The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
looool ahaha, i asked Pein for a temporarily leave , as these upcoming results made me even more depressed ;D

i'm joking , i put a Genjutsu on the examiners, so i got nothing to worry about :P

Well, anythings possible when you're Itachi. Well, I'm currently doing the reanimation jitsu on Albert Einstein. I'm gonna need him for next years exam!
Reply 2901
Are we gonna get our result exactly at 9 in the morning on the 15th of August ?
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Are you sure? My college was charging 30 pounds (or more for practical exams) per retake as well.

yep definitely sure! check exam boards websites, they'll tell u the same thing.

practical resits are free?! so if ur in AS and resat an AS practical during the year its free. you only have to pay £20 if during year 13 you chose to resit any year 12 practicals. no matter how many u resit its £20, per subject.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2903
Calling all A2 Edexcel C3ers:
Do you think it affected your chance of making your firm offer than it should have?
Original post by Silcce
Hold up! If you resat an AS exam but didn't tell UCAS, because you didn't believe you could get a better grade e.t.c or because you submitted your form before you got your result or made up your mind, do you have to tell them what grade you got?!?! Because I just thought it would be added to the A2 grade and given to UCAS/ my firm uni! :eek: I think I'm about to have a panic attack right now :eek:

well according to pythianlegume you don't have to declare any module grades, so i assume you don't have to tell them about retakes either. I did, but that's cause my school made me. I declared 5resits, and got all my offers so don't worry :smile:
Original post by Tuya
Do you think it affected your chance of making your firm offer than it should have?

The grade boundaries will be adjusted accordingly.

Original post by needtosucceed=)
well according to pythianlegume you don't have to declare any module grades, so i assume you don't have to tell them about retakes either. I did, but that's cause my school made me. I declared 5resits, and got all my offers so don't worry :smile:

You don't have to declare retakes you have done, but you ought to declare retakes that you intend to do in your second year.
Original post by Ché.
Ah, yes!
Our accents are pretty non-compliant with the normal hearing of letters!

Same as French though!
You can do it!
:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee:

French is... Nice:tongue:
Reply 2907
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Haha, that just gives away that it's a dream :tongue:, I've only had one so far about my unit 1 physics result - the sheet read 90 ums. Strangely, that was the only result I received and all the others must have disappeared :lolwut:

It's strange how dreams are so unrealistic yet we fall for them every time :rolleyes:
Reply 2908
Anyone have Sheffield Uni firmed and know when freshers starts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kevsamuel
Everyone in AS: Has anyone started revising for A2 yet? Because I haven't and don't know whether I should feel bad not to.

Nope not yet. After all our exams we had to go back for another month to start A2 but that's about it. It does sound like a good idea though - we've got tests waiting for us when we get back so I guess I have to start revising for the stuff that we did. Plus A2 Chemistry's harder than I thought so...
I bet you anything 90% aren't going to remember half the stuff we did before the summer anyway - they might recap
Original post by bunny96
It's strange how dreams are so unrealistic yet we fall for them every time :rolleyes:

How I wish mine was real though :daydreaming:
Original post by bunny96

Haha, I'm practising lucid dreaming for this reason. Luckily I haven't had a results day themed dream nightmare yet but I bet it's all going to start this week
Original post by PythianLegume
The grade boundaries will be adjusted accordingly.

You don't have to declare retakes you have done, but you ought to declare retakes that you intend to do in your second year.

Surely you can just apply and then choose to retake later?
Bricking it, even that is an understatement.
people are always trying to relax me

"as long as you tried your best, thats all you can do"

"it wont be the end of the world"

"your life wont over if you dont get in to your firm"

"everything that happens, happens for a reason"

yeah..... THAT DOESN'T HELP ME!!!

SHUT UP! LET ME CRAWL INTO A HOLE AND GET OUT WHEN MY RESULTS ARE OUT, STOP TALKING!
Reply 2915
Hopefully this won't be my reaction on Thursday: http://youtu.be/0wgqxQdilRw?t=26s
God I'm absolutely petrified

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuya

Personally no, because I got a decent mark in Jan, and my AS mark gave me lots of leeway. But it affected my mental health that day more than it should have :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Surely you can just apply and then choose to retake later?

Well yes, in reality there is no way they would find out about retakes :biggrin:
Original post by garabacm
Anyone have Sheffield Uni firmed and know when freshers starts?

They're my insurance, but it starts on Monday the 23rd September. There's information on the website here. :smile:

Latest