The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh :lol:

Sleep. Just stay at home actually, want some rest. Browse some grad med courses :colone:

You?

I think I've given up on him:frown:

remember this time last year I was trying to get 50+ push-ups before school started? :lol: ..now I struggle to get to 30 :rofl:

yeah many things are more important than academia :s-smilie:
Original post by Jatz07
Hey mate, how are you?

Are you looking forward to A-level Results day? :smile:

Jatz

Hey, I'm not bad thanks! You?

Kinda...I want to know how I've done so badly but I'm scared about how I've done. :tongue:
Original post by Jatz07
Did anyone else do ocr gcse biology b4 , b5, b6 this year and the exam went completely horrendous? (apart from l'evil fish) :biggrin: :biggrin:

To be honest, as long as my grades are A*/A , I'll be happy because we can't change our results lol ... and I'm sure everyone else will feel the same too :smile:

We all worked hard and should be happy for the amount of hard work we put in.

So, back to discussion... I hear rumours everyone is going to stay up the night of Results Day ?

Jatz

I'm gonna stay up and watch like 10 films I have downloaded just for th occasion, all horror :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
lol no, I'm talking about previous experience with GCSEs... :biggrin:

Hehe, 11 days to go!! This is intense... How are you opening your results? Like in front of your friends or at school??

What A-levels are you doing this year?

Jatz

I'm gonna chew the envelope open, likely hood is I will be to emotional to give a jack about everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm only getting one result, my core science and I can't help feeling extremely apprehensive. I'm 90% sure I'm on the A/A* border but the fact that I don't actually know really bothers me... And I feel a bit stupid for worrying about one result when all you year 11s are getting loads of results...
Original post by Dalek1099
Nothing is more important than Academia, it determines who is the best.I am very upset that I have calculated that I only have a 1 in 25 chance of achieving an A* Baccalaureate(A*s in English Language,Maths,2 Sciences,History or Geography and a modern foreign language), which I tried so hard to get because I really think I failed the Geography exam and will only get an A overall.

I have a first class Masters' degree in chemistry and don't go round showing it off, so for you to be concerned about who is the 'best' at GCSEs is plain ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
I'm only getting one result, my core science and I can't help feeling extremely apprehensive. I'm 90% sure I'm on the A/A* border but the fact that I don't actually know really bothers me... And I feel a bit stupid for worrying about one result when all you year 11s are getting loads of results...

I think I'm borderline A/A* for lots of my results too. I have a feeling I'll get quite a few As that are only a couple of marks away from A*s :frown: ...how frustrating!
Good luck for your A*! And if you have just missed out by a few marks, you can always get a remark.

Last year we were also all worrying for our year 10 results. It doesn't matter how many results you're getting, it's only natural to be anxious :smile:
Original post by paradoxicalme
Argh less than 2 weeks argh...

I'm still slightly miffed that my English Language descriptive writing question was literally almost identical to the one I was given in my SATs in Year 6.

Seriously?! Do you know how much creative writing I was doing to procrastinate and trying to pass it off as revision?! I might as well have just gone on Angry Birds!

Haha lol :smile: Whoa how do you remember your SATS? All I remember is a science question with a picture of a penguin :penguinhug: Omg lol I did that sometimes as well; normally I have the occasional habit of making sentences too long...yeah, I made sure they were like a paragraph long in my 'revision' :lol:
Original post by sr234
oops sorry! That's still an excellent grade :smile:, how did you find Language? The topics for writing were quite predictable I thought! Im still worried because I think the grade boundaries are going to be high:s-smilie:

Aw thanks :smile: What about yourself? Yeah I was so happy when a describing question came up. Thing is I did the exam in January, and got 62 which was the highest in the year (apparently), but according to last year's grade boundaries when my teacher added up all the CAs and this score I was at a very high A...very close to the boundary. This time I think I had a lot more structure to my writing; thanks to mr bruff!
Original post by HeyThereHarry
I think I'm borderline A/A* for lots of my results too. I have a feeling I'll get quite a few As that are only a couple of marks away from A*s :frown: ...how frustrating!
Good luck for your A*! And if you have just missed out by a few marks, you can always get a remark.

Last year we were also all worrying for our year 10 results. It doesn't matter how many results you're getting, it's only natural to be anxious :smile:

Aw thank you and good luck to you too!

I can't wait till results day but then it'll only be a week until school haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone care to make their own predictions, not what the school predicts! Please be as realistic as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lolface32
Anyone care to make their own predictions, not what the school predicts! Please be as realistic as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

School predictions/My predictions
Maths:A* (already got)
RE:A* (already got)
Physics: A/A
Biology:A/A*
Chemistry:A/B
History:A/A
German:A/B
English lit:A/A
English Lang: A/A
Electronics:A/B
ICT: Distinction (Coursework, I already know but it's not official).

I am a bit of a pessimist, I find it easier to expect the worse and to be pleasantly surprised!
Original post by Its Andy
School predictions/My predictions
Maths:A* (already got)
RE:A* (already got)
Physics: A/A
Biology:A/A*
Chemistry:A/B
History:A/A
German:A/B
English lit:A/A
English Lang: A/A
Electronics:A/B
ICT: Distinction (Coursework, I already know but it's not official).

I am a bit of a pessimist, I find it easier to expect the worse and to be pleasantly surprised!

Maths: A/B English Lit: A*/A English Lang: A (achieved) Biology: A*/A. Chemistry: A. Physics: A French: C ( ugh) History: A Geography: A/B R.E: B. Looking back into year 10 I realised if I took GCSE's seriously I would have done better, wont make the same mistake in sixth form -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2453
I can't even say what I predict myself to get, because I'm too scared I'll think I've done well and then walk in on results day and see I've done worse or something!

Really, I'll be happy if I meet my predicted grades. I tried my best to do better (even in bloody English Lit - I'm doubting I'll even get my predicted grade in that one!), but what will be will be, right?
Original post by chloe--
I can't even say what I predict myself to get, because I'm too scared I'll think I've done well and then walk in on results day and see I've done worse or something!

Really, I'll be happy if I meet my predicted grades. I tried my best to do better (even in bloody English Lit - I'm doubting I'll even get my predicted grade in that one!), but what will be will be, right?

Be a little optimistic :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
School predictions my predictions

Maths: A* (already got)
Humanities: A* (already got)
Physics: A* A*
English language: A* A/A*
English literature: A* A/A*
Computing: A* A/A*
Spanish: A* A/A*
RS: A* A/A*
Geography: A* A/A*
Biology: A A
Chemistry: A A
Sport: Distinction (already got)
IT: Distinction (already got)

I feel like I've jinxed it now haha
Original post by lolface32

Posted from TSR Mobile

School Predictions:Own Predictions

English language A:A
English literature A:A
Maths A achieved
Biology A:A*
Chemistry A*:A/A*
Physics A*:A
French A*:A*
Spanish A*:A*
Dance B:A
History A*:A*