The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32

Well I've been offered a conditional place at this sixth form college: www.dsfc.ac.uk :smile:

At the moment I'm looking through the kit list so I know what i need to buy! :smile:

Whats everyone else doing?
Reply 2521
Original post by Its Andy
Well I've been offered a conditional place at this sixth form college: www.dsfc.ac.uk :smile:

At the moment I'm looking through the kit list so I know what i need to buy! :smile:

Whats everyone else doing?

Congrats:h:

I'm still unsure resources wise what I need!
Original post by Jatz07
Drinking chocolate milkshake :biggrin:

Jatz

You have anything planned till results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Does your school pay for your remark if you are very close to the boundary?:smile:

I don't know about all schools, but my school definitely does. In year 9 I had all 3 of my exams remarked for my humanities GCSE and I managed to gain a few extra marks, pushing me just over the overall A* boundary :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Need to buy smart clothes and equipment for sixth forum, i have nothing a the moment. Thinking of choosing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies, but still have no idea what I'm going to do in uni. And I know when we go back to school our teachers are going to keep bugging me to make my mind up :s-smilie:
Original post by Djent
Get 3 A's at A level, if you achieve at least 1 A*, even better.

You may qualify for entry into a foundation Medicine Programme where an extra year is spent learning clinical specialities & the science of things however, as long as your A levels are decent, look for Med schools which only require advanced gcse grades (B) in English+a C in a Foreign language, such as UCL, Kings College London or Nottingham.

You'll struggle to get into Med schools which require a fixed amount of A/B grades at Gcse in the sciences, such as Imperial/Leeds/Oxford etc.

I've got As in the Sciences, I know that much.
Reply 2526
Original post by Kill3er
Need to buy smart clothes and equipment for sixth forum, i have nothing a the moment. Thinking of choosing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Religious Studies, but still have no idea what I'm going to do in uni. And I know when we go back to school our teachers are going to keep bugging me to make my mind up :s-smilie:

'Sixth forum'...

what has tsr done to you:giggle:
Original post by elixirs
'Sixth forum'...

what has tsr done to you:giggle:

LOL
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:tongue:

Ah, well, I'll apply there and if I get an offer, reject it after thought...

There's some years abroad with industry! Or even both separately in the degree :sogood:

Oxbridge not offering Maths with anything (other than Philosophy really) or a year abroad really sucks. :angry:
Original post by aasvogel
Oxbridge not offering Maths with anything (other than Philosophy really) or a year abroad really sucks. :angry:

Ikr... Unofficially Oxford has some year abroads... But nothing official :mad:

There's a year abroad for languages ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2531

Oxford offer Maths with Computer Science, Philosophy and Statistics. Cambridge just do Maths and there's the option for Physics if you think you might transfer to the Physics course after a year. But it isn't a great variety of subjects :tongue:
Reply 2532
Is it possible to find out the grade boundaries for each exam before the results are issued?
Original post by tess_rach
There's a year abroad for languages ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not gonna do a language now :')
Reply 2534
Original post by Jennym5
Is it possible to find out the grade boundaries for each exam before the results are issued?

The day before:smile:
Reply 2535
Im in the exact same situation as dinasaurus, makes me wish I tried harder and behaved in school haha

It seems every other university offers it too. ~_~
Original post by chloe--
Oxford offer Maths with Computer Science, Philosophy and Statistics. Cambridge just do Maths and there's the option for Physics if you think you might transfer to the Physics course after a year. But it isn't a great variety of subjects :tongue:

They're all quite mathsy, I want something like Maths with French, a year abroad, with international relations but no!
Original post by chloe--

I had a look at the subjects the other day, I want to do computer science at uni and was quite surprised to see that Oxford offered Computer Science and Philosophy together! I thought that was quite an interesting combination :smile: No-one else might, but the thought of Computer Science and Philosophy really appeals to me!
They're all quite mathsy, I want something like Maths with French, a year abroad, with international relations but no!

Would Maths and Philosophy appeal to you?

Latest