The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by InadequateJusticex
They have until wednesday to decide but apparently they make most of their decisions by monday

Thanks. Wow, this is making the wait even more unbearable now. They know what we have...and we can't do a damn thing about it until Thursday! :'(
Original post by Thatstudentdude
Thanks. Wow, this is making the wait even more unbearable now. They know what we have...and we can't do a damn thing about it until Thursday! :'(

Argh, I know right! I wish they could just tell us like now if we got in or not :frown:
Argh, I know right! I wish they could just tell us like now if we got in or not :frown:

Bloody nuisance! Exactly - what's with all this waiting? It should be as soon as they make a decision, let us know! :tongue: ...but I guess we can dream on.
Reply 2523
Nothing beats passing time like playing Pokemon HeartGold :awesome:
Reply 2524
Original post by Sannn

Ah you've just made me want to play. I must get my emulator up and running!
Original post by Sannn

Original post by olliehus

Those two posts totally inspired me to go and dig out my old DS and open that Pokemon White someone bought me ages ago. :biggrin:
Bloody nuisance! Exactly - what's with all this waiting? It should be as soon as they make a decision, let us know! :tongue: ...but I guess we can dream on.

Well its not too long now...the hard part is trying not to think about it :redface:
Reply 2527
Original post by Sannn

Original post by taintedCH
Those two posts totally inspired me to go and dig out my old DS and open that Pokemon White someone bought me ages ago. :biggrin:

So seeing as there are 3 of us, which is your all time favourite starter pokemon?
So seeing as there are 3 of us, which is your all time favourite starter pokemon?

Haha I have neglected PokΓ©mon for such a long time! I used to like the red lizard one, Charmander or something?
Reply 2529

Go for it! I'm using DSeume, but HeartGold/SoulSilver ROMS are prone to frequently crashing. This is because Nintendo knows about piracy and makes the ROMs freeze on emulator. It's still playable - I'm at the 8th Johto gym atm, but you just need to save frequently. Not sure about other emulators, though!

It's a tough one! I'm tempted to say Squirtle for nostalgia sake (I always go with the water starters), but Piplup has the coolest final form. Empoleon > all the other starters in their final forms :P Yourself?
Reply 2530
Original post by Sannn
It's a tough one! I'm tempted to say Squirtle for nostalgia sake (I always go with the water starters), but Piplup has the coolest final form. Empoleon > all the other starters in their final forms :P Yourself?

Ahah I have also always loved the water types, and yeah like you I would say squirtle for the same reason, but I prefer Mudkip, because who wouldn't want a badass swampert? :L
Reply 2531
Ahah I have also always loved the water types, and yeah like you I would say squirtle for the same reason, but I prefer Mudkip, because who wouldn't want a badass swampert? :L

Yeah, my favourite types are electric, dark, water and fire :smile: I like all of the water starters in their final form. Swampert looks great, and its immunity to electricity is superb. Gotta love Empoleon's steel/water combo that grants it 11 resistances though :')
Well its not too long now...the hard part is trying not to think about it :redface:

Far easier said than done, however! :biggrin: I am working Monday and Tuesday though. That should help pass the week.
Original post by DavidM95
Anyone else with CCEA and getting their results online?

I am for maths, geography, physics, and further maths. :smile:
Original post by DJMayes
It's an insane record to try to beat; the girl achieved full UMS in 7 modules, 98 in 2, 97 in another 2 and 92 in the last. However, the most insane thing is that she was rejected from Oxford (Got into Warwick though with a 1 in STEP I) as her scores are the highest I've ever seen before.

Cheers, you too! We should both hopefully know at midnight though due to STEP, which could be both a blessing and a curse.

Dang! It's crazy to think that even with those grades someone got rejected. Do you know the reason for rejection? As I'm considering applying there :redface:

Original post by joy_to_the_world
I really should let it go but i can't. What i'd really love is for someone to post a copy of the M2 paper so i can do some predictions.

I'll probably make a thread about it tomorrow. Chances are no-one will reply as WJEC is such a ****ty exam board.

It's in moments like this i wish i was doing edexcel. Okay maybe not...

Edexcel C3 and M2 says hi :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Far easier said than done, however! :biggrin: I am working Monday and Tuesday though. That should help pass the week.

So lucky...i was meant to get a job after my exams ended but i dont know what happened, oops. The wait is excruciating when you have nothing to do :cry: may have to sneak to a different city for a day by myself to pass time :cool:
Reply 2536
When do schools actually get our results, a day before?? :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unashamed Geek
I am for maths, geography, physics, and further maths. :smile:

Oh did you do as geog??
So lucky...i was meant to get a job after my exams ended but i dont know what happened, oops. The wait is excruciating when you have nothing to do :cry: may have to sneak to a different city for a day by myself to pass time :cool:

Ah, well that's unfortunate! Though if you're going to uni, you would've had to leave it anyway wouldn't you? I have work Thursday morning at 11....SO, I'll either be going in and pratically handing out free items to customers OR I'll be wrapping the plastic bags around their necks. Could go either way that morning.

What've you been doing for the rest of the holidays to pass time?! Ha!
Ah, well that's unfortunate! Though if you're going to uni, you would've had to leave it anyway wouldn't you? I have work Thursday morning at 11....SO, I'll either be going in and pratically handing out free items to customers OR I'll be wrapping the plastic bags around their necks. Could go either way that morning.

What've you been doing for the rest of the holidays to pass time?! Ha!

Yeah so I had mixed feelings about it..then again I could always find a job at my uni city! Haha where do you work? If I were I wouldnt even be doing either, i'd be dead :s-smilie:

God knows. Bits and bobs really...my summer is so dead :lol: went out a couple of times, explored london more (lived here for 8 years and I didnt know how truly beautiful london could be, oops), cooking to prepare for uni and stuffing myself with that aha. You? Everyones having amazing summers it makes me depressed man

Latest