The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PythianLegume
You don't need individual module grades for UCAS. However, you should get the UMS scores and grades for each module you took.

Original post by Aidn
Hi,

Does anyone know if we get our individual results for AS like for each module? Last year for my GCSE results I only got my overall grades but don't we need our actual individual unit grades for AS to complete out the UCAS form?

Thanks,

you do have to put individual unit grades down as well as overall grades. if you're resitting a module next summer then you put 'pending' otherwise you have to tell them what you got for each exam. Thats what my school made us do anyways :/
Reply 2641
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Always makes me chuckle..

399784_10151619961490086_1993470391_n.png

Woah what's up with the negs?! :lolwut:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aah, I see! So where do you want to be after Cambridge?:smile:

I don't really know yet, I just think the course is interesting. I might do a PGCE, do a masters/PhD, see whhat jobs are available in the education sector.

Original post by needtosucceed=)
you do have to put individual unit grades down as well as overall grades. if you're resitting a module next summer then you put 'pending' otherwise you have to tell them what you got for each exam. Thats what my school made us do anyways :/

Your school might have made you do that, but the fields for modules are definitely non-compulsory and are clearly marked as such.
Why wouldn't I be? :curious:

Education with Physical Sciences (oh yeh, that one :colone: )

What will the students say when a legume starts teaching them? :lol:
Original post by Gilgamesh
I'm in my AS year. Say if I don't get at least aaa, will I be able to apply to unis that are at least AAA?

As long as your predicted grades are aaa then yea :smile:
Reply 2645
Original post by 06bmabbutt
I got AABB at AS and got an offer from Oxford for 3As this year...I did a biology retake and brought one of my Bs up to an A in January but my offer came before I got the retake results :smile:

This is brilliant. You brightened up my day :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by Arva
Woah what's up with the negs?! :lolwut:

Diabetics who can't take a joke :rolleyes:

Original post by AspiringGenius
What will the students say when a legume starts teaching them? :lol:

The character who used the name PythianLegume was genetically engineered to be the most intelligent person on Earth...he wasn't an actual bean, he was just called Bean :P

(And it's not a teaching course :angry: )
I don't really know yet, I just think the course is interesting. I might do a PGCE, do a masters/PhD, see whhat jobs are available in the education sector.

Your school might have made you do that, but the fields for modules are definitely non-compulsory and are clearly marked as such.

ohhh I see, fair enough! I suppose if you don't put them down unis might think you didn't do so well on individual exams/ or you can show off if you did do well lol.
thanks, good luck to you too as well :biggrin: ah really, I got a B in unit 3 in jan (scraped it, got 70/100) but didn't choose to resit it as it was a clash with my final chemistry exam (which was 2 hours long) so i resat 1+2 instead which went okay.
do you need an A overall? :smile:

yeah i need an A but i don't think i will get it. I have never had a perfect results day. There is always one or two subjects which ruin it haha.
Original post by Infamous12
yeah i need an A but i don't think i will get it. I have never had a perfect results day. There is always one or two subjects which ruin it haha.

did u get an A at as, that could bring ur points up? ahah me too, hopefully not this time tho :smile:

So you aren't gonna be a teacher?:tongue:
did u get an A at as, that could bring ur points up? ahah me too, hopefully not this time tho :smile:

I got a B. I think i will need two very high A's (pretty much two A*) in units 3 and 4 to get an A overall :s-smilie: .
So you aren't gonna be a teacher?:tongue:

I said I might do a PGCE - that's a teaching qualification.
Original post by Tuya
Any Cambridge firmers around? If so, what college? And subject?

Emmanuel MML :smile:
Reply 2654
Diabetics who can't take a joke :rolleyes:

The character who used the name PythianLegume was genetically engineered to be the most intelligent person on Earth...he wasn't an actual bean, he was just called Bean :P

(And it's not a teaching course :angry: )

Yeah but... Five of them? :lol: I expect they all have no rep power, so I probably balanced it out.

It's not a teaching course? Out of curiosity why did you choose an education degree if not to teach or coordinate the teaching of a subject?
I said I might do a PGCE - that's a teaching qualification.

I meant... Dw :tongue:
Original post by Buongiorno

Sto imparando l'italiano :colone: I'm learning Italian, which languages are you going to do?
Original post by Infamous12
I got a B. I think i will need two very high A's (pretty much two A*) in units 3 and 4 to get an A overall :s-smilie: .

well its possible, stay positive :smile: i think in unit 4 to get a*s its roughly 33/40 on each essay.
use this ums converter to work out what u need on each exam if you want :smile:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums
Reply 2657
Not planning on applying there, but I've been told that apparently Derby uni is having an open day on results day, i'd love to see the turn out
Reply 2658
Original post by Buongiorno

I WISH TO APPLY FOR EMMANUEL! Lovely, lovely!

The greatest luck!
🙌😁🌟

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sto imparando l'italiano :colone: I'm learning Italian, which languages are you going to do?

Spanish and German actually haha :biggrin: what are you hoping to do? Sorry if you've said it already!

Original post by Ché.
I WISH TO APPLY FOR EMMANUEL! Lovely, lovely!

The greatest luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww thank you so much! If you have any questions at all, send them my way. I'd be more than happy to help! x
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest