The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5160
Bertrand seems to be developing well. I've been impressed by him this pre season.
A few minutes ago I was about to praise Ramires, now I'm happy I didn't say anything :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Terry for Lukaku.. o_O. Hope our defence is ok.
That was some nice skill from Hazard.
once again, we won't get a penalty. Wonder when the run will end.
Reply 5164
Actually na, Ivan and cahill at CB and bertrand at LB with ramires RB.
(edited 10 years ago)
Knew we'd score. That was cool to watch.
Reply 5166
YOU BELGIAN BEASTS!!!
Hazard player of the match. So beasty man. I hope he starts the season like this.
That is why having 2 strikers will be a good change, good play.
Reply 5168
Original post by cleveradam
That is why having 2 strikers will be a good change, good play.

Tbf when we need a goal and the striker is being isolated we should put on another striker, but it did leave us pretty open on the counter, if they were more clinical we could have easily conceded off the counter, but nice to see him taking the risk.

Lukaku did well though.
Well, at least we ended the pre-season on a high note. Onto Hull next week :cool:
Reply 5170
It's been a very productive preseason, only lost to real, but bar that we've been good for the most part. Blackman filled in quite well though. I'm happy with pre-season and I don't doubt that we'd beat hull on the first day of the season tbh. :smile:

Anyway I think terry is still our best CB. Luiz has too many lapses and off games for me.
Very well played in the second half.
Quick tactical changes from Jose. It's good to know that we have plans A-Z from now on!
Bring on the league.....
Reply 5172
Original post by cleveradam
we will never get a penalty again? we could have had 4-5 potential penalties in this pre-season.

What are you talking about? We had one against Inter a few days ago.
Reply 5173
Original post by MarkII
What are you talking about? We had one against Inter a few days ago.

Which was a bull**** pen anyway, we didn't deserve a pen vs roma, if we did then bertrand shoving lamela and not even going for the ball was definately a pen.
Reply 5174
Original post by jam277
Which was a bull**** pen anyway, we didn't deserve a pen vs roma, if we did then bertrand shoving lamela and not even going for the ball was definately a pen.

I know. I just mean it's odd that he saying we never get penalties. I'd say we get them a lot more leniently than the other top clubs.
Reply 5175
Original post by MarkII
I know. I just mean it's odd that he saying we never get penalties. I'd say we get them a lot more leniently than the other top clubs.

More than spurs for sure, but I think a lot of the time it's due to our players being pretty tricky so will draw fouls, really since hazard stays on his feet more(messi like in fact) you don't see him getting as many pens but he could easily go down and take the freekick or penalty.
Original post by jam277
More than spurs for sure, but I think a lot of the time it's due to our players being pretty tricky so will draw fouls, really since hazard stays on his feet more(messi like in fact) you don't see him getting as many pens but he could easily go down and take the freekick or penalty.

Didn't Spurs not get one penalty last season haha? :lol:

Watched the game last night and Essien looked very good, something about linking up with Mourinho even last season and his play improved.

Luiz was a little sloppy and Scwarzer what was he thinking haha?!?

However brilliant move putting Ba and Lukaku on at the same time.
Reply 5177
Original post by Malevolent
Didn't Spurs not get one penalty last season haha? :lol:

Watched the game last night and Essien looked very good, something about linking up with Mourinho even last season and his play improved.

Luiz was a little sloppy and Scwarzer what was he thinking haha?!?

However brilliant move putting Ba and Lukaku on at the same time.

Essien will be better under mourinho, I feel that he's got better passing ability than ramires or at the very least makes the simple passes, he does it faster than mikel does too.

Luiz hasn't had much pre-season tbf and just came back from injury.

Smart tactical decisions, I think the introduction of hazard and van ginkel won the game for us, obviously lukaku scored the winner but you could see the improvement of pressing and tempo in our play when van ginkel and hazard came on.

I wonder how schurlle will fit though. I don't see too much in him. Seems to have a good shot on him so would like to see him go for goal a bit more or to take on his man and fire a cross in with his pace. Bar that he just seems one dimensional and a steady eddy guy. Doesn't seem to be the guy to take the game to the opposition from what I've seen, although I've seen those qualities from mata, hazard, de bruyne, oscar and even moses but I've seen no such thing from schurlle as of yet.

I guess it's pre-season though.
Original post by jam277
Essien will be better under mourinho, I feel that he's got better passing ability than ramires or at the very least makes the simple passes, he does it faster than mikel does too.

Luiz hasn't had much pre-season tbf and just came back from injury.

Smart tactical decisions, I think the introduction of hazard and van ginkel won the game for us, obviously lukaku scored the winner but you could see the improvement of pressing and tempo in our play when van ginkel and hazard came on.

I wonder how schurlle will fit though. I don't see too much in him. Seems to have a good shot on him so would like to see him go for goal a bit more or to take on his man and fire a cross in with his pace. Bar that he just seems one dimensional and a steady eddy guy. Doesn't seem to be the guy to take the game to the opposition from what I've seen, although I've seen those qualities from mata, hazard, de bruyne, oscar and even moses but I've seen no such thing from schurlle as of yet.

I guess it's pre-season though.

Yeah man, I see what you meant about Hazard being very Messi like, loads of slaloming runs and tried to keep upright when kicked. If he could chip he would be just :coma:

Essien definitely has better passing ability, Mikel just looks awkward sometimes.

I might have been harsh on Luiz yeah just commenting on what I noticed. Also Cahill was actually sticking to his man for once :ahee:

As you said its just pre-season but I like what I see.
To me, the match should have ended Chelsea 1-0 As Roma.
We obviously know AS Roma goal could have been prevented, Chelsea's second goal could also have been prevented, if you look at the replay, when Hazard passed the ball, it was easily going to end up in the Keepers glove but Roma defender came in the middle and the ball came to Ba.

Latest