The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2700
I really hope that someone starts a fake AQA/OCR twitter account again!, it was soooo funny in March! Someone do it please!, I'll follow you!

Why the neg? It was sooooo funny!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AspiringGenius
I'm confused... all I know is legumes have nitrogen fixing bacteria :confused:

I'm sorry fi I offended :s-smilie: I only thought it was because my friend ho wanted to be a teacher went for it and i couldn't think of any other reason why someone would study it :redface:

Yes, that is a legume. But the name PythianLegume is an online alias briefly used by the character Bean in Orson Scott Card's Shadow Saga (related to the Ender Saga - you might have heard of Ender's Game, which is coming out as a movie later this year).

Did your friend go for the Cambridge course, or another education course? Because many education courses are vocational and aimed at people who want to be primary school teachers.
Original post by needtosucceed=)
yep not long at all! good luck :biggrin:

Thanks, you too! :biggrin:
Original post by PythianLegume
It probably means they mark harshly. For my English Lit AS, the grade for an A was about 55/60%, and the boundaries for essay subjects rarely go above 70% - it's because there is no correct answer, and they want to leave it open for top marks. Grade boundaries show very little about how easy a subject is.

Kinda what I figured. Geography I know is definitely not an easy subject because it includes both science skills with physical and social science with human. I am now nervous because I didn't find the AS exam extremely difficult just difficult in parts but they may mark harshly.:rolleyes:
To think the universities have our results with them at the moment.:eek:
It probably means they mark harshly. For my English Lit AS, the grade for an A was about 55/60%, and the boundaries for essay subjects rarely go above 70% - it's because there is no correct answer, and they want to leave it open for top marks. Grade boundaries show very little about how easy a subject is.

Can I ask what exam board your English Lit was? For my board it's been like 54/84 for an A one year, yet I hear many horror stories about people only getting Ds after getting high marks in mocks etc :frown:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
:eek::eek:

the official price for an a level resit is £20 across all exam boards. can't believe your school are taking that much off you :O

Yh i know , but they're privately funded , so they do as they please really :frown::frown:
Original post by kingdoo
Kinda what I figured. Geography I know is definitely not an easy subject because it includes both science skills with physical and social science with human. I am now nervous because I didn't find the AS exam extremely difficult just difficult in parts but they may mark harshly.:rolleyes:

Original post by Lucy96
Can I ask what exam board your English Lit was? For my board it's been 46/84 for an A one year, yet I hear many horror stories about people only getting Ds after getting high marks in mocks etc :frown:

I did AQA lit B - it sounds like the exam you've done. Lots of people do come out with shock results, and I was one of them - I got 120/120. I thought English was going to be my worst AS, and it turned out to be my best :biggrin: . If you think you did well in the exam, then you probably did do well - don't panic!
Reply 2708
Original post by LegendX
scary isn't it:frown:
Is Edexcel ResultsPlus down for everyone else?
Reply 2710
what grades are you all expecting??
I did AQA lit B - it sounds like the exam you've done. Lots of people do come out with shock results, and I was one of them - I got 120/120. I thought English was going to be my worst AS, and it turned out to be my best :biggrin: . If you think you did well in the exam, then you probably did do well - don't panic!

Yeah that's the one I've done! And wow, that's absolutely amazing :tongue: That must have felt great! Sadly I don't think I did, I didn't manage my time well and had barely any time on the 42 marker, I hated the choice of questions and basically wrote a load of rubbish because I panicked. Dreading this result more than anything :tongue:

Thank you for a bit of reassurance :biggrin:
Original post by Tuya
Any Cambridge firmers around? If so, what college? And subject?

Magdalene - Psychology. Feeling terrified. :eek:
Look guys, if you don't get what you want, just say this to your teachers on Thursday (Just a little humour, because i'm trying to think positive) 😂ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376223092.710209.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2714
Original post by chloels
what grades are you all expecting??

a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*b:e
Reply 2715
Jokes if this reaches 500 pages too lol.
Yes, that is a legume. But the name PythianLegume is an online alias briefly used by the character Bean in Orson Scott Card's Shadow Saga (related to the Ender Saga - you might have heard of Ender's Game, which is coming out as a movie later this year).

Did your friend go for the Cambridge course, or another education course? Because many education courses are vocational and aimed at people who want to be primary school teachers.

oh right :lol:

No, he didn't go for education in the end and settled for a science degree at a RG uni (not Oxbridge). Out of interest, can you outline the differences between the cambridge education course and a vocational teaching course. I ahve never researched it.
Anybody know when the edexcel results plus direct thing updates?
Reply 2718
Original post by LegendX

Really?!! I thought that they only got them the day before like our schools do? :eek:
Original post by adi19956
This is brilliant. You brightened up my day :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I'm glad :biggrin: Also (I'm not saying this in a big headed way!) I also got 3A offers from Sheffield, Nottingham and Warwick and an AAB from UEA. Whatever you get, don't let teachers dictate whether or not you "can" apply for a university, it's your decision and if you think you can make the offer, even if your ASs were a bit lower, go for it!! If I'd listened to my teacher I wouldn't have applied for Oxford! :biggrin:

Latest