The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringGenius
oh right :lol:

No, he didn't go for education in the end and settled for a science degree at a RG uni (not Oxbridge). Out of interest, can you outline the differences between the cambridge education course and a vocational teaching course. I ahve never researched it.

The Cambridge course is academic - it focuses on 4 key disciplines in education - the psychology, philosophy, sociology and history of education. It aims to teach the theoretical basis of education, not teach how to teach.
Reply 2721
Original post by 002
Really?!! I thought that they only got them the day before like our schools do? :eek:

nope they get them the weekend before!! They already know our fates D:
Original post by kevsamuel
Is Edexcel ResultsPlus down for everyone else?

Yes :frown:
Original post by PythianLegume
The Cambridge course is academic - it focuses on 4 key disciplines in education - the psychology, philosophy, sociology and history of education. It aims to teach the theoretical basis of education, not teach how to teach.

Are you wanting to become a teacher at the end of it?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Anybody know when the edexcel results plus direct thing updates?

6AM BST
Original post by Tuya
:eek: What college? And what subject?
I'll take it isn't medicine:biggrin:

History at LMH, I applied to Merton but had an interview at LMH and they gave me an offer :biggrin: My advice for anyone wanting to apply to Oxford but not sure they could make it...Just do it! You may end up pleasantly surprised (even if you think they must have made a mistake like I've convinced myself! :P) and even if you don't get an offer, you're whole application gets sent earlier as most schools will prioritise Oxbridge/medicine/vet applications :smile:
Original post by Ecawthorn
Ah yeah, I think the boundaries for Jan 2012 were 39 for a B, so hopefully they won't move below 42 ish I'm thinking? Cos I think they'll go up cos 39 seems very low even though the boundaries seem to be really low for lit. I just hope I've got a B even though I know it's unlikely, cos I ran out of time and hardly wrote anything for the books, but I think there was more marks for the poetry side! Did you do Gatsby?
Good luck anyway:smile:

I did Gatsby, Kite Runner, Browning and Hardy at AS, and Faustus, Macbeth, The Bloody Chamber and Wuthering Heights at A2 :smile:
I'm sure you'll be fine! And if not, there's always the resit :smile:
Good luck to you too!
Original post by chloels
what grades are you all expecting??

Hopefully AAAAB or AAABB

(AS Student)
Original post by 002
a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*a*b:e

bah clearly underestimating himself :tongue:
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Anybody know when the edexcel results plus direct thing updates?

6am Thursday I believe :smile:
Reply 2730
Original post by chloels
nope they get them the weekend before!! They already know our fates D:

Oh my god, now im really worried! Is there a chance they will email us to infirm/ withdraw our offers before we get our results?
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
6AM BST

Original post by 06bmabbutt
6am Thursday I believe :smile:

Thanks
Who has poor handwriting I think that is what is going to let me down a bit this year. If I get a U it is probably because they gave up trying to read my essays.:eek:
Original post by LegendX
To think the universities have our results with them at the moment.:eek:

The idea is scary as hell! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey can someone help me? Basically I retook an a level at my sixthform in my gap year and applied through ucas through them as well but they counted me as an external candidate and say I can't pick up my results from them on the day and have to wait for them to get mailed to me. I have tried contacting them but they are not replying.

I don't think I got my grades for my offer but if I wake up and see the unsucessful and have to go through clearing, would it put me at a disadvantage to wait the 2/3 days for my results before I can start applying to other choices? I am so worried. I know it's first come first served or something so I dunno what to do. :frown:

Help pls.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Oh did you do as geog??

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking :s-smilie:
Original post by sneha.vag
The idea is scary as hell! :s-smilie:
Agreed, also the foreign students know if they're in or not, they even have their accommodation assigned
Original post by needtosucceed=)
you do have to put individual unit grades down as well as overall grades. if you're resitting a module next summer then you put 'pending' otherwise you have to tell them what you got for each exam. Thats what my school made us do anyways :/

Hold up! If you resat an AS exam but didn't tell UCAS, because you didn't believe you could get a better grade e.t.c or because you submitted your form before you got your result or made up your mind, do you have to tell them what grade you got?!?! Because I just thought it would be added to the A2 grade and given to UCAS/ my firm uni! :eek: I think I'm about to have a panic attack right now :eek:
Reply 2738
is it just me or is this last week taking forever........................I mean we went from saying 14 DAYS TO GO to 7 Days to go, really quickly but now its just dragging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
:eek::eek:

the official price for an a level resit is £20 across all exam boards. can't believe your school are taking that much off you :O

Are you sure? My college was charging 30 pounds (or more for practical exams) per retake as well.

Latest