The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Libertyrose95
I've heard that the official up-to-date clearing list is published on the UCAS website from midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Is this true?

The Scottish clearing places appeared just after midnight this week, there was a slight delay. I believe they'll put up the first version of the full clearing list around the same time on thursday morning.

There should be a UCAS update on that closer to the time though.
Original post by TauMuon
I know you're probably being sarcastic, but ARE THERE any courses with that offer? I'd heard some chemical engineering courses could have nasty entrance requirements, but 3A*s seems insane...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I saw University of Manchester require 3 A*s for their Physics and Astronomy course or something, and also some of Durham's courses come quite close too, for Maths or Physics or Chemistry I think. Wouldn't know about any other subjects though

EDIT: Just checked Manchester, got it wrong
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2762
does anyone else think that when the grade boundaries are released on Monday they will be able to tell from it if they got into their firm or not-------because I think I just might:confused::rolleyes:
Reply 2763
Original post by TauMuon
I know you're probably being sarcastic, but ARE THERE any courses with that offer? I'd heard some chemical engineering courses could have nasty entrance requirements, but 3A*s seems insane...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pembroke College, Cambridge gave someone I know an offer for 3 A*s and an A this year for Chemical Engineering through the NatSci Tripos.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So can people just learn one in depth?

You have to speak about two cultural topics in the A2 speaking exam, so as long as you prepare for both for your speaking exam, you can concentrate on just one for your writing. That's what I did.
Original post by Tackla
a-120
a*-140

:d

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoseBrilliante
I think I saw University of Manchester require 3 A*s for their Physics and Astronomy course or something, and also some of Durham's courses come quite close too, for Maths or Physics or Chemistry I think. Wouldn't know about any other subjects though

EDIT: Just checked Manchester, got it wrong

It was A*A*A when my friend was applying this year. He said it was probably just because Brian Cox goes there lol
Original post by Buongiorno
You have to speak about two cultural topics in the A2 speaking exam, so as long as you prepare for both for your speaking exam, you can concentrate on just one for your writing. That's what I did.

Aah, I see! What play and director did you do?
Reply 2768
Original post by ve_1995
Ah yeah I found history quite hard this year, it was nothing like gcse :frown: And I have a feeling I may have failed it because I couldn't fully answer one of the long essay questions, I just rambled on about the same point for a page and a bit, which isn't going to get me any marks :/ Anyway if you haven't got the grade you need then remember you can retake! Good luck though :smile:

It definitely wasn't, you can't just write everything you know about the topic lol. The thing is, what I wrote I thought was ok, its just that I write too slowly because I'm actually thinking about answering the question probably. I rambled as well because I literally forgot everything I revised, I get really panicky just before an exam, and yeah, I think I will retake my sources paper, my worst topic came up so I depended on the sources for information -_-
Reply 2769
I don't even want to see the news on Thursday morning - headlines like "A-level results drop for second year running omg mass panic the education system is in turmoil" are just going to make me think I've bombed...
Possibly worse would be "A-level results rise jesus christ exams are easy everyone cheats someone make sure that no one attends lessons next year to make it fair" will just give me false confidence. :redface:
Reply 2770
Original post by bfc4eva
does anyone know if you resit your a levels the next year because you have not got the grades needed for your course they can ask for higher grades than everyone else

It is possible that they can increase your offer by a grade or two if your retaking the year, I have a couple of friends that had that happen to them
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yes, an A* is 140 Points. They're irrelevant tbh

Why are the irrelevant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2772
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Yeah I hated that it was all about getting into firms, however there is the year 12 thread :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The year 12 thread is occupied by maths students so I can't really talk to anyone :tongue:
Reply 2773
Original post by JENG
does anyone else think that when the grade boundaries are released on Monday they will be able to tell from it if they got into their firm or not-------because I think I just might:confused::rolleyes:

* Wednesday
[QUOTE=Paramore

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. At this point in time, I just want to see them that's all :frown:
Do you think unis have made their decisions by now? Or only just received our results?
Reply 2776
Original post by Amz1217
It is possible that they can increase your offer by a grade or two if your retaking the year, I have a couple of friends that had that happen to them

is that not discrimination, do they not think you must really want to do it to go back another year.
Original post by annemariemoore
Yeah, I hated addiction! I thought research methods was quite nice, though. Same! Can't wait for the panic to be over in general. :tongue:

I usually like research methods (for unit 4 paper anyway) but I really don't know how I did in actual paper for that section :/ We'll just have to wait and see :smile: and yeah! Too much stress
Is there anybody on here that applied for Actuarial Science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kieran1502
I also much preferred the first 2 style of exams although it is to be expected that A2 is more difficult and you would be expected to write essays in order to get the high marks. I'm hoping to study psychology at uni, yourself?

I suppose so. Paper 1 was the best one! And psychology for me, too :smile:

Latest