The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sneha.vag
Yes, conditional- stupid typo. Then how comes some articles on the Internet that give advice on how to deal with such a situation say that you should call up the university and ask to speak to admissions tutor to ask if they will considered taking you in despite having missed your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. Well then call the university. It's probably not a big deal, they're just showing you how to deal with it in case people start panicking. You probably just call them up and it takes a few seconds to confirm because they have your results and your offers etc. No big deal, probably won't happen to you.

EDIT: I thought you meant offer remaining conditional despite achieving the required grades.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
Yh truee, but my parents cant afford to pay for all my retakes , so i take every exam as my last really , even if i did flop 1-2 papers i could pay for it , but when retakes in our school are £30 - £35 , its really hard :/

Hmm, well I'm sure you did fine mate! Good luck
Reply 2802
Is anyone else pissed off that we're the last people to find out our results?
Reply 2803
Our were those prices for written exams one price for OCR and the other aqa and language speaking retakes were about £80
Reply 2804
Original post by awkwardusername
I did A2 Media this year, but obviously I did AS last year so if you have any questions or anything, go ahead :smile:

What was your topic in As? We did TV Dramas and What was your practical genre on?
And did you make music videos this year?
I'm sorry, too many questions
Finally this thread is starting to attract people :wink:
Original post by AspiringGenius
Are you wanting to become a teacher at the end of it?

I might, but I'm not set on any career path yet.
Reply 2807
Original post by 002

Only by a matter of days, and it makes sense that unis get them first as they have alot of work to do with them.
I am so glad that it's my friends birthday party on the 14th. Most of the people going have either just finished their first year of uni, or are waiting for results on the 15th, so pretty much everyone there knows what it's like...
Reply 2809
Original post by 002

Is annoying!
Original post by kingdoo
Who has poor handwriting I think that is what is going to let me down a bit this year. If I get a U it is probably because they gave up trying to read my essays.:eek:

Don't worry, I have awful handwriting and examiners manage - most of them have teaching experience, so are used to reading all sorts of writing.
Reply 2811
Original post by emilyful
Do applicants get a notification as to whether they succeeded in getting into their chosen university at midnight on 15th August, or is that just a myth?

Not at midnight. Before 8am on the 15th though.
Reply 2812
Original post by susannad
Is annoying!

Agreed! Uni's got them this morning, college will get them Wednesday... Urgh it's so unfair knowing that someone else knows my fate, so to speak.
Reply 2813
Original post by aimz666
Agreed! Uni's got them this morning, college will get them Wednesday... Urgh it's so unfair knowing that someone else knows my fate, so to speak.

More so is how Scotland is a good few days before!
Original post by SyedaK
What was your topic in As? We did TV Dramas and What was your practical genre on?
And did you make music videos this year?
I'm sorry, too many questions

I didn't make music videos cause I don't like doing moving image, I did print and e-media instead :smile: But we had the option at both AS and A2 :smile:
We did TV dramas too!
And then both years, I did my coursework on music, so I "created a band" so to speak, and did interviews and posters etc for them, which was incredibly handy as I've got a few friends in bands that I was able to exploit a bit!
Original post by susannad
An offer that asks for grades and not points eg AAA or even BBC will just want grades and so if you have an offer of BBB and get ABC you haven't met your offer and it'll be up to the uni to decide. Also if your offer is grades then offer things that you can get points for like an epq or musical grades don't count - they then can only help the uni decides to give you a slightly lower offer. :-) hope that helps x

Thanks, that helped a lot :smile: That means achieving a higher grade in one subject but failing to met the grade requirement of another does not help. Oh dear, that could turn out to be a problem for me :frown: Thanks :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2816
Really just want to know now...the wait is killing me!
Original post by Padouken
Oh. Well then call the university. It's probably not a big deal, they're just showing you how to deal with it in case people start panicking. You probably just call them up and it takes a few seconds to confirm because they have your results and your offers etc. No big deal, probably won't happen to you.

EDIT: I thought you meant offer remaining conditional despite achieving the required grades.

No, I meant offer remaining unconditional after having missed your offer. Thanks :smile: Sometimes these things can get a little confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2818
Thanks, that helped a lot :smile: That means achieving a higher grade in one subject but failing to met the grade requirement of another does not help. Oh dear, that could turn out to be a problem for me :frown: Thanks :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would mean it wouldn't be dffo but most unis would be OK with it depending on which subjects you got the higher and lower grades in and how relevant they are to the course :-) x

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend of mine last year had an offer for Law with French Law at Exeter for AAA. He ended up with A* A B but they decided to let him in anyway. It's impossible to say how it'll go really, so best to just keep fingers crossed and panic for now.

Edit: He got an A* in History and a B in French or English Lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest