The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by aferej
Did anyone here do Psychology AQA A or History OCR A? How confident are you all feeling?

AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We get our results 6am in the morning via School email :eek:

Buts also good as I wont be having my teachers around asking what I got! :damnmate:
Original post by garabacm
I'd say that Business economics is easier than the Unit 4 module, which I'd pre-warn now is ridiculously hard. I got AA in unit 1&2, then first time doing unit 3 & 4 in January I got C and a U. Lot of hard work ahead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah it's that hard. Let alone the fact that its boring. Now I'm not sure whether to drop biology or economics :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2563
Just woke up from a dream that I got into my firm :frown:
Reply 2564
Just woke up from my second results dream
Reply 2565
Original post by SoRo
Just woke up from a dream that I got into my firm :frown:

It's a sign not just a dream.:cool:

Those who dream that they don't get in remember it's only a dream.
Reply 2566
Original post by HarryAlexSmith
Sport and Exercise Science :smile:

how about you??

Maths and physics hopefully!
best of luck with your results!
Reply 2567
Little heads up:
Your uni knows whether or not you're in.
You don't.
Yet.
Original post by Cwestby
Maths and physics hopefully!
best of luck with your results!

Cool! What grades do you need for that?
I need AAA! Confident you'll get what you need?? :smile:

thank you! Good luck to you as well!
Original post by Tuya
Little heads up:
Your uni knows whether or not you're in.
You don't.
Yet.

For some reason I feel more relaxed about it now that the universities already know. I think it makes it feel more like "what will be will be" thing because our fates are already decided :tongue:
Original post by Peakcasso
For the past 2 days I've woken up at 7.30am thinking it's results day, damn you body clock!

That happened to me every single day for two weeks before I got my results. I'm looking down at all the stress symptoms everyone has and I had all of these and more. I wrote the book on how to deal with the buildup to results. Try to take your mind off it!! :smile:
Reply 2571
Original post by joy_to_the_world
I did :smile: I need a low about 51 ums to have an A overall and 93 for an A*.

It'd be lovely to have an A* but i'd rather have my B in maths which is what i really need. i'm so scared...:frown:

Hopefully you'll get your A maybe even an A* :smile: best of luck!
Reply 2572
Original post by Exotica-xo
yes actually did the exam, what topics did you do? i did the biological therapy one and the media- intense fandom and tv adversting. the research methods went awfully wrong :frown:

I did the same topics :smile: Schizophrenia & Media.. I was so happy seeing Biological therapies! & I was lucky that intense fandom was still fresh in my head from having revised it a day and two beforehand. Research methods was alright as I wa more prepared for this compared to PSYA3 :tongue:

Original post by ColourDog
I did PSYA4 as a retake! :L
If I haven't done any better in PSYA4 I need 1 mark into an 'a' in PSYA3 to get a B overall.

I'm not sure :/

Ohh right, hope you get your A then :smile:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
Ohhh i see thats cool :smile: how did ur exams go?

exams went well,only because i actually put so much effort into them.Generally every exam was good,bar 2 - MEI Maths C2 and MEI maths S1. Two exams where I've under-performed on like mad :frown:
Original post by Liquid Gold.
Dang! It's crazy to think that even with those grades someone got rejected. Do you know the reason for rejection? As I'm considering applying there :redface:

I don't know 100% but I would guess she didn't do as well on the MAT as I don't think she got to interview and I think she was fine in all other areas of her application. Oxford wouldn't have seen her near perfect UMS either which is a shame.
The Truth is Guys , I'm not worried Enough!!
That''s why i came here today, to perhaps share your Worry in a sense :/
Is this a Good thing?

-Waiting for As results -
Reply 2576
I work in a newsagent and I've already been asked 4 times this morning if I'm looking forward to Thursday and I've only been in an hour :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR,I deeply beg you to lower grade boundaries! Especially MEI,Biology and Chemistry!!!
Reply 2578
The thought of grade boundaries is seriously freaking me out
Reply 2579
Original post by ColourDog
I know! :/ My teachers were useless markers too.... One told me 'they dont give out a's just because' and then would write us example answers that were unrealistically long! So who knows how i've done really :L PSYA4 didn't go great, but to be fair, I was an idiot and didn't revise....

Good luck to you :smile:

Exactly the same with my teachers! They would give model answers and it was so unrealistic. My two teachers were so different, I could give them the same essay and get conpletley different marks!