The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Passed Chemistry.
Failed Biology and Law.
Dreading results day.
Reply 2841
Original post by awkwardusername
I didn't make music videos cause I don't like doing moving image, I did print and e-media instead :smile: But we had the option at both AS and A2 :smile:
We did TV dramas too!
And then both years, I did my coursework on music, so I "created a band" so to speak, and did interviews and posters etc for them, which was incredibly handy as I've got a few friends in bands that I was able to exploit a bit!

Wow, that must've been cool!. We did something similar in year 11. And in A2 we're creating music videos - we have no option but I love editing videos so i'm fine with it. We're also doing representation of women - sounds simple
Everyone in AS: Has anyone started revising for A2 yet? Because I haven't and don't know whether I should feel bad not to.
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
How Ironic is this Guys, At the beginning most Universities will be advertising to you whether its by Radio , Online, Tv or on even on Spotify!

And you think 'Hey i might apply there' :awesome:
and when you do apply, and reject you - You'll be like 'Why where you even advertising to me in the first place!! If you were going to end up rejecting me! :mad: '

Ahhh Life is Tough indeed :bawling:

I've always wondered why universities bother advertising. It's not as if they're short of applicants. :confused:
When I went to some Open Days after I got a couple of offers they gave us a little welcome pack with glossy pictures of the Uni and stationary with pictures of optimistic students trying to convince us we should study at institute X.
Which is lovely and all, but I was thinking, "Seriously guys; you could tell me I just fall short of completely sucking at life and I'd still be trying to get a place with you! Why are you sucking up to me?"
Reply 2844
Original post by bunny96
* Wednesday
that's the one------I guess I want the day to come so bad that subliminally I have registered it in my head as MONDAY
Original post by kevsamuel
Everyone in AS: Has anyone started revising for A2 yet? Because I haven't and don't know whether I should feel bad not to.

Not worth it. Just relax and take it easy for now! Unless you know you are someone who takes a bit longer to pick up on theories/concepts, then by all means do. Otherwise, give yourself a well deserved break and just start when it all actually begins. If anything, just look over your syllabus for each subject and get a rough idea of what's to come.
Reply 2846
Original post by Padouken
Nope. My place is dependent upon my economics score and essays are usually subjective so you can't really have a good estimate of your score. My friend tried that, thought he got close to 100ums for unit 2 and got a low B LOL.

But I'll probably be able to tell whether or not I got my A* in chemistry.

I did economics as well with AQA what board were you on.
Reply 2847
Robin Van Persie just showed his belly button to television viewers after scoring a goal in the community shield.

Yes :P weirdly, it's taking my mind off of Results Day.
Reply 2849
Original post by JENG
I did economics as well with AQA what board were you on.

and its perhaps the subject for which a place at my firm hinges on....................

(A2 student): it depends on a number of factors*. It may be wise to wait for results because there is no point revising a subject which you may decide to drop.

*- is the subject rather synoptic (is it a Science), how good is your memory, do you have any constructive work to be getting along with... ultimately I don't know if it would be that advisable to start work now. Maybe around a week later the work you put in may be more useful.

If you are an AS student, I think maybe working towards your Personal Statement may be a better idea. You don't have to start writing it now (although that would be helpful) but you may want to start on some books you may want to mention or any last minute work experience.
Original post by Pleonasm
(A2 student): it depends on a number of factors*. It may be wise to wait for results because there is no point revising a subject which you may decide to drop.

*- is the subject rather synoptic (is it a Science), how good is your memory, do you have any constructive work to be getting along with... ultimately I don't know if it would be that advisable to start work now. Maybe around a week later the work you put in may be more useful.

If you are an AS student, I think maybe working towards your Personal Statement may be a better idea. You don't have to start writing it now (although that would be helpful) but you may want to start on some books you may want to mention or any last minute work experience.

I agree with this. The only work I'd bother doing over the Summer is reading books - if you have to for English, or a language. Reading the book before you study is a big advantage.
I know this is kinda random, but does anyone play Simpsons tapped out? I've been passing the time by playing games like that and candy crush saga and what not, on my iPod xD
Reply 2853
How Ironic is this Guys, At the beginning most Universities will be advertising to you whether its by Radio , Online, Tv or on even on Spotify!

and when you do apply, and reject you - You'll be like 'Why where you even advertising to me in the first place!! If you were going to end up rejecting me! :mad: '

On a side note, I wonder how you're doing with the Akatsuki? ( How ever you spell it)
Original post by Unashamed Geek
No, I sat A2 :smile:

A right well I did the AS exam.
Original post by susannad
Hertfordshire for industrial design, they only want 240points but cos I have 40 already I only needs 200 :-)

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do just fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2856

they dont just "reject" students because they want to..they do it because students didnt get the grades/points a University is requiring.
Original post by shaminn
I hoping to do Law at Warwick and they need AAA, but I have a feeling it'll be more like A*AB for me, so I hope they let me in with that! Ahh, I hope the admissions people are nice :frown:

I'm sure they would be merciful, but I'm also sure that they won't need to be :wink:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2858
Original post by sneha.vag
Good luck. I'm sure you'll do just fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should get 240 so should be fine I just wanna know!lol
Original post by 002
Robin Van Persie just showed his belly button to television viewers after scoring a goal in the community shield.

...I mean...who really cares about results anyway... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest