be mindful and be attentive to your worries, say to yourself that it'll be alright. Remain optimistic! :smile:

Are you doing a degree in yoga?
Reply 2322
Original post by kingdoo
No I didn't do January exams (for any subject) and probably would have liked one or 2 to give me a feeling as to how hard you have to revise. Although I unlike most revised quite a bit for GCSE's (as I am not naturally bright) and then kinda continued to work so I didn't find AS levels as big of the step apart from Chemistry.

Also Law is really hard to get into anywhere but at Leicester it should be easier as it isn't a Russell group. And I don't think it matters that it isn't a Russell group as it is above really good ones such as Leeds and Southampton.:biggrin: This means I think students benefit from it being in the 1994 group as they have a better chance to get in:cool:

The only thing is that if you completely failed in a January exam, it still has to go on your UCAS application just like any other grade! I revised A LOT for that chemistry exam so was disappointed with a C even though a majority of people got Us :s-smilie:
Yeah, it's important that you have that hard work ethic from day one of A Levels, puts you at an advantage :smile:. Chemistry was a big step but English Lit is also completely different compared to GCSE!

Yes, that's very true! Being above Southampton etc on league tables is very reassuring. I didn't realise how good Leicester was until after doing some research to be honest!
who else isnt worried or nervous about results day and just want it to hurry up already
Original post by MathsNerd1
Same here and I decided to write down all the numbers I'll need for Thursday as it'll most likely be the case that I won't get my firm and I should be a lot more nervous considering my universities are dependent on these A levels but I'm still not worrying at all, my friends on the other hand are a complete mess right now :redface:

:lol: you'll be in your insurance at the least :tongue:

I wrote a list of all the modules I sat, my raw mark prediction, I'll do a UMS guess when the boundaries are out and see how far off I was!

It's nice not having uni stress, so I can spend time analysing :ahee:
Original post by garabacm
Are there any AQA economists on this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here. AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilGem
I think it was a page every 10 minutes with people posting their track updates and results :eek:

Show offs :wink:
Reply 2327
Is there anyone here who took the LITB1 exam?
Reply 2328
Original post by ve_1995
So scared about AS results on Thursday! Who else is waiting for results? Good luck!! :smile: What courses did you take? I took History, English lit, Classics and Psychology.

Also waiting for History and Eng Lit. Good Luck !!:smile:
Reply 2329
Original post by abzy1234
Breathe in deeply and count 1. Hold it in and then breath slowly out, counting one. Then again breathe in deeply, counting 2 and again breath out slowly counting 2. Repeat this until you get to 10. Try and focus solely on your breathing, but don't worry if your thoughts flow around; focus back on your breathing.

Be mindful and be attentive to your worries, say to yourself that it'll be alright. Remain optimistic! :smile:

Thank you so much :smile: really helped a lot!
Stop worrying guys, we're all going to get laid!
mqdefault.jpg
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: you'll be in your insurance at the least :tongue:

I wrote a list of all the modules I sat, my raw mark prediction, I'll do a UMS guess when the boundaries are out and see how far off I was!

It's nice not having uni stress, so I can spend time analysing :ahee:

Yeah pretty much unless I completely screwed up my Chemistry somehow but I very much doubt that :tongue: And very nice I'll just look at a few grade boundaries and go from them really, either 1 or 2 A*'s will be discovered on Wednesday :tongue:
Original post by annemariemoore
I did eating behaviour and relationships too! I thought they were quite interesting, perception sounds horrible! :tongue: I did addiction and schizophrenia too, words cannot describe the relief I felt when I saw biological explanations of schizophrenia on that paper. :lol:

It was horrible! Haha. And oh God, same! I hope I did ok on SZ because I totally messed up addiction! Can't wait to see the mark scheme on Weds :smile:
Original post by Badman1231
who else isnt worried or nervous about results day and just want it to hurry up already

My feeling for results day is best described as curious. ​Maybe the nerves kick in closer to the date? Actually, they probably will.
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah pretty much unless I completely screwed up my Chemistry somehow but I very much doubt that :tongue: And very nice I'll just look at a few grade boundaries and go from them really, either 1 or 2 A*'s will be discovered on Wednesday :tongue:

Why not 3? If you improved chemistry it's likely to be an A* over an A?

Lucky you! Boundaries before results day:tongue:
Reply 2335
Original post by Ndella
I'm happy we have a strictly AS thread, most people were talking about firms and all that so the confusion for me is gone lol. I'm really concerned I won't pass history as I would like to study it at uni, and I didn't even finish :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yeah I found history quite hard this year, it was nothing like gcse :frown: And I have a feeling I may have failed it because I couldn't fully answer one of the long essay questions, I just rambled on about the same point for a page and a bit, which isn't going to get me any marks :/ Anyway if you haven't got the grade you need then remember you can retake! Good luck though :smile:
Original post by ve_1995
Hi, ah cool. Haha well that's good, at least you're fairly confident about your results. I'm not really sure how my exams went. I think they were all alright apart from history. I'm going to drop history though anyway. And I want to study Psychology at hopefully Warwick or York :smile:

Oh I hate history :frown: and nice choices, york looks good, applying there too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
I'm happy we have a strictly AS thread, most people were talking about firms and all that so the confusion for me is gone lol. I'm really concerned I won't pass history as I would like to study it at uni, and I didn't even finish :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I hated that it was all about getting into firms, however there is the year 12 thread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Padouken
The A level had too little maths involved. Apparently, top chemistry unis like Bristol, Warwick, York, imperial etc complain that their chemistry undergraduates are not as well equipped for mathematics and problem solving than they would like them to be. That goes for all of the science A levels; people get shocked at how mathematical their degree is because they exclusively took an aptitude for the qualitative stuff. Oh well.

If you apply to Durham you have to have get at least an A in A level Maths... It's part of their conditional offers.

Edit: This is for chemistry btw :smile:
Reply 2339
Okey. The pressure has just kicked in. I was wondering why I wasn't getting it. But one dream changed it all. Dying.

Latest